No Looting in Japan

Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 09:24 am
@gungasnake,
Why can't you understand that some people's motivation for voting a topic down be for the reason that they just don't want to see that post. Why can't you get that?
plainoldme

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:31 am
@gungasnake,
Your perspective on predestination isn't correct. You have to view it from the point of view of the highly structured society of Early Modern Europe.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:35 am
@Robert Gentel,
Doesn't bother me but it should bother you, at least in my estimation. Simple fix and I've mentioned this before, eliminate the negative voting.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:37 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Why can't you understand that some people's motivation for voting a topic down be for the reason that they just don't want to see that post. Why can't you get that?

I go by posts which don't interest me by scrolling, it's always worked so far.
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:52 am
@gungasnake,
But your behavior as far as scrolling past is one choice. Others use other means at their disposal.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 12:57 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
(a side of the spectrum I favor myself, but that I recognize comes at the cost of some of the law and order that they enjoy).

Which is to say you think crime has its utilities.
JTT

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 03:36 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Conversely in USA, many times when there's a CEO in the same sort of trouble (within time as the scandal cools off), they shift over into politics or over to another company.

Yeah, those conservative American sure could teach those Japanese a thing or two about personal responsibility, couldn't they, Ragman?
spendius

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 04:15 pm
@JTT,
Which ten Americans would you like to see commit hari-kari JTT to show the world that Americans take responsibility seriously?
djjd62

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 04:19 pm
@spendius,
i'd like to see it run like Shirley Jackson's The Lottery, put all the political leaders and heads of business names in a hat and pick 10
spendius

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 04:22 pm
@djjd62,
Are you saying there would be no exceptions? Are are you saying you're not up for listing ten like I'm hoping JTT is.
djjd62

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 04:29 pm
@spendius,
no exceptions, anybody who'd become a politician or a ceo (cfo, cpa, **** (wait that might be an apt description, but it's probably not a real business designation) is probably guilty of something

i'd make it an annual event, after the suicides the heads of the politicians could be displayed on poles outside the capital buildings and the business men on wall street
JTT

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 04:40 pm
@spendius,
I didn't say anything about the need to commit seppuku, Spendi.

I was just making note of the absolutely stunning levels of hypocrisy that exist in America. Hypocrisy is as American as apple pie.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 04:52 pm
@spendius,
No, I think a greater degree of self-expression has utility and that a greater degree of crime is an inevitable consequence, a necessary evil, not a utility.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 05:24 pm
@Robert
Voting posts down is useful as a place marker. Besides, a vote down is a polite way of commenting on posts that are beneath contempt.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 05:25 pm
@djjd62,
Fair enough. I stand corrected.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 05:25 pm
@JTT,
Aaawww!!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 05:26 pm
@Robert Gentel,
It's spendi your addressing Bob not your niece.
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 06:17 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I'm surprised TE's dross got to you gunga.

Are you talking about me??
TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 06:19 am
@gungasnake,
Still, you are ******* pathetic. Human life is loss, and people care about nothing at all.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 06:20 am
@TuringEquivalent,
No, you're not important enough to talk about.
0 Replies