Raexx
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 03:33 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 05:36 pm
Rae, sorry you're having this dumb little problem right now. Really, that's all it is. What I have done in the past that helped with this annoyance is take courses in Yoga, Tai Chi, any kind of exercise.

Actually all those should require some deep breathing, getting that oxygen into your blood and into the brain and everywhere else, I guess. Massage is good. I don't ever take medication but take vitamins (antioxidants, plus whatever else).

I horseback ride and we pretty much do these sort of things for nervous highstrung horses (massaging, patting, keeping their attention, letting them know we care by training them even to dance), those who seem to FEAR for some reason back into the past, just like us. Have done this for couple kids' horses that were expected to just perform with no preparation, or care. Also use "centering" techniques where we learn to breath. Amazing how it works so well for them, we should do these things for ourselves.

Last of all, I think meditation works wonders. I use a small book, A Twelve-Power Meditation Exercise" by Charles Roth, but don't know where you'd find it. Meditation, of course, IS deep breathing.

You always seemed to care about what I've said. I care about you, too. Now, just go and get the damn job. If'n you don't get that one there is another.

Pat E.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 06:10 pm
Hiya Pat!

Thanks for the advice. In fact, at my last counseling session, it was suggested that I start meditating. I have a spot ~ out by the pool, under and umbrella with my Walkman, listening to Puccini. I've fallen asleep a few times though!

Even if I do get this job next week, I've copied my resume fifteen times and plan on sending them to all the vet's offices within my area ~ I love all animals and for some reason have a talent for calming them down and getting them to come to me without provocation.

I shoulda been a vet.

Yes, I do appreciate everything you have to say and appreciate you caring about me. It is reciprocated.

One more night of movie maddness ~ 'S.W.A.T.' (the kids choice) and 'The Good Girl'.....with way more munchies laying around than we need.

Bye for now!

Love,

Rae
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 06:15 pm
Oooh, a vet! That does seem to suit you really nicely.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:42 pm
I truly believe vet school is out of my reach right now, Sozobe. But, if I can get someone to believe in me enough to hire me without experience or education, I know I'd do well.

I love being around people, but animals just do me in. I've handled horses, llamas, crocs, dogs, cats, snakes (all kinds) spiders, birds, reptiles, ferrets, rabbits, fish of all kinds.....and they've all seemed to like me.

We'll see how it goes!

Thanks as always for the good thoughts ~ please give sozlet an anonymous huh from Auntie Rae Rae!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 11:09 pm
Yeah, give the job to that one over there. Hell, she ain't droolin'.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:26 pm
<note to self.....carry a tissue for the drooling.>
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:35 pm
Rae, vet assistant course is only 5 weeks and vets do hire assistants while they're still taking the course.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:39 pm
Fabulous idea, Pat, but I've already committed myself to a medical claims/billing course. When I finish it, there won't be anything wrong with looking into a vet assistant course. I promise I'll look into it.

By the way, I don't drool ~ Roger was just busting my chops, as usual.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Love,

Rae
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 01:02 pm
Hi there, Rae! Good to hear from you, err, read from you?

I'm sorry to hear about the problems reaching this HR person. I hope my Gambro colleagues don't work like that. But whatever, you will go there, make a great impression as always and get the job if it's right for you. How could anyone resist you?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed - Nisse and Mysan are crossing paws - and Stefan is thinking of you. He has to work - no time for finger crossing there...

Take care, dear. I'd love to be one of your face-to-face people.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 01:38 pm
Hi Urs!

Thanks for the good thoughts ~ very much appreciated. I have a strange feeling that I will get this job ~ don't know why.

Wanted to email you today to apologize for not seeing your response on the 'what are you reading thread' ~ sometimes I get updates, sometimes I don't.

I'm only a few pages into the author's preface ~ since it's been two years since the last book it's helping me get back into the story. Did Stefan actually finish it finally? It was taking him forever!

Keep good thoughts that these people call me tomorrow ~ I might even call them!

Love and hugs and kisses,

Rae
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 01:09 pm
Good thoughts coming your way continually! You bet!

It's Monday evening here - so how's it going?

No, Stefan is reading a John Sandford book at the moment - he has not yet finished Stephen King...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 05:59 pm
Hi again Urs!

Typical Monday evening here, too.

I had a counseling session this afternoon and my counselor was very pleased with my demeanor and attitude ~ she said that I finally don't look beaten-down anymore.

I didn't hear from the company today, but will call them in the morning. There were a few local jobs in Sunday's paper that look promising and I will check those out, too.....providing I don't have a panic attack. Even if the jobs are already filled or I don't get one, I know that I need to get out there and do it.

Good news is that I qualified for the Paxil 'low-income' program. Normally they're $82.50 for a thirty day supply and I pay a very, very low fraction of that. Whew!!!!!

Tell Stefan that I like John Sanford, too ~ I have quite a few of his books in paperback. But!.....He needs to finish Wolves of Calla darnit! Double darnit!

All for now, my dear friend. Will write again soon ~ I'm sure tomorrow will be stressful even though I'm already trying to get the thought out of my head!

Love you tons,

Rae xx
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 06:08 pm
I'm looking forward to more news tomorrow. BTW, it already is tomorrow here :-)

Tomorrow (Jan 6) is a holiday in our area of Germany so one more day at home with the kitties! And lots of books.

I'll be thinking of you!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 06:10 pm
Thanks, sweetie! Me too! Enjoy cuddling with the babies!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 01:57 pm
Okay, Tuesday was a crappy day. Depressed, didn't want to do anything except sleep. Mom faxed my resume to a doctors office close to hers and I haven't heard back yet.

Today I woke up depressed and after taking with Mom and my sister, I do feel better.

I called the company with the so far non-existent HR person and it now turns out that they are not interviewing until next week. Since I hit it off so well with the receptionist, she promised to let the HR person know that I had called to check my status ~ hopefully, that alone will put me closer to the top of the list.

Add in the paper yesterday for a cashier/clerk at a marina in Port Canaveral. I called to see if they were still accepting applications (they are) and will try to get the nerve up to go this afternoon. Aside from the job itself, being able to fish every day after work would be fantastic!

Off to finish this cup of tea and hit the showers then head down to the port. God help me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 02:30 pm
Rae- You CAN do it. Believe in yourself, and good stuff HAS to happen.

(((((HUGS)))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 02:44 pm
You really can do it Rae. Whoever gets the pleasure of hiring you with be one lucky employers. Don't give up girl {{{BIG HUG}}}
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 02:46 pm
Thanks Phoenix and Montana. Turning off the computer now and heading out. I probably should brush my teeth first though.

Will report back later.

(((((HUGS)))))

Love,

Rae
0 Replies