The Communist Origin of the Modern Conservative Movement VI

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:13 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Are you saying that Trump got distracted?

Yes.

Being unjustly put on trial over frivolous charges is pretty distracting.
hightor

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:33 am
@oralloy,
Trump wrote:
I don’t think I would have done any better had I not been impeached, ok? I think that’s a tribute to something. Maybe it’s a tribute to me. But I don’t think I would have acted any differently, or I don’t think I would have acted any faster.

breitbart
Olivier5

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:40 am
@oralloy,
This guy Trump is easily distracted, you say?
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:42 am
@Olivier5,
No. I didn't say that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 03:43 am
@hightor,
Trump wrote:
I don’t think I would have done any better had I not been impeached, ok? I think that’s a tribute to something. Maybe it’s a tribute to me. But I don’t think I would have acted any differently, or I don’t think I would have acted any faster.

That doesn't excuse the Democrats for distracting the government with a sham impeachment during the first month of the pandemic.
hightor

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 04:18 am
@oralloy,
It certainly doesn't excuse the Republicans from not making a case of it at the time then. Never once did I hear Trump or his party excoriating the opposition party, "We have a pandemic to prepare for, this impeachment is a distraction!" It was never mentioned. Your president was still in denial. And oralloy is still a liar.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 01:28 pm
@hightor,
@hightor,
The only liar here is you. Shame on you for being such a dishonorable person.
hightor

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 02:02 pm
@oralloy,
Since you never provided any evidence that Trump and his party failed to mobilize our defenses against the pandemic because they were distracted by impeachment and I provided, from a conservative source no less, Trump denying this in his own words, and since you can't explain why they never made a point of mentioning this during the impeachment process, that leaves you with your pants on fire. Fail again, liar.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 02:21 pm
@hightor,
@hightor,
Your attempt at logic is pretty pathetic. If I do not bother to do either of those things, does not mean that what I say is untrue, and it certainly isn't evidence of deliberate deception.

It is pretty evident that being put on trial is an overwhelming distraction. For you to pretend that it isn't is just silly.

So no. The only liar here is you. You can't deal with people posting facts, so you run around lying about them. Shame on you for being so dishonorable.
Zardoz

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:29 pm
@oralloy,
Why would Trump need an excuse? Because America is a huge mess. We have nearly three times the amount of coronavirus cases than any other country in the world.

Trump’s Impeachment was handled by a small army of lawyers hired by Trump. Trump was consulted infrequently by those lawyers they handled the impeachment. The impeachment did not tie up any of Health and Human Services resources. The federal government has 2 million employees and only Trump’s personal lawyers worked on the impeachment.

Trump is just trying to blame anybody but himself. Wouldn’t it be nice if Harry Truman was president? Truman said, the buck stops here, and he meant it. Trump says, the buck will never stop here.
Zardoz

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:32 pm
@oralloy,
Trump never attended any hearing or any part of the impeachment proceedings. He was impeached and was 100% guilty the Republicans knew he was guilty and there votes didn't match there words.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:41 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Trump never attended any hearing or any part of the impeachment proceedings.

Trump attending those hearings would have given them credibility. They were not credible. Trump was not going to give them that credibility.
Zardoz

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:49 pm
@Olivier5,
Trump has the attention of gnat. When they realized Trump was never going to read any of the National Security reports. They reduced them to 10 page reports to a single page and Trump still would not read them. They then tried giving a reduced verbal report and they could not hold Trump's attention even that long. You can bet that Trump never read Peter Navarro report that the coronavirus was going to cost the United States trillions of dollars and millions of Americans would be at risk of death or illness. Trump did not bother to read it, he is a senile old man with the attention span of a gnat.
Zardoz

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:59 pm
@oralloy,
It is much like Trump was in a Friday the Thirteenth movie and see Jason coming with his machete coming from a quarter mile. Trump waits until he is upon him and says don't worry he is not dangerous before he slaughters 14,762 Americans. That quarter mile head start on the coronavirus was extremely important and you never underestimate Jason
coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:01 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Trump has the attention of gnat.

Right, that is why the wall is going up and a shitload of conservative judges are being sworn in. Not to mention trade deals that benefit working Americans, for a change, are getting done.
Zardoz

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:08 pm
@coldjoint,
The point is that impeachment in no way kept Trump from preparing the country for the coronavirus pandemic. Impeachment is not an excuse.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:11 pm
@Zardoz,
Disrupting the White House for the entire first month of the pandemic very much impeded the President from addressing the pandemic.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:13 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
He was impeached and was 100% guilty the Republicans knew he was guilty and there votes didn't match there words.

Being "guilty" of something that is not a crime is no big deal.

It's like saying that you and I are "guilty" of consuming oxygen when we breathe.

Sure, we all consume oxygen when we breathe. But it's not a crime to do so.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:13 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
preparing the country for the coronavirus pandemic.

Obama was not worried about it. None of the supplies he used were restocked. The impeachment was a joke.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:14 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
Why would Trump need an excuse? Because America is a huge mess. We have nearly three times the amount of coronavirus cases than any other country in the world.

It's not his fault that the Democrats disrupted the White House with an impeachment sham throughout the first month of the pandemic.

Zardoz wrote:
Trump’s Impeachment was handled by a small army of lawyers hired by Trump. Trump was consulted infrequently by those lawyers they handled the impeachment. The impeachment did not tie up any of Health and Human Services resources. The federal government has 2 million employees and only Trump’s personal lawyers worked on the impeachment.

Being put on trial is a huge distraction for someone. The trial is going to be their only focus.

Zardoz wrote:
Trump is just trying to blame anybody but himself. Wouldn’t it be nice if Harry Truman was president? Truman said, the buck stops here, and he meant it. Trump says, the buck will never stop here.

The impeachment is the Democrats' doing. Truman never said that a president should be blamed for the misdeeds of the opposing party.
0 Replies