What dose of propranolol do I need to take?

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 06:06 am
Im a 20 year old female and really skinny with a weight of 42kg. I've been having this anxiety issue and it get worse in front of people when a have to do an experiment or do a presentation. I get this shaky hands and voice and body and sweat too. I heard of propranolol and want to take since I've heard good testimonies about it. But I'm too scared about taking it cos I don't know which dose is right for me. Please help. I have a regular heartbeat.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,081 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 06:50 am
Since propanolol is a prescription-only drug you will need to see a doctor, who, if they decide to prescribe it, will tell you what dose to take.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 06:51 am
@slinky55,
That is a prescription drug. It's not something to take for a simple case of the nerves. What does your physician advise you about this?

Here's WebMD article on this drug: http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-10404-9168/propranolol-oral/propranolol-oral/details
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 08:00 am
Speaking in front of a group is the second most fear that people have - after dying.

So don't feel like you are alone getting nervous about speaking in front of others.

It gets better with practice. Practice in front of a mirror or in front of a trusted friend.

You don't need a drug in order to relax.
0 Replies