OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 09:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
This is one of those threads that tries to masquerade as a serious question, when it really is merely a means to castigate a member whose opinions the originator doesn't appreciate.
ehBeth wrote:
since that member doesn't appear to be aware of threads he doesn't start, he'll never know,
so you don't have to feel too badly for him
Ignorance is bliss ?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 09:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It may be, but it doesn't, at all, modify the intent of the source of the insult.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 11:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Females obstructing space, for unreasonable periods of time, lost in personal thwarts -

honey, you have a berserk view.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 12:17 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Females obstructing space, for unreasonable periods of time, lost in personal thwarts -

Osso, that is very CLEVER !
I wish that I 'd thawt of that.

David
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 03:13 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Why do some men hate women? Do you think it arises from fear?

There are probably many reasons why a man would hate women. A very intense Oedipus Complex and a fear of impregnanting his pre-menopausal mother are the most likely.
Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 03:21 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
An intent which you assume for sake of picking a fight, and not an intent which is evident in either opening post, nor the course of the thread.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 03:25 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're laughable. There is no ire here. There is a reasonable question, which many members have attempted to reasonably answer.

But the hilarity arises from the attempt on your part to suggest that i make a practice of venting ire at other members, which is rich coming from someone whose common MO is to come into a thread and accuse other members of the kind of hatefulness which he so commonly deals in himself. Your behavior here is typically trollish. You have nothing to contribute on the subject, you just want to make all about you, rather than the subject.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 03:28 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Legitimacy? You love to just throw out language which makes you sound wise, but which has absolutely nothing to contribuge to the subject at hand. This thread is intended for a discussion of why men would fear or hate women. It was never intended for a discussion of the member whose sad, silly thread insipired it, nor has it been. It wasn't intended to be a discussion of your delusions.

The thread topic is clear in the title. The thread's not about you. Do you actually have something germane to contribute, or do you just want to continue to whine?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 04:19 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Females obstructing space,
for unreasonable periods of time, lost in personal thwarts -

OK, Osso; here is an example of what I had in mind:
some years ago, I went to a shopping mall whose parking lot
was full. I saw a couple approach their car, apparently
about to vacate the spot, so I stopped nearby to await the vacancy;
no contact with anyone.
I saw the woman of the couple taking a long time to leave.
I got a gut feeling intuition that in a spiteful, vindictive spirit,
she was delaying departure. I said n did nothing.

Then her guy was pushing her to hurry up to go,
but I heard her say something about spiting the guy
waiting in his car n she got mad at him for causing her
to damage some of her property in her car
because of the disturbance between them.
I sat there silently. She continued to remain there
apparently engaged in trivia.

She pulled out (however grudgingly) and I took the parking space.
I did not go "berserk". (honey)

David
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 06:45 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Thank you ehBeth as you have confirmed my take on the reason for this thread.

Either English is not your first language or you are being deliberately obtuse and offensive.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 08:11 am
@engineer,
As a white male who isn't in control of anything and who bears no ill will toward anyone, it's disappointing to hear that I'm apparently not getting any of the rewards of my "clan". Where can I get some of this privilege stuff?

Maybe it's not white males that are the problem, maybe it's white male assholes (the asshole subset of the species) that are the problem.
Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 08:20 am
@rosborne979,
Now that really cracked me up.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 08:25 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Now that really cracked me up.
Glad I could help. Smile

You're not a white male are you? I wouldn't want to be helping someone who's already got life by the balls.
Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 08:32 am
@rosborne979,
Yeah, i'm a white male . . . but over the years, i've begun to suspect that someone forgot to send me the memos . . .
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 09:56 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Setanta wrote:

Why do some men hate women? Do you think it arises from fear?

There are probably many reasons why a man would hate women. A very intense Oedipus Complex and a fear of impregnanting his pre-menopausal mother are the most likely.

The word "hate" may be a misnomer. I prefer the word "alienation."

Many women are alienated from men, and vice versa. We are socialized usually in two different worlds. Whether we have a natural affinity for each respective world needs to be answered in academia. But, I do believe many women live in a world of their personal emotions, while many men live in a world that puts one's personal emotions on the proverbial "back burner," since boys have been told that personal emotions are counter-productive to get things done, as boys/men are supposed to do.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:13 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

As a white male who isn't in control of anything and who bears no ill will toward anyone, it's disappointing to hear that I'm apparently not getting any of the rewards of my "clan". Where can I get some of this privilege stuff?

Maybe it's not white males that are the problem, maybe it's white male assholes (the asshole subset of the species) that are the problem.

Do you believe you haven't benefited at all from white privilege?
engineer

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 12:06 pm
@snood,
I think it is very easy for people to not notice that they are privledged while it is extremely easy to notice if you are discriminated against. If there are twenty people standing around for a race and ten are not permitted to run and two are intentionally tripped at the starting line, the remaining eight are still running hard to the finish line. Were they able to walk to victory? No. Did they have an advantage in that they only had to run a race of eight instead of twenty? Yes. Will they recognize that as they cross the finish line? Likely they will feel they won their ribbons for running a good race and not because the field was winnowed out early.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 12:34 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

Do you believe you haven't benefited at all from white privilege?

If one goes to Manhattan early enough, one does see the homeless sleeping on cardboard boxes over the heating vents from buildings. And, in my observations, not only are the homeless predominantly Black, but of a very dark hue, and with the physical facial traits that reflect the stereotypical Black person of the (white) blackface vaudeville era. I am talking about facial features. My point is that going to work, at the same time, are many Black office workers that do not usually resemble these usually homeless people (usually males). I mean, they are not, in any way, "passing" as white; however, they just are not as dark hued, or with the stereotypical facial features, that oftentimes the homeless might reflect.

So, before someone takes issue with my comment, my point is that it is not just white folks that get "privileges" from "whiteness," but also Blacks seem to get privileges for having some European ancestors.

It is the same with Jews, many times. The Jew that is secular, but with very curly hair, big nose, short and chubby, has an uphill battle oftentimes in life, in a white Gentile society. However, the Jew with straight blond hair, straight nose, tall, or at least average height, and normal weight, finds himself/herself gaining the privilege oftentimes reserved for the attractive white Gentiles.

What I think this reflects is really just that people are not comfortable with those that they deem not attractive by the standards of those in power in society. So, beauty therefore reflects height, hair texture, facial features, weight, and skin tone. Must this be racism? Can it be a comfort zone that "market forces" rewards?

The key thought is that the Jew that is considered unattractive, by society's standards, still can lead a comfortable life by applying himself/herself to get an education and not expect to marry a spouse of a different image. In other words, in spite of society's prejudices, a Jew does not have to let his less than preferred image hold himself/herself back in life. I see this same attitude amongs the Blacks of West Indian descent. Come to your own conclusions.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 08:22 pm
@Setanta,
There's nothing in your three separate replies that calls for a reply.

I've made my opinion clear.

That you don't appreciate it, is to be expected.

That you consider calling out a bully to be trollish is expected as well.

Thomas

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 09:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
There's nothing in your three separate replies that calls for a reply.

Which is why your stony silence was just the right reaction. More power to you for not writing a reply!