The kittens are coming!

Roberta

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 03:36 am
@dlowan,
I'm thinking about apologizing for working my way into your unconscious. Or, as a former therapist of mine might say, and who does Roberta represent to you?

Did the pills go down smoothly? Hope so.
dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 05:55 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

who does Roberta represent to you?

Did the pills go down smoothly? Hope so.

A witty, wise and wonderful New Yorker?

They DID go down well, thank you.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 08:42 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Viola looks well....yay!

Sebastian much more his normal self....yay!

I bet they're much less stressed out, now that their human isn't sobby and hysterical anymore. As your various cats no doubt have discretely pointed out to you, humans are a weak, mentally inferior, and complicated life form. The responsibilities of a cat in caring for one can weigh heavily on it. ("It" being the cat, not the weak, inferior, complicated life form).
ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 09:10 am
Good morning again!

on the upside in Canada - I remembered to stay home on my vacation day this time!
dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 04:06 pm
@Thomas,
Did you mean "discreetly"?
dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 04:06 pm
@ehBeth,
Yay!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 04:21 pm
Good morning, Deb.
Things are definitely sounding on the up & in Adelaide. Very pleased to hear it! Smile
Bet it felt terrific to wake this morning knowing you didn't have to prepare for yet another open!
Here's hoping that both V & S are in fine form this morning.
And I hope you can finally rest a bit?
dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 04:32 pm
@msolga,
Actually, I have people coming round for dinner, so need to clean up and cook.

Viola pissed on my bed last night!
Can't wait to get rid of this mattress and start fresh. Laundered everything at 2.00 am!

Woollies are out playing. Tomorrow I can rest.

Enormity of decision beginning to hit me!
Wot you up to?
Thomas

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 04:50 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Did you mean "discreetly"?

U-oh. There goes my attempt at brilliance.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 05:01 pm
@dlowan,
But friends won't be too put out if your home is not in "open" condition, yes?
Don't overdo the cleaning .... enjoy the cooking. And your friends. Relax! Smile

Aw poor Viola.
And yeah, that mattress has to go!
But 2 am laundering. You poor thing.

Quote:
Enormity of decision beginning to hit me!

Well you've had the first opportunity in quite a while to be able to think about it without too many distractions.
But you're still feeling it's the right decision to move, yes?

Me? Was going to cut down a large-ish overhanging gum tree branch from next door this morning (with the help of a friend), which has blocking out too much sun, but .... the back yard is a sodden bog (!) after days of continual rain ... I suspect we should put that off for a wee bit.
Have to rethink my plans for today to indoor ones, not sure what yet.
But things are pretty good here, thanks for asking.
Roberta

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 05:14 pm
@dlowan,
That is all the proof I need. You're a meshugina extraordinaire. Like you don't have enough other stuff on your mind and your plate (so to speak). You're having guests for dinner.

Bunny, I salute you.
dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 05:23 pm
@Roberta,
Lol! I invited the guests when all was relatively normal.....I only had a house to sell and the flu.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 05:27 pm
@msolga,
I think I am still good with the decision....when I thought the current place would fall through I began looking for alternatives in the same area.

It's hard to tell.....I am in kind of a lock down emotionally because it's been a difficult time and there is so much to do! Have booked movers....they will come and take everything the day before settlement and keep it overnight so that I can get this place cleaned on the morning of settlement.

I had sworn I would never move again when I moved in here......

Probably need to board the woollies so they aren't in the midst of al the turmoil.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 06:51 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Have booked movers....they will come and take everything the day before settlement and keep it overnight so that I can get this place cleaned on the morning of settlement.

wait! movers?

are things decided?
msolga

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 06:58 pm
@dlowan,
I know about that pledge to never move again, Deb.
Ha. Think I've made it about 3 times now! Wink

Yes, I can understand that you'd feel emotionally drained after the past weeks .. it's been very full-on!

So what do you anticipate happens re buying?
Wait for the cooling off period to be over & then make an offer?
You know, if you have the energy & can stand the idea, it might be a good idea to continue monitoring houses for sale in the same area.
You never know, something you like just as much (& is less expensive) might just come up.

But the thought of moving again is horrible though, I know.
I had to board & then move my (then) three cats in the process of moving here.
I don't think I would have managed the last stages of packing & moving at all if two extremely generous friends hadn't chipped in & worked like the clappers at the 11th hour!
Phew, we just made it!
dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 07:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, subject to my buyer cooling off....he has until Monday....or a catastrophe....yes.

I need to get everything organized pretty fast.
dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 07:30 pm
@msolga,
I am already contracted to buy the house I have been talking about. My offer was accepted in June, subject to sale ofmy place....which appears to be sold...and finance...the beach place is being looked at by my financ company ASAP and hopefully finance will then be approved.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 07:42 pm
@dlowan,
(how to keep him hot how to keep him hot how to keep him hot)
dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 07:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Lol. It's pretty unusual to cool off! But never count your chickens, I say.

msolga

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 07:58 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
I am already contracted to buy the house I have been talking about. My offer was accepted in June, subject to sale ofmy place....which appears to be sold...and finance...the beach place is being looked at by my financ company ASAP and hopefully finance will then be approved.

Thank you for that, Deb.
I am now completely up to date! Wink
I somehow lost track of the fact that you were actually contracted to buy the house (subject to the sale of your place) , so much has happened since then ....
0 Replies