The kittens are coming!

farmerman

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 05:17 am
@dlowan,
ya need someone to hunt out the funnel webs?
dlowan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 05:42 am
@farmerman,
Huh? We don't have funnel webs where I am.

Not sure how funnel webs got into this conversation.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 08:08 am
@dlowan,
Brava!!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 05:37 pm
Congrats re new house. When will you be moving?
dlowan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 07:29 pm
@Roberta,
First I must sell! House should be ready round March next year, or so they say.

Contract allows them to market it to someone else by October.
dlowan

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:07 am
@dlowan,
So. Woollies and I are back in same building I left four years ago!

Renting, thus time, until my new place is built.

Awful move.

Had no time to prepare...I just discovered that the agent seemingly told the buyer that I really wanted a fast settlement, which I didn't, and he told me that SHE wanted a really quick settlement, which she didn't.

I suspect he wanted a really quick settlement so he got his commission fast.

Anyway, I am in a small apartment with boxes crowding me out. Biggest problem is a teeny weeny wardrobe, less than half a normal size. I thought it was a full wall built in wardrobe! I have boxes and boxes and boxes of clothes!!!

Haven't unpacked at all. We were packing all yesterday and since 5.00 am this morning.

My friend Dodi has won a palatial mansion in heaven for her help.

And she tripped and fell against my shower screen and has a lump on her head and a sore backside!

Shower screen is totalled. Hopefully its shattering absorbed some of the blow.

Woollies enjoyed themselves up until this morning.

Then they got locked in the bathroom, then put in a car, then locked in another bathroom and then released a weird new reality.

Poor little loves!

They have settled a bit....viola up in the cat tree looking around. Sebastian was cuddling but took himself off when I moved.

No,wifi!

Roberta

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 07:49 pm
@dlowan,
Phooey about the rush, but I'm glad you're there and the move is done.

Tell Dodi I say hi and a sympathetic ouch.

I send you virtual bread, salt, and sugar for your new abode.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 08:11 pm
@dlowan,
Boy, oh boy, is that annoying. I don't suppose there is some real estate agent board you can report it to..

Sympathetic ouch to Dodi from me too, a fellow tripper, as you know, Dlowan.
dlowan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 02:11 am
@Roberta,
Thank you. Gratefully received.

I have only just found my personal hygiene materials....haven't bathed in two days. Actually, Dodi found them. I saw them briefly when I arrived yesterday but couldn't find them again. Also haven't found where my knickers are, so let us just say that yesterday's funeral baked meats did coldly furnish forth the wedding tables, as it were.

Tomorrow is my first day that I don't have to rise at sparrow's fart and work furiously or be chained to my abode waiting for someone who won't give a time, even a rough one, for when they will arrive since last Thursday. Woot! Of course I should chain myself to the place unpacking boxes, but I'm off to have a good coffee and buy some food....and also some knickers, I fear.

As for the agent, I'd never prove it. I'm just being philosophical about it all. At least I am moved and I can start trying to save money earlier.

Woollies a little more settled. They ventured out into the corridor outside briefly. I used to give them big gallops up and down the long corridor when nobody was about when I lived here before, so hope to do so again soon.

So far Sebastian has smashed the only teapot I could find in his exploring. I can't find cleaning cloths to wipe it up or a dustpan and broom to sweep up the remains!

I hired cleaners to clean my previous place, via the real estate agent.

They called the agent to complain I had left lots of rubbish! Since I had paid for two loads of rubbish to be removed I was shocked.

The rubbish turned out to be a small cupboard full of cooking stuff that the movers left by mistake, the particular bits of furniture I had left in the shed at the new owners request so she could see if she wanted to keep them, a shelving unit that came with the house, the wheelbarrow and compost I left for the new owner with her agreement, one of the cat's litter boxes which wouldn't fit in the car and for which we were going back today, a mysterious set of old curtains which we couldn't find, a box of shoes ditto, the instructions for the solar electricity unit and the dishwasher, and a curtain rod someone recently dumped on the footpath outside my place.

I think they didn't realise I owned the place and was coming back today.

We never saw the curtains or shoes. We were amazed to find that the matches I had left for the new owner had been placed in a pile with the "rubbish"

dlowan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 02:12 am
@ossobucotemp,
You don't seem to hurt yourself!
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 07:03 am
@dlowan,
Grrrrrrrrr!
dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 07:02 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Cats just disappeared under the bed when someone came to do some work. Probably thought we were moving again poor little things!

Haven't been well so not a lot unpacked as yet.

I'm just so tired! Don't want to do anything!
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 07:42 pm
@dlowan,
I do, I do. Short or long stories, not good. On the other hand, I need to keep perking.

To explain, I've always had poor peripheral vision, and always tripped on tree stumps, but have been ok for long stretches, with a certain wariness. I'm worse lately, ask Diane. She mostly gets me, but not quite but I don't wish to complain. We have different eyes and she tells me about things I see. How could I complain, she cares. I need to explain better.

Paving in Albuquerque is the worst I've seen. Idiotville. What ere my personal problems, I know grading.

I do remember my trying to jump many rocks, on a trip to Yosemite with a guy I was crazy about. He was an M.D. and remonstrated to me that I needed to get in better condition. Probably true. Neither of us knew what was going on with my vision.

I've a present crack on my noggin. Call me careful.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 03:06 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Cats just disappeared under the bed when someone came to do some work. Probably thought we were moving again poor little things!

Haven't been well so not a lot unpacked as yet.

I'm just so tired! Don't want to do anything!

If you're not well, then forget about unpacking. Get yourself better. Then you can worry about the stuff. Let's face it, bunny. The stuff ain't going anywhere.
dlowan

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 01:29 am
@Roberta,
Dodi around yesterday. I have teapots! I have coffee! I have dustpans and brooms! I have plates...still hardly any cups or glasses. I Have TV and DVD. Still no internet. Still no idea what to do with huge packs of superior dry cat food I bought...one of the sacks is torn. This place has a stupid larder half the size of the one I had....grrrrrrrrr.

I think I will feel better as I get place looking shipshape.
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 01:38 am
@dlowan,
Ive not been checking in regularly but , you moved?

Watch the cats so they dont start wizing on stuff. We had that problem with on cat that wed take to the shore or Maine and the damn thing would start "marking" . And of course I was in harge of buying the cleaners and deodorizers and getting down on the floor to aniff out qhere the pee marks qere.
Damn embarrasing for a patriarch like meself being brought down so low as to be a piss sniffer and cleaner upper.

dlowan

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 02:25 am
@farmerman,
I have been crossing my fingers about that! I have the various chemicals etc but I really don't want that happening in a rental!
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 03:53 pm
@farmerman,
Great last sentence there, Farmer.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 07:03 pm
@dlowan,
Viola declaring her love today to an embarrassing degree.

But, from this I know she has dirty teeth...bad breath.

To vet, dammit.

They WON'T just eat raw bones, dammit.
farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 07:32 pm
@dlowan,
my suggestion is to turn some prey animals loose in your living area, something like maybe a small hoofed animal. Let youre cats bring it down and polish it off, thatd get em interested in gnawing bone.

Course youd have to adjust your sleeping patterns and never trust em otside with kids, over here, women of a certain age are often eaten by their cats and by the time the cops break in, they are mostly ingested and the remaining carcass is hidden by covering up with potting soil.

But I dont want to worry anyone needlessly, your cats probably are less often cats of prey than they are lazy dependents.

Do you have Bombay cats in your world? They are slightly venomous. Not enough to kill a healthy adult but they could make you sick with the same crap that Komodo Dragons carry around. We call it "Brain sucking amoeboesis". Can be nasty