ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 07:03 pm
BusyBusyBusy
HappyHappyHappy

gogoRaeGirl!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 07:22 pm
It took a few days for the great news to reach California, but it's the best news I've hard all year! Congrats, Rae. Happy sailing.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 06:27 pm
Thanks, c.i.! (By the way, I'm ready for the answers..... Confused )

Is it Friday yet? I am sooooooooo tired!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 07:05 pm
Rae, That's the natural progression of a new job. We put extra effort into learning and doing everything by the book, and not make any mistooks. You'll begin to relax more as the days go by......I promise. Will send on the answers tonite, but before I do, how many did you answer? Wink
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 06:12 am
c.i. ~ About fifteen from the first two. Nothing from the third ~ haven't even had a chance to look at it yet!
0 Replies

nells1961

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 02:23 pm
well done Rae, I can imagine how tired you must feel, but I bet its a good tirdness you feel. As the days go by, it will get easier. Your doing well keep it up.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 06:15 pm
nells1961 ~ it WAS a nice tiredness, you're right.

Bad news.

I was dismissed from the job on Friday just before lunchtime. The reason given is that they don't think I can keep up with the demands of the job. I was in too much shock to speak my peace ~ which would have been the following: 1. I'd only been there seven days. 2. My trainer and I were completely caught up with our work by Thursday (we got behind on Monday because a lot of folks worked on Saturday). 3. There were no mistakes brought to my attention that I'd made. 4. My trainer was very vocal about how well she thought I was doing considering the infinite amount of information I'd had to learn and remember in the short time I was there.

I have already contacted human resources this morning because I'm not buying their reason. If HR tells me the same thing, then I'll let it go.

Saw my psychiatrist today and he took me off the Xanax that wasn't working for my panic attacks. (I had no idea that stuff had a high street value ~ didn't do a thing for me.) I'm back on Clonopin and happy about it.

Keeping my chin up and have already applied for two jobs today. Everything will be okay. The sun is shining and it's cool here.

I'll be okay.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 06:20 pm
You'll be okay.
I'm absolutely in agreement with you. <nodding> You've proven what a strong woman you can be.
Now - whose butt do we need to kick?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 06:22 pm
Aw, Rae!!!!!! Confused
Hang in there! Do you belong to a union that can help?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 06:24 pm
http://www.parenthoodplace.com/ubb/graemlins/hugs.gif

0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 11:25 am
Thanks Beth and Olga.

Florida is a right to work state ~ employers and employees can terminate at any time. The only union I know of is the steel union and I believe that's nationwide.

I had an impromptu interview at our local movie rental store yesterday which is within walking distance from my house. I've also applied at the Luna Sea hotel (which is where urs and bigdice are staying in April) ~ they are looking for front desk personnel.

Beth, I couldn't see the images you posted. ?????

I'll let ya'll know how my progression goes. At least I'm not as petrified to look for work as I was a few months ago.....some drugs can be good!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 11:31 am
Oh Rae, I'm sorry to hear that. I wish it had worked out for you. At least you didn't have a lot of time invested there. Right?

You're right. You will be fine.

Damn. Now I have to go back to crossing my fingers & toes again......Wink
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 11:57 am
My fingers and toes are crossed as well. You deserve better than those people, anyway!

((((((((((RAE))))))))))
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 12:22 pm
You still haven't answered whose butt we need to kick... Evil or Very Mad

Argh, that sucks.

You'll be OK.

Everything crossed for ya.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 03:03 pm
I'm crossing my eyes too.
0 Replies

nells1961

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 03:14 pm
sorry to hear about your job Rae, their loss.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 05:11 pm
Oh dear, you couldn't see the row of hugs? Well, just know there are more hugs winging your way, RaeGirl.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 05:43 pm
Their loss, Rae. AAARRGH!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 05:50 pm
Aw, Rae. I'm so sorry. I hope you can get them to reconsider. On the other hand, screw 'em!
0 Replies