Anxiety/Panic Disorders

Rae

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:00 pm
Hi everyone! I was so happy to see that nell had posted ~ that just made my day!

Thank you for the compliment, Diane ~ I think you think WAY too highly of me! Embarrassed

Letty was right ~ I have been working an awful lot lately and the last thing I want to do is get on the computer when I come home. On the nights that I don't work at the video store, I'm usually sound asleep by 8 p.m. ~ ask Mom! She thinks I'm off my rocker!

At my last appointment, my doctor dropped my Paxil back down to 25 mg. instead of 37.5, I still take Klonopin twice a day and I hardly ever have to take a sleeping pill anymore.

My last panic attack was about a week and a half ago.....crossing that nasty bridge that got me so shook up last Christmas. The construction crew was trying to move one of the cement beams into place ~ that in itself wasn't so bad, but there were five guys sitting on this thing which made it look bigger than it is. I flipped out a bit and had to drop my speed down to about 15 mph in order to get over the bridge.

Everything else is cool. My son is great, the cats are great, the weather is absolutely gorgeous and I'm pretty damn happy to be alive.

Hope you all are doing well and smiling!

Love always,

Rae Very Happy Razz :wink:
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:22 pm
No honey, I don't think too highly of you, that would be impossible. You have accomplished an amazing amount in a few months.

Bob and I are planning a trip to Florida sometime in February or March next year. We'll let you know for sure when we have had a chance to finalize plans--probably after the first of the year. We'll drive our RV, so will have a place to stay. We could even pick up Letty and drive her down with us so we all can get together. Then we would like to get down to Key West to see Panzade. Right now everything is hypothetical, but the trip is definite--we just don't know any of the specifics yet.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:27 pm
You'd better not be teasing me, young lady! February/March is not that far off.....ohmygosh! Will Fred be joining you? I'd love to meet him!

Of course, I can't wait to see you and Bob, too! This will call for a gathering!

Doin the happy dance now!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:36 pm
Oh yes, Fred will be with us--we might even have a little dog by then. Why are you up so late? Even I'm on my way to bed and it is two hours earlier her than where you live.

Goodnight, sweetie. We will start a Florida gathering thread, probably after the holidays.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:40 pm
I'm only awake for a little while longer. I closed the store tonight and it takes me a while to wind down.

Sweet dreams, Diane! Love you to bits!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 12:04 am
Smiling.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 12:46 am
Hi Rae, I'm reading this thread for the first time. I have panic attacks also, but they have gone from a 10 down to a 1.
I'm glad to hear your doing well.

I need to read the rest of this thread.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 01:19 am
Hi to both of you, Rae and Paula..
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 01:27 am
bookmark...

Like paulaj, my panic attacks have gotten weaker in recent years, but I'm still interested in reading this thread.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 07:37 am
I get very panicy in high places, last summer I took a cross country trip, I went to Niagra Falls, the Royal Gorge which is a 1,053 drop, I didn't go near the edge, I took a train ride through the bottom of the gorge, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde and took a drive around Big Sir in california.

And last but not least the million dollar highway in Colarado. In some spots on this road there is a 700 ft. drop 2 inches past the guard rail, which was on my side, Shocked I had the worst panic attack of my life on that road and we couldn't turn around, 5 mph hair pin turns. There were big RV'S coming at us on the other side of the road, ROAD HOGS! I was clinging to the dash board, I think I left marks.

When a person has a panic attack massive adrenaline get's released and you feel like your going to die (that made it difficult to enjoy the view Laughing ). When the panic subsides a person usually feels spent. After we got off of that road I stood outside my vehicle for some air and my leg's felt like jello.
That trip was a delicous torment but I did it.

pheeeeew.
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 04:06 pm
You all need a hug.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 06:48 pm
Hi, Chis and welcome to a2k. Thanks for you thought--it's a great way to make friends here.

Paulaj, YAY!! You did it. That took lots of courage and you even managed to appreciate the beauty even through the fear. That is pretty amazing.

Mine have decreased tremendously over the past year. Maybe Dys had something to do with it?? YES.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:10 pm
Diane wrote:

Paulaj, YAY!! You did it. That took lots of courage and you even managed to appreciate the beauty even through the fear. That is pretty amazing.

Mine have decreased tremendously over the past year. Maybe Dys had something to do with it?? YES.

Thank you diane.
This is a beautiful country. It was a timely blessing that I was invited to go and had the time off from work.

The company we keep can certainly help us or destroy us, nods to Dys for treating you wonderfully (I love to hear that stuff) and good for you as well!
Chris, thanks for the hug Smile
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 07:55 pm
Hi everyone!

Rather than start a new thread, and since this one is relevant, I thought I'd update ya'll here.

My next appointment with my psychiatrist is Sept. 22 and my plan is to discuss getting off my medications. I had a 'spell' back in April where I had forgotten to take my Paxil for 36 hours ~ I took the two I had missed as soon as I'd realized it and by the next afternoon I was a wreck. My doctor told me that it was simply withdrawal from the Paxil which did not calm me at all. So, I want to get off of it, under supervision, and see how I do. I'm only 39 and don't want to take meds for the rest of my life. So, we'll see how it goes.

In other news.....I am still working at the video store ~ in fact my year anniversary passed in April and I'm the only one left of the original crew. I've been there so long that I actually wrote down a list of all my customers that I know by name ~ the list topped over one hundred. And I'm proud to say that most of them come in when they know that I'm working ~ the company may not pass out the kudos enough, but I appreciate it more from our customers anyway.

My job at the real estate company is coming up on one year (three more weeks) and I love it there. The part of the company I work in is property management and I got promoted from reservations and maintenance to bookkeeping. Our head bookkeeper turned in her notice ~ her last day is August 3rd and then I will move into her position. On top of that, our company has merged with another real estate company and the assistant to the head-honcho has already agreed to pass along some of her accounting duties to me because she hates accounting. Big bucks better be in my future!

My wonderful son has been here since yesterday and our first business of the day was to take him to the local grocery store to apply for a job. Which he got ~ I can't tell you how proud I am! So, he'll be staying with me until school starts and then he'll go down to working just weekends. Most importantly, his reasoning was that if he worked at my local store, we'd be able to see each other more often. (He lives with his dad an hour away.)

He is still in the gifted program at school and still a star player on the golf team ~ he even had an entire page dedicated to his accomplishments in his year book. I am very blessed. Very Happy

I've been in my own apartment (with Lacey) since February and I love living by myself. The only problem is that one month after I moved in, the owners informed all the tenants that our units were going to be sold off as condominiums. Fortunately, they have to honor my lease ~ or I can leave with no penalty. My boss, as well as some of our owners (at the day job) have been looking diligently for someplace for me to move. Thankfully, I have until January 31st and I'm sure something will come up, I'm just not looking forward to moving again. Ughh! Crying or Very sad

Okay, the child wants to watch a movie 'Rules of Engagement' ~ which I'll probably fall asleep half-way through it..... Rolling Eyes

I love you all to pieces ~ thanks for letting me rant. Please let me know how ya'll are doing.

Love always,

Rae xx
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 07:59 pm
RAE!!!!!!!!

So great to see you, and thanks for the update! Sounds really promising all around.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 08:00 pm
Hiya Rae! Great to see you!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 08:44 pm
Hey Rae!!!! Great to hear from you!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:55 pm
Rae, It was really nice to hear from you, and especialy the report on your son. Our children's accomplishments are a special gift that we must treasure, because not all parents are fortunate. I hope you have been taking good care of your health - and was glad to hear you dropped one of your jobs. Keep up your spirits, and report in once in awhile to let us know how you are doing. c.i.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:21 pm
HUGS to RAE!!!

We've missed you, gal! Glad to hear things are going well for you. You're a real sweetheart.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:36 am
lovely to hear from you and you must be very very proud of your son.
0 Replies