@McTag,
http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/cf69a4e00599012ea5c800163e41dd5b
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 04:48 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/cf69a4e00599012ea5c800163e41dd5b
Yeah, that 's the idea.
It 'd be very suicidal when the victims are well armed in self-defense.

Mr. McTag, can u tell me how
u were able to post a cartoon ?
Abate my ignorance ?

David
revelette

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 07:37 am
@spendius,
Quote:
But if you doubt it was the only means of communication you imply that the judge must have had some other reason than the one given for approaching his member of Congress in this common manner.

I don't know really. The more you bring it up, the more odd it seems that an important person like a judge would have had to wait in line to talk to her about anything.
revelette

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 07:41 am
@McTag,
Very apropos given the recent conversations in this and many other threads.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 09:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Yeah, that 's the idea.

Someone intent on killing people would surely think twice if he thought it was suicidal... Rolling Eyes
hingehead

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 09:35 am
@parados,
Quote:
Someone intent on killing people would surely think twice if he thought it was suicidal...

Yeah, that would sure give suicide bombers pause for thought.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 12:53 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Yeah, that 's the idea.
parados wrote:
Someone intent on killing people would surely think twice if he thought it was suicidal... Rolling Eyes
Well, Jared got away alive. He 's still alive.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 02:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,

Quote:
Mr. McTag, can u tell me how
u were able to post a cartoon ?
Abate my ignorance ?

(hoping I'm not going to regret this, but I fear I am)

Open a new Internet window, to make it easer and quicker.
Go to the cartoon of your choice, and RIGHT-CLICK for Properties.
Then block and COPY those.
Then, go back to A2K and select [IMG] to post your "image".
PASTE the Properties in there.
REPLY.

That's it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 02:20 pm
@McTag,
Thanx a lot.

David
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 02:21 pm
@revelette,
I didn't bring it up. It was on the News. It was "odd" from the start.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 02:46 pm
@spendius,
The judge lived a short way away from that Safeway and just walked on over. Well, I think I read that he walked, but I won't try to chase that on google.
The congresswoman was already talking with some people.
Nothing odd about him waiting.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 02:51 pm
@ossobuco,
He was "passing by" on his way home from daily Mass. I doubt that he intended, as has been suggested, to plead, hat in hand, with Rep Giffords for more judges.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 02:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
Right, that was it. Thanks.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 03:07 pm
@realjohnboy,
But one might think a judge would allow "Congress on the corner" to the use of common souls for whom one presumes it was intended. It would be a short enough opportunity for them as it is.

I was going on what revelette reported.

Did the judge go to mass everyday? Or was it just that day's daily mass he attended?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 03:21 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Spengler poured scorn on Hitler and his movement. I want to have that said on the record. Read his words.

Your idealism does you proud Fido. It's just a pity human nature is so resistant.
I know what you say of Spengler is true, but when you say Western culture is in decline and some ass like hitler offers rejuvination what are people going to do???

How do you say a culture is in decline anyway??? What does one judge a culture against??? The whole history of human kind has been the story of changing forms, and the process is non stop... A culture as a form is simply the knowledge carried from generation to generation... Now; what we call civilization the Germans call culture; but is there a difference??? Because civilizations are the result of conquests, with a dominant and subservient population... The glories of Rome and Greece for example were built on the blood, lives and unpaid labor of thousands of slaves... It is because of the corruption found in such unequal and diseased forms of relationship that they die... For a time a new shute can grow out of the rot of the old, but such societies die, weakened by their own injustice until they are swept away by history... In Western civilization, the most persistent form, that of Western Law has been the most pernicious destroyer of rights no matter what attempt are made at revolution...

While the nazis were ruthless and lawless in pursuit of power it is that same law they attacked which they first turned to their service when in power... Is this unusual or all too commonplace??? From my perspective, if law did not serve the cause of injustice it would have no value to the rich...And it is because people in a country have no right to justice that they attack others in other lands, serving up the injustice they are raised under to all peoples...Law is the greatest threat to world peace ever known, only because it makes injustice general to such an extent that people find no relief but in dying and in dealing death... All civilizations are built on slavery, injustice, war, and law... There is not one of them not doomed from birth to die a miserable death and to take many lives in the process...
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 04:14 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
but when you say Western culture is in decline and some ass like hitler offers rejuvination what are people going to do???

I didn't say that Fido. Nor did I say that our culture is in decline. I have an open mind on that.

Quote:
What does one judge a culture against???

Itself. Its art, its standards, its material success. Its manners.

I'm certainly more optimistic than you are.

Spengler's book is a difficult one to tackle. It can't be read from first to last in the usual way and be much use. It needs study.
Fido

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 07:09 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
but when you say Western culture is in decline and some ass like hitler offers rejuvination what are people going to do???

I didn't say that Fido. Nor did I say that our culture is in decline. I have an open mind on that.

Quote:
What does one judge a culture against???

Itself. Its art, its standards, its material success. Its manners.

I'm certainly more optimistic than you are.

Spengler's book is a difficult one to tackle. It can't be read from first to last in the usual way and be much use. It needs study.
A culture is a pardigm, a form, and people cannot judge either from within them, and they are not generally at liberty to step out of them and judge them objectively... I try to consider culture from a certain Nietzschean perspective that very often abused this society or that in scatalogical terms, but which recognized that even in rot there is often regrowth... Our great advances in technology that grow in fact out of the peace of law is a double edged blade offering us greater life on the one side, or miserable death on the other... The potential for a miraculous new beginning is always there for us, if we have the courage to seize it...
0 Replies