How do I stop dreading going to work?

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2022 07:56 pm
I have work tomorrow but I’m afraid of people right now. To sound immature and stupid for a second, I got high with my nephew two days ago for his birthday to “celebrate”and it was a success and we munched out a lot on food while we were hungry for it. We often tend to get high and just eat a lot of food in my room and he feels fine after we hangout but I always seem to feel anxious,worried,scared,and I dread doing the most basic things like taking a shower. I can usually recover from the weed hangover in two days (at the moment of writing this it’s been two days). Today however my anxiety towards a day that hasn’t even happened yet (tomorrow) is worrying me. Do any of you have a good coping mechanism or something that you use to stop dreading days that haven’t happened yet? Sorry if my grammar is bad to understand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,092 • Replies: 4
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2022 09:04 pm
@neffari0us,
Maybe you should stop getting high, doesn't sound like it's good for you.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2022 07:08 am
@glitterbag,
It's called the fear.

Most people get over it, it's usually only for a brief period of time, but for others it can be a big deal, and the OP may well be one of those.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2022 07:25 am
@neffari0us,
I believe in your other post you said you're 22 and work in a coffee shop.

So I'd say, you're bored out of your skull. There's no challenge there, not much chance of advancement or ways to express your talents (whatever they are.)

You need to find a vocation. That means you may need additional training or education to further a career. There are self assessment tools on the internet that can identify what types of industries that would be a fit for you. Take some time and find out.

And stop smoking pot. It's a crutch weighing you and your options down. Good careers drug test...
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2022 04:11 pm
You hate your job. Stop hating your job.
0 Replies