The kittens are coming!

roger

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 11:54 pm
@dlowan,
Bless his heart, Nerm doesn't lick. At bedtime though, he will sit beside my head till his runny nose takes over. Then, he will shake his head like a wet dog, spray me with cat snot, and finally move to the other side of the bed.

We have a better relationship than it sounds, but that's what he does, alright.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:53 am
deb, I can't remember a panicked moment that resulted in a scratch. Fact is, I can't remember a panicked moment.

I encountered cat claws when I was being kneaded. This presented a problem with Mikey the monster cat. He was very big and strong. When he kneaded me, it was painful.
dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 07:45 am
@Roberta,
Kneads are painful here too. Need to keep clipping those claws!
dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 04:22 pm
@dlowan,
Woollies turn 5 today!!! Five!
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 05:44 pm
@dlowan,
Five hugs (or equivalent they might like) from me for the Woolie pair.

Bunch of years ago, when my husband went out to his truck to go to a job, there was a cat meowing in the truck bed, no collar, and she might have been in the truck from far away in the first place. I, ms. allergy, already dealing with two cats and a dog, said, let me call Sue.

Sue, my later business partner, is the woman I've talked about rescuing a doberman she saw tossed from a truck (by some guy on a certain freeway), pulling over with her truck and lifting the dog, taking him to vet, and paying for his hip surgery, and so on. That dog loved her for the rest of his lifetime. That was Rojo.

So, John and I named the cat Margaret and I did call Sue and delivered Margaret to her studio door.... but Sue hadn't gotten the message and was met at her studio back door by Margaret. (Yes, I should have verified. This pre instant connections and I had a long drive to work).

I don't know if I was consulting for Sue at the time or just colleague who became friends. I joined her business for a fair while back in LA (until the riots ended that for her studio), and Margaret became a studio cat.

So there I was one fluorescent lit day drawing a large landscape plan we devised and Margaret landed on the drawing. Instinctively I grabbed her off, and had the slim four or five inch scar for years.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 01:50 am
@dlowan,
HB to Viola and Sebastian.
dlowan

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 07:39 am
@Roberta,
The woollies have landed in our new place.

Still boxes up the wazoo.

They are roaming around constantly exploring the new digs.

Horrible day for them. They were suddenly seized and imprisoned in my car, with a litter box.

After hours had passed, they were driven a long way and then dumped in a strange bathroom.

Finally released, it was too dark for them to appreciate how gloriously sunny their new place is, with fascinating things to see out the windows and great walks to go on.

They have just both settled on me....after five hours. Now, of course, I have to get up and go to the shop to get things like a toothbrush, toothpaste and loo paper. Of course, I carefully packed these things but I can't find them and it's after 11 pm
Sturgis

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 04:23 pm
@dlowan,
Good, good, good! Glad the move is done, now you guys can settle in and maybe start relaxing some. (just blink your eyes a and maybe all the unpacking will magically occur)
dlowan

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 04:58 pm
@Sturgis,
If Only!
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 05:03 pm
@dlowan,
I'm following, of course. I tend to worry about kitties getting out, but ours were out and our yard was their territory. I'm interested in the transition for you and them (may they have fun).
dlowan

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 11:02 pm
@ossobucotemp,
They are starting to relax. Sebastian welcomed our first guests with aplomb.

It is sunny and the sun is streaming in!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 11:02 pm
I congratulate you on your new home--and you and the woollies surviving the move.

Will there be an outside enclosure as there was with your other place? I wouldn't mind a description of the new digs, but description or not, I'm happy you're there.
Roberta

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 04:25 am
@Roberta,
I saw the pic on facebook.

Looks like there will be lots of light.
dlowan

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 02:34 am
@Roberta,
Oh man! You're looking at Facebook?! Great. Lots of pics there. I can do more
Roberta

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 03:20 am
@dlowan,
Don't get yourself all worked up. It's the first time I looked on Facebook. I had to see what you posted.
dlowan

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 07:26 am
@Roberta,
Happy sundrenched cats posted on Facebook!
dlowan

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 02:59 am
@dlowan,
Trouble. We have trouble in my house.

I'm in the middle of putting the last shelves in the pantry, when I see a lot of tea leaves on the floor of the pantry.

I am a tad surprised and go to clean it up.

Only it's not tea leaves!

It's mouse ****. LOTS of mouse ****!

Two bloody cats in the house and the pantry door has been open all the time. Yet we have mice!
roger

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 03:06 am
@dlowan,
I know just what you mean. The cats I've had it the past quarter century have been hell on lizards and spiders. I suppose if a mouse had enough respect for the cats and rattled his little tail in fear, we might have gotten some action.

Nermal did once stalk a flock of pigeons, though. He crouched, flicked his tail, wiggled his butt and finally made this great flying leap. He was younger then, of course, and of course, the pigeons all scattered.
dlowan

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 03:45 am
@roger,
I love meece. But the cats better earn their keep. Mine love spiders, too.
Roberta

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 01:51 pm
@dlowan,
Eeeek! And sympathies. Of my three felines, Miranda was the only one who did them mice in.