Osama Bin Laden is dead

Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:01 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
there is no reason at all for Pakistan, or really, any country to trust the US.
NEWSFLASH ! No country trusts another country....you are showing your complete lack of understanding AGAIN !
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I have to say I found the news very unsatisfying.
Thats exactly the effect they were hoping for by releasing news of his death . They want to be able to continue the fight against terrorism and if they had of announced it years ago when he was really killed, how would they have maintained the emotional pressure to withstand years of war ?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:09 pm
@High Seas,
Hopefully the unnamed load was a couple of very large swine carcasses.

This business of giving him some form of Islamic burial rites is just silly.

I can guarantee you that when his corpse went over the side there was no shortage of sailors wishing him a fiery torment in hell.
Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:23 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
bin Laden was dead before the attack
Bingo . He was killed in Afghanistan and that is why they didnt follow up on requests to block off the border at the time . The request consisted of special forces manning mountain tops and directing attacks on anyone trying to escape into Pakistan....by allowing this escape route, they could keep him alive and the war going till it was won . They are very mindful of the failure of will in Vietnam .

Why time it now ? He has to die sometime and to have him fade was not a good idea.....however with elections coming up in the Arab countries, the timing will not get better .

So what was the truth behind this raid ? No idea...maybe the Taliban installed a look alike....though 6'4" Arabs are hard to come by especially in that part of the world . It was certainly a real raid and it killed people . But speculation is rather pointless .

Did anyone notice the calls to bring the troops home now ? How loud would that call have been if he died years ago ?

Whatever the truth is, he is DEFINITELY dead...deceased....passed on....gone to his maker.....pushing up daisies.....past tense.....the recently departed.....maggot bag.....food for the fishy's....burning in hell .
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
dadpad wrote:
Some thought into why this man and his cronies attacked the US
in the first place might also be justified.

Religion.??
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You guarantee that?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:46 pm
@Ionus,
Yes, I see...Bush and Obama both tacitly, or otherwise, agreed to hide the known fact that Osama was killed many years ago, because they both realized a personal benefit from continuing a phony war on terrorism.

That must mean that the Bush administration faked all of those Osama videos we saw after Tora Bora. Diabolically brilliant!

Why limit your paranoia to hiding Osama's actual death? Why not blow the whole rotten mess wide open and reveal that Osama never masterminded 9/11? It was the CIA and the Jews!

While you're at it, why not enlighten us on how the US never landed anyone on the moon and the Illuminati control the Pope?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:49 pm
@tenderfoot,
I will not use the word justified, but they were people with gripes that had substance for them.

To me, war words have natural precedence and then less warlike words are taken as a kind of pap.

Diplomacy seems an answer but that also seems a convoy of fools.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
because they both realized a personal benefit
??? What personal benefit ? Did either of them say they had to stop the war or did they support it ?

Quote:
Why not blow the whole rotten mess wide open and reveal that Osama never masterminded 9/11? It was the CIA and the Jews! While you're at it, why not enlighten us on how the US never landed anyone on the moon and the Illuminati control the Pope?
You've got some real whacko ideas there pal ! Are you feeling alright or do you believe every conspiracy story you hear ? Or conversely, are there no conspiracies because they would have told you and you feel hurt they left you out ?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Talked to those guys, did you?
JTT

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:17 pm
@wandeljw,
The US doesn't take kindly to their hired guns turning on them, but they adore and nurture the slimiest of people who are willing to rape, torture and murder at their behest.

Good point, eh, JW?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:31 pm
Feel free to skip this. I am using up some thoughts.
I am a political junkie, chasing elections all over the place, from a district race in Arizona to a national race in wherever. I just got back from Canada. "Locals" tolerate me. I follow Msolga's thread about Australia.
Anyway, I wrote there - and perhaps here - about the American response to the news about the death of Osama. Particularly, I wrote about the response of a crowd in a baseball stadium in Philly when the news was announced. Older people and younger; people of various races and political pursuasions. I said it was good. It marked the end of a chapter, but certainly not the end of the book.

Msolga, the Aussie, pinned my ears back, noting that the chants of "USA#1" showed an incredible lack of sensitivity to the losses other countries, like those that Australia, Spain and Great Britain suffered. To say nothing of Iraq etc.
Failure Arts et al lamented the "frat boy-like" partying at Ground Zero and in front of the White House.
And I think the mainstream media picked up on that.
I take a certain comfort by something a lady from FL wrote today. She gets paid to write. She noted that the "frat boys" were 11 years old when 911 happened. For the 1st time in their lives, they saw fear in the faces of their parents. And, she said, stealing from Johnboy, this was the end of a chapter in their lives.
hingehead

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 07:00 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
He was recently see in LAs Vegas riding with ELvis

Carpooling to their jobs at Burger King?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 07:43 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Msolga, the Aussie, pinned my ears back, noting that the chants of "USA#1" showed an incredible lack of sensitivity to the losses other countries, like those that Australia, Spain and Great Britain suffered. To say nothing of Iraq etc.

It was a group of Americans who went in at great risk and kill the SOB and therefore it was our achievement to be both proud of and to cerebrate.

I see nothing insulting to any other country for doing so and if it had been British special forces instead I would had seen nothing wrong with a similar cerebration by British crowds.

So come on people this complaining is bullshit.
Eorl

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 08:03 pm
@BillRM,
"Bin Laden's killing a 'perversion of justice'

High-profile Australian QC and human rights lawyer Geoffrey Robertson says the killing of Osama bin Laden is a perversion of justice that has effectively given the terrorist mastermind what he craved."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/04/3207266.htm

Why can't those damned Australians just shut up and join the death party already?

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 08:06 pm
@BillRM,
My point was not about which country was responsible for Bin Laden's death, or should receive "credit" for it, Bill.
BillRM

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 08:11 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
My point was not about which country was responsible for Bin Laden's death, Bill.

You point is that it is wrong for some strange reason to cerebrate the achievements of this nation special forces in ending the career of a mass murder?
msolga

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 08:31 pm
@BillRM,
I've already written about this once on another thread, Bill.
I really don't want to go over the same ground again.
It is up to you to decide whether Bin Laden's killing is a cause for celebration for you or not.

failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 08:41 pm
@msolga,
Would I fairly summarize your feelings to say that your objection is simply that chanting "USA" misses the global significance of the event/Osama?

I think that was the majority of my objection.

A
R
T