Osama Bin Laden is dead

JTT

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 08:06 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Thus justifying your anti-military attitude and the damage by your type done to men who carried out their duties to the best of their ability.

I'm not anti-military. I'm anti-stupidity, which is the same thing as being anti-Ionus. I'm anti-Ionus making pretense that he is some brave honorable ex-soldier when all he illustrates is that he is a misogynistic racist.

Unlike you, I am anti-war criminal. I'm anti-people posing as military when they are in fact vicious criminals of the worst kind.

I'm anti-politicans using ignorant young men and women to commit war crimes. Any sensible person would be. You've shown that you are not.

You've shown that you are none of things, except for stupid. That you illustrate, in spades, with each of your posts.

JTT

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 08:20 pm
@ossobuco,
That is surprising, Osso, that the Repubs, of all people, don't want to engage in the very sickening behavior that they are famous for. In this case the Senate has taken up the call for jingoistic bleating.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 08:29 pm
@JTT,
I'm no jingo, honey. What this is about is mysterious to me.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 09:41 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I'll add that my father was probably at least partially at fault re not having pristine records - that's a guess.

This is a recurring guess with you and it seems to bother you a great deal - so: from what little could be gleaned from the public record I want to tell you once again: your father was a hero. That anyone would be brave enough to fly close to the Crossroads tests, knowing full well what to expect, boggles the mind >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16heorrfsgY&NR=1
> You have the right to get his records under FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) at this point - why not do it and set your mind at rest once and for all Smile
High Seas

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 09:49 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

... I was fooled by someone I thought I could trust with legitimate info.

Who?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:42 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

pissants

Good word choice.
Ionus

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:41 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
I'm anti-stupidity.....I am anti-war criminal.
No you are not...you are just pro-yourself and you are using war crime to feel important . Dont pretend to be anything more than what you are.....another delusional drug taking anti-soldier hippy . All you have demonstrated is mental illness of a degree that makes me wonder if you really are walking the streets or if you are in a mental institution .

When will you put your actions where your big mouth is...have me arrested for a war criminal...prove I cut off the breasts of breast feeding mothers whilst their babies watched...you cant can you, you pathetically stupid and arrogant bitch .

Why do you deny your sexuality ? You are a woman.....afraid of bringing disrepute to all women with your pathetic attempts to be righteous ? Tell us about your family ....tell us about little Rubbish bin Laden, and Garbage bin Laden, and Industrial bin Laden....tell us about how they want 72 virgins, especially your little girls .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:44 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
the very sickening behavior that they are famous for
Like you and your masturbating over war crimes whilst you read them....dont they just make you feel powerful ? All those rapes, breast cuttings off ofs, the horror...and who wins ? Why you do, in your attack on the people who guarantee you have the right to remain the sick **** you are without having Al Quada put a bullet in your head .
roger

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 12:12 am
@roger,
Here's another nice choice of words:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110505/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

Quote:
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama ordered grisly photographs of Osama bin Laden in death sealed from public view on Wednesday, declaring, "We don't need to spike the football" in triumph after this week's daring middle-of-the-night raid.

Sometimes he gets it right.
tenderfoot

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 12:20 am
@Ionus,
Ironarse ... If nothing else. JTT can bring the best out of you... Such gentle soft and kindly thoughts and words, brought out with the smell of a pan full of boiling ****
Ionus

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 12:26 am
@tenderfoot,
Dear Tenderarse

I understand you have a thing for her, but she is not well . Encouraging delusions is very bad psychology....never live in their world, force them back to reality .

She clearly enjoys war crimes . Some people love to hate industry whilst they buy plastic goods and eat takeaways made out of endangered species.....JoinTalibanTerorism loves to hate the military because she has no power over herself and is jealous of those who exercise control and restraint .

May I take this opportunity to complement you on your choice of words ? There is nothing more flattering than imitation .
0 Replies

anderson9731

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 05:01 am
@msolga,
In an address to the nation, President Obama said that Osama Bin Laden was killed in a "targeted operation" in Abbottabad, a highland town north of Islamabad in pakistan.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 05:09 am
This just in: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:01 am
@djjd62,
Smile
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:02 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
This just in: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead
Damn . That bastard owes me money.....is he getting better though ?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:39 am
@realjohnboy,
I appreciate some of the rationale for both sides of the argument, but lean towards releasing the photos.

I'm not really concerned about whether or not the photos will offend Muslim sensibilities and drive a couple of supposedly teetering nut-jobs into the arms of Al Qaeda, but I am quite concerned about the almost certain distasteful trivialization of the photos that will follow their release. I can just see the photos used on t-shirts and "demotivation" posters.

Other than satisfying a macabre fascination, what value is there in revealing the photos to Americans? I know the government can't release them and still exclude them from publication in the US, but I really don't get the argument that anyone in America, including the 9-11 Families, have the right to see these pictures.

I suppose showing them to the survivors of Osama's victims might provide a measure for closure for some of them, and I wouldn't have a problem with the government giving them a look, but not in responding to an alleged right.

As I see it, the value in releasing the photos is not to obtain worldwide consensus that he is, in fact, dead, but to demythologize him. There are millions of people who, whether or not they have qualms about his actions, see him as a heroic figure. He took on the Soviet Union and beat it, he survived the assassination attempts of Middle Eastern nations (including Israel), and he bloodied the Great Satan and then slipped through it grasp in Tora Bora. One can easily imagine how they might think him to be blessed by God.

I think it would be of value to make it known that instead of retreating to a Spartan lifestyle in a cave so that he could continue holy jihad, the bastard was living in a mansion in urban Pakistan, with his wife(s) and kids, walking on Persian rugs while swilling Coke and watching the little ones play American made video games.

It's unfortunate that the photos are so gory, because it seems to me that photos of the dead bodies of "heroes" don't at all lend to their stature but, instead detract from it. I doubt any of Che's fans, then or now, keep a photo of his corpse over the fireplace.

I would rather concentrate on those who might turn from his myth because of the photos than those who it might incite.

msolga

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:56 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I think it would be of value to make it known that instead of retreating to a Spartan lifestyle in a cave so that he could continue holy jihad, the bastard was living in a mansion in urban Pakistan, with his wife(s) and kids, walking on Persian rugs while swilling Coke and watching the little ones play American made video games.

Actually that doesn't appear to be correct.

Quote:
Bin Laden had been 'living high on the hog'

Defence officials briefed reporters on Monday that Bin Laden's compound was worth $1m and was in stark contrast to the "much more dire conditions" endured by his "terrorist colleagues" and speculated on what they might be thinking "when they see that their leader was living, relatively speaking, high on the hog".

How the story changed

Local estimates suggest the house is worth $250,000. Footage from inside the compound shows little sign of luxury. Cooking equipment was shown on the floor, the decor seemed shabby, medicines were left on a shelf with no cabinet and the pantry seemed rudimentary. The paint was peeling outside the building and there was no sign of airconditioning.

The killing of Osama bin Laden: how the White House changed its story:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/04/osama-bin-laden-killing-us-story-change
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 08:00 am
@High Seas,
I did that, they arrived all marked out with black ink.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 08:00 am
@High Seas,
I did that long ago, they arrived all marked out with black ink.
Eorl

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 08:01 am
@msolga,
I bet he regrets getting a PS3 account though.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)