31

The kittens are coming!

2  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 11:54 pm
@dlowan,
Bless his heart, Nerm doesn't lick. At bedtime though, he will sit beside my head till his runny nose takes over. Then, he will shake his head like a wet dog, spray me with cat snot, and finally move to the other side of the bed.

We have a better relationship than it sounds, but that's what he does, alright.

Roberta

3  
Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:53 am
deb, I can't remember a panicked moment that resulted in a scratch. Fact is, I can't remember a panicked moment.

I encountered cat claws when I was being kneaded. This presented a problem with Mikey the monster cat. He was very big and strong. When he kneaded me, it was painful.
dlowan

1  
Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 07:45 am
@Roberta,
Kneads are painful here too. Need to keep clipping those claws!
dlowan

1  
Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 04:22 pm
@dlowan,
Woollies turn 5 today!!! Five!
ossobucotemp

2  
Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 05:44 pm
@dlowan,
Five hugs (or equivalent they might like) from me for the Woolie pair.

Bunch of years ago, when my husband went out to his truck to go to a job, there was a cat meowing in the truck bed, no collar, and she might have been in the truck from far away in the first place. I, ms. allergy, already dealing with two cats and a dog, said, let me call Sue.

Sue, my later business partner, is the woman I've talked about rescuing a doberman she saw tossed from a truck (by some guy on a certain freeway), pulling over with her truck and lifting the dog, taking him to vet, and paying for his hip surgery, and so on. That dog loved her for the rest of his lifetime. That was Rojo.

So, John and I named the cat Margaret and I did call Sue and delivered Margaret to her studio door.... but Sue hadn't gotten the message and was met at her studio back door by Margaret. (Yes, I should have verified. This pre instant connections and I had a long drive to work).

I don't know if I was consulting for Sue at the time or just colleague who became friends. I joined her business for a fair while back in LA (until the riots ended that for her studio), and Margaret became a studio cat.

So there I was one fluorescent lit day drawing a large landscape plan we devised and Margaret landed on the drawing. Instinctively I grabbed her off, and had the slim four or five inch scar for years.

Roberta

1  
Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 01:50 am
@dlowan,
HB to Viola and Sebastian.