The kittens are coming!

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 05:56 pm
@Roberta,
Woollies better stir their stumps!
roger

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 07:14 pm
@dlowan,
Or What. . . ? They got lifetime tenure and you know it. So do they.
dlowan

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 11:29 pm
@roger,
Found a dead meece!!! Not sure if it was killed by woollies or by me when I moved boxes.

It had been dead for a bit. That explains the smell in the kitchen that I couldn't work out or get rid of!
dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 06:48 am
@dlowan,
Oh my. Such an exciting walk with Sebastian tonight! I had let Viola out for one of her rambles while watering, meaning to encourage her back inside when I put Sebastian on his leash for his walk.

Well, Sebastian took off for his walk at a run and Viola decided she wasn’t going home, no sirree, not while Sebastian was having fun! So she took off for the Orchard too, frisking away from me when I tried to herd her home.

Eventually I caught her and tried to carry her home, while Sebastian pulled with all his might in the opposite direction and tangled his leash in stuff!

We sorted that out and Sebastian galloped off into the wilds on his extension leash while I jogged after him, worrying about snakes.

We were passing a house peacefully minding our own business when a dog within began barking. The owners came out to investigate led by the dog, which was making extraordinary noises most aptly described as being like the hound of the Baskervilles on steroids with modern amplification.

Sebastian froze while we both looked at the fragile fence and I attempted to explain to the owners that I was just an innocent neighbour walking her cat and not a gang come to kill them all.

I carried Sebastian past the drama and then he asked to be put down and ran for home.

Took him a while to calm down and start to enjoy his walk again!
Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:05 pm
@dlowan,
Yes, an adventure. Glad to see that Viola gets out and doesn't always behave. Sorry that the woollies were scared.

I have mixed feelings about your harrowing experience. I like when things get a little out of hands with pets. I don't like when my friends are upset.

One final note: SNAKES!!
dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:48 pm
@Roberta,
We have many snakes. Mainly Browns, which are highly venomous but not particularly aggressive.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 06:51 pm
Hey Deb, I know about brown snakes. Very venomous. I'm gonna try not to worry.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 06:51 pm
Hey Deb, I know about brown snakes. Very venomous. I'm gonna try not to worry.
ddlowan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 02:49 am
@Roberta,
Well.

Tomorrow the woollies turn 7

SEVEN!

Roberta

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 06:20 am
@ddlowan,
Wish them a happy birthday for me.
roger

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:13 am
@ddlowan,
Ddlowan? Next, we'll be talking to Borat Sister.
ddlowan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 07:28 pm
@roger,
I’m sure her email just address no longer exists either!!!!
0 Replies

ddlowan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 07:29 pm
@Roberta,
Been giving Sebastian his birthday spanking
ddlowan

Reply Sun 6 May, 2018 06:49 pm
@ddlowan,
Well, this beats all.

Had to take Viola to the vet for her heart check and t get meds.

She gets very anxious so she came home with a lot of adrenaline in her system. She decided to do her mad hour early as a consequence.

After hurling herself around for a while she seems to have succeeded only in hyping herself up.

She leaped on the bed where Sebastian and I were resting peacefully and carried on like a maniac. She was switching her tail so hard that she started hitting herself in the face. Sadly, Sebastian was right there, staring in amazement, so she thought he's done it and hit him. he hissed at her, making her more convinced he had done it. She became angry, hence switching her tail more and thusly hitting herself in the face more, which she continued to blame on Sebastian so he continued to get hit!

I had to intervene because they were both getting very worked up.

Roberta

Reply Sun 6 May, 2018 10:10 pm
@ddlowan,
There's nothing like a meshugina cat to brighten up an otherwise dreary day. Thanks for the report.
ddlowan

Reply Sun 6 May, 2018 10:31 pm
@Roberta,
But they are doing their job with mice! Seven dead mice!
Roberta

Reply Mon 7 May, 2018 02:51 pm
@ddlowan,
I congratulate them on this. Good work, woollies! I salute you.
ddlowan

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 06:13 pm
@Roberta,
Oh dearie me!

Last night I was congratulating cats on catching their 8th mouse! This one is heavily pregnant, so while sad for the mouse, it is good news for the neighbourhood.

Then, last night again, Sebastian smashed a platter in moves apparently meant to indicate to me that he was still hungry.

Then, this morning, he pissed on the bed! The piss actually made it through the covers to my leg.

I have to try to clean the quilt, two sheets and the waterproof undersheet

AND try to figure out what this is all about.

I am thinking I haven't been paying enough attention to him and haven't played long and hard enough for him.

I swallowed my anger and gave him a good bottom smack and a game of devil cat this morning.

he was still lurking under a sofa rug hoping to be pounced on when I left.

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 09:28 pm
@ddlowan,
you need three litter boxes. Two set upp at different pot for each of the two cats an a "Spare" . The pissing on your leg is a territory thing between the two cats.

Youve gotta deal with it because it wont go quietly away.
ddlowan

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 09:50 pm
@farmerman,
I have four