Anxiety/Panic Disorders

TwistedFerret

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 06:23 pm
Oh, Rae? About your location? I want o be someplace HOT. Really hot. Someplave that never gets even cool. I am so cold I am literally freezing my tail, so how about we switch places? Smile
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 07:51 am
Thanks everyone.

Eight months ago I would have broke down crying, but I didn't with these people.

Screw'em. That's what I keep telling myself. I know I can do anything I put my mind to ~ it's just too bad that they couldn't see it either.

The HR person I'm supposed to talk to was in meetings all day yesterday, but should be back in the office this afternoon. This lady also happens to be our landlady.....I know she'll be honest with me, but hopefully she can shed some light on the ridiculous excuse they gave to release me.

Twisted Ferret ~ when my son turns eighteen I'll be happy to switch places with you! Three years to go!

Beth ~ I can see the images now ~ thanks, love.

I'm going to make a second cup of tea (it's freezing here), take a shower, put my sweats on and then brave the beach for some shore fishing.

As usual, thanks to everyone for your kindness and willingness to continue keeping me in your good thoughts.

Love,

Rae
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 08:29 am
Rae, it will be interesting to hear what the HR person says. And I hope she really will be honest.

Fingers and paws crossed in Germany for Rae!
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 07:20 pm
Oh, Ray, what a bummer. I've been "released" from two jobs in my life way back when. Both times I went right out and started taking classes so's I could get a better job than that one. I don't know the kinds of work you've done before but some of us don't fit into ordinary "jobs." Maybe you could study psychology, at least you could relate with what people travel thorough who suffer depression, etc.

In my 30's I worked for a really great doctor who eventually crowned me "medical assistant" (before the 2-year curriculum for that position) because I was going crazy doing paper work (forms, forms). Bookkeeping drives me totally mad. I like to work with people.

Looks like you're doing fine, though, just continuing the search. It's there, somewhere, what is yours to do.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 09:04 pm
Thanks, Tex-Star. As I go through my therapy and group therapy I've come to realise that I'm really not alone.

Being released from this last job has really pissed me off, but I won't burn that bridge because I'm still eligible for hire.

I applied for seven jobs last week, two today ~ and had to do those two in person which I handled well, but was still very nervous. Hopefully, interviews will result. But if they don't, that just means there's something else out there for me.

I have to give recognition to my doctor for prescribing Paxil. I now take 25 milligrams a day and it has done wonders for me. Things that most people take for granted I don't even give a second thought to anymore ~ going to the store, striking up conversation with strangers, dropping in somewhere to fill out an application. I'm still a nervous wreck, but somehow I'm able to hold it inside. When I'm done doing something nerve-wracking, I just take deep, deep breaths and then I'm fine.

My next step is 40 milligrams and I'm not sure how long my doctor plans on keeping me on it.

nells1961 ~ how are you doing, Love? Have you started taking your meds again? Please let me know.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 09:46 pm
Rae

Good to hear that you haven't let that last disappointing episode hold you back. Keep at it, something will eventuate, it's got to!
It's also good to hear that you're coping more comfortably with "life". I'm really happy for you!
Hope you're still indulging yourself in a few little luxury things that give you good feelings ... Don't let everything be deadly serious.
And lots of hugs & kisses to your household's adorable cats. Very Happy

Love & best wishes to you,
Olga
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 06:03 am
RaeGirl, I'm so glad to hear that the Paxil is helping to take 'the edge' off of daily life for you.
You're doing so well.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 08:49 am
Just be careful with Paxil that you don't stop it abruptly. Do that only under a doctor's supervision. Stopping Paxil abruptly can really mess you up!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:21 am
Thank you, Camille. That was the first thing my doctor told me.

Thanks Beth and Olga, too! Olga ~ don't forget that we have two new additions to the household.....a male and a female beta fish!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:25 am
Ooooh, fishies! Have been seriously considering getting some for sozlet for a while. Lemme know how the bettas do, how easy/hard they are to take care of, etc.

Looks like you're doing stupendously well, Rae! Hugs!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:26 am
Good to hear that Paxil is working for you Rae. Best wishes. If the Beta fish breed a Kappa and a Phi fish, you'll have a fraternity of fishes!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:38 am
Bwahahahahaha! You're killin me, cav!

Soz ~ I think a male beta would be great for the sozlet. They are such beautiful fish. I'll pm you with more info.

Big hugs back to everyone!

Love,

Rae
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:02 am
Fish, Rae? Will they still be there when we get there? Or should I rather ask the cats? Hmmm, yup, probably.

Take care, dear!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:12 am
Hopefully they'll still be here, Urs! I just finished seperating them and Mercedes seems extremely happy.

Only 21 days left! Yippee!!!!!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:18 am
Mercedes? Ah! What's the other one's name?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:21 am
Our Canadian friend bought a male for Mercedes and we named him Benz.

Benz has since had a burial at sea. Crying or Very sad

The new dudes name is Fred. Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:33 am
Poor Benz! Better luck for Fred!

Gotta go to the gym now so that I'll be in good shape in 21 days... oh dear, what am I saying?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:09 am
Fred!!! Are we now going to be regaled with tales of Fred's love life?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:14 am
Well Roger, since they have now both been seperated we're looking at conjugal visits occasionally. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

nells1961

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 05:53 pm
Hi Rae glad to see your coping well. I knew you would, as you have a stronge character. As for me yes back on the meds again had to I was feeling very down, still do but i'm coping. Trying to write a few more short stories, in the hope of getting a book of short stories published. It is a bit difficult, now with having the stroke,but I can't be that bad, i am waiting on a short story getting published, so maybe all is not lost. being attending hospital appointments which has been getting me down a bit. only one more hospital appointment to go for and hopfully thats me.

My doctor seems to think i have done really well and has told me it is normal to be feeling down. You see Rae I dwell to much on what i could do and what i can't do now, but i'll overcome that. It is good to hear you doing so well keep it up.
0 Replies