The kittens are coming!

margo

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 06:56 pm
Cats everywhere here in Morocco. Varying degrees of friendliness, mostly shying away.
A couple of days ago, having lunch in Chefchouan, a young ginger cat jumped up on the seat beside me, proceeded to knead my leg then settled down for a cuddle.
Possum-cat, meanwhile, is barely tolerating the house- and cat-sitter, despite her best efforts, apparently.
Thomas

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 11:02 pm
@dlowan,
Then you had it coming and probably wanted it, you cat-slut!
dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 12:24 am
@Thomas,
Bad Hun!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 12:25 am
@margo,
You are still OS? What a trip!!!!
margo

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 10:48 am
@dlowan,
This is just an extra 3-week trip, Madrid, Morocco and Portugal. One week to go.

Morocco is just fantastic!
dlowan

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:59 pm
@margo,
Viola has taken on a new and exacting project.

She generally wants to be able to do stuff that Sebastian does.....one of his things is jumping onto the bathroom windowsill (which she can do, and they now fight over) and jumping from there onto the top of the shower cubicle, walking on it around to where he can then step on to the top of the bathroom shelving, where I keep the towels, and hanging out up there.

Viola has spent many an hour with her paws on the top of the shower alcove, trying to get up the courage to leap up and get to where he goes. However, since the falling From the Curtain Rod Disaster which followed upon her attempt to emulate his habit of walking along them, she has clearly realized that she is not really built for this stuff.

She has clearly, therefore, decided that a better way to try to get to his bathroom towel perch is to climb up the shelving.

Now, this shelving is fragile and unsteady. Moreover, it is filled up with white painted wicker boxes that I keep bathroom type items and other detritus in.

I was alerted to her endeavours by beginning to find these boxes regularly scattered on the bathroom floor. Then I began hearing them crash but couldn't tell who the culprit was because Sebastian was getting there first when the crash happened.

This morning, I found Viola had achieved the second level of shelving and was laboriously attempting to climb from a box on that level into one on the third level. I told her off and put her on the ground, because I am tired of cleaning up her messes.

However, I wonder if, really, mess is important when I clearly have a little cat so bravely determined to push her Rubenesque little body so far beyond the limits of its specification documents!?

How wonderful if one day I find her triumphantly on the towel level penthouse, with the floor a chaos of boxes and their random contents?

Is this Viola's personal Everest?
Roberta

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:47 am
@dlowan,
To hell with the boxes and the mess. I admire the little girl for her determination. Everest it is.

I'm rooting for her.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 01:06 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Is this Viola's personal Everest?

Commission either Werner Herzog or Errol Morris to create a documentary film about the cat's struggles for glory. Definitely an Oscar contender.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 01:57 am
@Roberta,
No evidence of a climb when I got home.
Thomas

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:48 pm
@dlowan,
The cat whisperer in "My Cat from Hell" says that some cats need to be literally on top of things, looking down on their human underlings. He recommends mounting little cat stairs into the walls. Could something like this work as a safe stairway for Viola?

http://www.theverticalcat.com/assets/images/NancysShelves.jpg
(Source: theverticalcat.com)

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 06:08 pm
@Thomas,
She can get up on stuff.....has a special tall tower. I ain't having no ugly stairs up my walls.

She just watches what Sebastian can do and gets frustrated at the ones she can't emulate. One of these Japanese stepped storage units would be cute though.
dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 07:34 am
@dlowan,
It finally happened. They got my glasses. They have wanted them for ages and I have had to hide them when not wearing them. The other night I went to sleep on the sofa.......usually I hide them if I do that, but I was exhausted and forgot.

Gone. Still haven't been able to find them.

Getting new pair....meanwhile wearing my super groovy new ones, which I'm not sure about.

Little bastards!
Roberta

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 02:56 pm
@dlowan,
I'm usually not sympathetic to you for the mischief they do. This time I am.

Hey, woollies. Give Deb her glasses.

Little monsters.
dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 07:16 pm
@Roberta,
I found my glasses last night!

Cats were falsely accused....I had put them in a pillow case instead of under the pillow!

Doh

Mind you, the reason I have to hide them under the pillow is because otherwise the cats WOULD steal them. They have actually tried to take them away when I am wearing them

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 07:23 pm
Quote:
dlowan asked 3 years ago: Will the little black boy kitten be as naughty as he looks?

Probably, so keep him away from George Zimmerman
dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 07:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Oh he is. I don't live in the same country as George Zimmerman. Or even hemisphere.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 07:43 pm
@dlowan,
How to be wrong quite well..
laughing.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 07:47 pm
Hey dlowan keep an eye on him or the dingos will have him.
And take his pic and post it here so we can see him..Smile
dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:12 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
There are pics in the thread.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 10:13 pm
@dlowan,
Hey, send a cat to my artisanal pizza thread..