What a horrible woman.

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 08:59 pm
This as of yet anonymous woman was trolling for men on the internet. She flirts with a man who happens to be a sitting US Congressman. She decides that she doesn't want him.

So what does she do? She gives his Congressman's name, his messages, and a photo he sent her to the press.

What a jerk this woman is?

Now, I know there will be some who will argue that this woman was justified because this man was lying, as if she should be surprised that people she is hooking up with on Craigslist might tell a lie. Is this a reason to destroy a career and bring public humiliation?

What is really unfair is that this woman remains anonymous. After she violated this man's privacy for no reason other than spite, she is getting away scot free. Are we to believe that nothing she said was a lie? Well because people apparently respect her privacy, we will never know.

I can't imagine doing this to anyone.

story: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/us/politics/10lee.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 4,226 • Replies: 52

Ceili

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:15 pm
I agree. She should be outted too.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:24 pm
She cannot blame him for her wrongdoing. It seems not many want to take responsibility for their own actions anymore.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:25 pm
Edgarblythe's thread -
http://able2know.org/topic/167694-1

I'll link this one there too..
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:32 pm
Just one of the pitfalls of a government official doing stupid and inappropriate things.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 09:47 pm
@Intrepid,
I disagree with you on that in part. (see other thread)

The woman is a jerk, but that would be part of the risk and part of the fun.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 10:06 pm
@ossobuco,
They are both jerks. It seems that his big mistake was getting caught. Some seem to condone men cheating on their wives (whether it is through cyber or real) and don't understand why someone in a high position should pay for their transgressions.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 10:09 pm
@Intrepid,
See other thread, I'm railing against your point of view. But, in short, I don't expect the pure to be in high office. I expect those who understand the matters of governance with accrued wisdom to debate each other.
eoe

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 10:40 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

See other thread, I'm railing against your point of view. But, in short, I don't expect the pure to be in high office. I expect those who understand the matters of governance with accrued wisdom to debate each other.

I expect my elected officials to be smart enough NOT to get caught in something as STUPID as this. Only a lamebrain would risk his career, his marriage, his world, trolling online for women. He's an idiot. Too much of an idiot to hold office.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 11:11 pm
@eoe,
Caught is the key, isn't it? Other countries ignore all this stuff. We blooming make it reason to impeach. (oh, yeh, the lying)

This is irrelevant to good governing policies. This guy is an idiot otherwise, and I'd like to seem him lose for that.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:35 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Sorry, but trust should be high on the list. Some of us have higher expectations of leaders than others do.

Is there a list of what should be overlooked?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:58 am
The most cogent objection to this clown is his stupidity. People have a right to expect that their elected representatives not fall below of certain level of stupidity. This joker did.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 05:24 am
anonymous woman was trolling for men on the internet

As opposed to what? Wasn't he trolling also?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 06:56 am
@edgarblythe,
There are two separate issues here. This thread is about the woman. This woman is a real jerk. There was no reason for her to send private email to a gossip website.

Whether the man involved is too stupid to be an elected official is completely irrelevant and is a topic for another thread.

Would you ruin someone's career by sending private emails to the press?

djjd62

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 07:06 am
@maxdancona,
if they were her emails (emails sent to her) she has the right to do with them what she wants

here's a little lesson, never commit to print (of any kind) something you wouldn't want folks to read, she could just as easily have lost her laptop, tablet or phone

one untrustworthy person got burned by another, my heart bleeds Rolling Eyes
Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 07:09 am
@maxdancona,
Oooo . . . a thread nazi. Do you really think you can tell people what they can and cannot discuss?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 07:31 am
Interview with said horrible woman: http://theloop21.com/politics/the-craigslist-congressman-chris-lee-gawker
maxdancona

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 07:39 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
here's a little lesson, never commit to print (of any kind) something you wouldn't want folks to read, she could just as easily have lost her laptop, tablet or phone

This is a bit unrealistic. Are you really saying that you have never written anything that you wouldn't want made public? Are you sure there is no email that you have ever written that you would not want made public?

The real story here is about random hookups on Craigslist-- a place where you probably would like more privacy even though you probably should expect less.

Of course, legally this woman can send these messages to the press. It was still an asinine thing to do.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 07:43 am
@engineer,
From engineer's link

Quote:
She's a professional, single and successful, 34-year-old African American woman, dating and socializing in "the diamond district." Her weekends are spent sharing cocktails in posh spots and chatting about the latest news and gossip with friends. Having lived in the area for eight years now, she's a regular scenester in D.C. nightspots and didn't feel like getting her name dragged into the fray. After all, the leggy-glamazon works in government. No need to potentially freak out her employers.

What a scumbag!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 07:46 am
@maxdancona,
i'm not saying i haven't done it, though mostly i don't care what folks think of what i say or do, but it's a good lesson

think how boring the wikileaks would be if the diplomats had kept there opinions to themselves or at least no committed them to print