Health anxiety

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 12:45 am
how do I get over health anxiety ? literally every small pain or "symptom" of any kind sends me into a panic... I received a somewhat light blow on my lower abdomen and I convinced myself I had internal bleeding even tho I had literally no symptoms other than a bit soreness on my belly muscles... It's horrible having anxiety like this, over everything all the time. The smallest thing sends me into researching everything and falling deep into a rabbit hole of deadly illnesses and syndromes. I've always been healthy, I'm only 18 and don't have any underlying conditions... Why is this happening and how do I stop it... I want to stop being worried all the time
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 794 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 07:10 am
@andriana99,
You need to seek out a professional therapist.
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2022 08:31 am
@andriana99,
It sounds like some sort of anxiety - a licensed therapist can determine and help you work out what is causing this and how you can handle it when you get these episodes.

The hard thing is right now getting a therapist - they are overwhelmed due to covid increasing the amounts of people having feelings of depression and anxiety and not to mention many therapists not wanting to meet in person.

I would suggest going the route of tele-health as many are now doing this in place of in person, it tends to be lower cost, easier to get appointments and more flexibility on their availability.
0 Replies