Anxiety/Panic Disorders

Swimpy

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:53 am
{{Rae}} So good to see you. I've been worried about you, but it sounds like I shouldn't have been. It's good to know you and the boy are doing well. Keep up the good work.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:46 am
Great news, Rae! Hugs to you, Lacey and the big boy! Miss you!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:02 pm
{{{{{{{{{{ RAE }}}}}}}}}}

Oh sweetie, it is soooo good to hear from you. Like most everyone else, I have been worried about you, although with two jobs and a new apartment, it's understandable that you have had to concentrate on business and home.

Glad to hear that you love living alone. That is a big step in feeling comfortable with total independence.

Please keep in touch a little more often, just to let us know how things are going. Love ya.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:10 pm
Thanks for all the encouragement ya'll ~ I love and miss you guys, too and will do my best to keep in touch more often.

It was a long evening at the video store and I have to go to my other job in the morning, so I'm off to sleep.

Until we meet again.....

Love,

Rae :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:54 am
Great to see your face and 'hear' your voice again, Rae.

You sound good.

Lotsa hugs heading your way.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 11:43 am
Rae
Rae, so glad you have returned to us. We missed you.

When I lived in California, I had a real estate broker friend who suffered panic attacks when she was out in the open. I went shopping with her and as long as she could hold my hand while walking on the sidewalk, she was OK. If I let go, she would start to panic. She was in therapy by the time I move to New Mexico, but she was getting better.

I thought I had never had panic attacks in my entire life until I realized I did under certain circumstances. I wrote a story about it.

THE STALKING ROOM
By BumbleBeeBoogie
(A true story I was unable to write until age 65)

A bedroom in a small house, built before the Great Depression, holds memories still stalking its victim into her old age.

Spasms of nausea interrupt browsing through antique shops, stocked with the pewter hand-mirrors, polished mahogany dressers, yellowed linen runners edged with frayed tatting.

An innocent glance with a inward eye at a faded wedding-ring patterned quilt hanging on the wall causes sweat to run down her ashen cheeks.

Her heart pounds in her chest as memories flood through her veins. She cannot escape the diary of her mind, preserving forever the unspeakable acts of two seventeen year-old men who lifted the smiling, trusting four-year old from her crib in her parent's bedroom on to the wedding-ring quilt covering the bed.

The men disappeared, but the memories of that room do not fade. They stalk her still in unexpected places, at unexpected times, in still unexpected ways.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 06:49 pm
Thanks so much for the hugs ehBeth ~ they arrived safe and sound. Get ready because mine are on the way to you!

BBB ~ thank you for sharing your story. It's a lot easier to cope knowing that other people have gone through or are going through the same things.

Hello to Diane, Vivien, Swimpy, sozobe, Urs, Eva, cicerone imposter, husker ~ thanks for the kind words. I think about ya'll every day.

Where's my prince? Does Guatam not love me anymore? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 09:21 pm
P. S. If ya'll haven't seen this yet, please have a look.....

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/default.cfm?cam=LP2

I'm in love with Panda Mei and her new cub ~ who is now five days old ~ which is rare, from what I've read.

Anyway, thought you'd like to see them, too.
0 Replies

fahad

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 04:08 pm
@littlek,
great!
mismi

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 08:13 am
@fahad,
Tried to find this yesterday. It wouldn't come up for some reason...
0 Replies