House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

firefly

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 09:57 pm
@okie,
Quote:
No. I am only pointing out more obvious flaws in the Democrats first hours accusations. Not only was the guy a mental case, which was apparently the primary cause of the crime, but if there was any political motivation involved at all in this crime, it would have been in the opposite way than some pundits and Democrats seemed to suggest right away. The reason I post this is because those that wanted to go down that road are not telling us where that road led, and so I think it is appropriate that we know where that road led. It did not lead to any evidence that a rightee shot a liberal Democrat. It led to just the opposite, a leftie shot a conservative Democrat that opposed her own party's leadership on many issues.

Okie, I think you are jumping to premature conclusions about Loughner's political leanings and possible political motivations.

We actually know very little about Jared Loughner and the reasons why he wanted to assassinate Rep. Giffords. That his target was a congresswoman, makes the act "political", but that does not mean he was motivated by any political views, either his own, or those held by Rep. Giffords. Perhaps she was merely a symbol of "the government" to him, and the one most easily accessible. Perhaps his feelings about her were personal, based on something she said to him when he had met her on an earlier occasion, or something else about her.

We have no real evidence that Loughner was a "leftie". We have no evidence he even bothered to follow politics closely. He was registered as an Independent, and I don't believe he voted in the last election. We do know he had some gripes against the government, mainly based on his objection to the monetary system, and his opposition to the Iraqi war. He made comments like this one:
Quote:
"I can't trust the current government because of fabrications. The government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar."

And he referred to the United States as "a terrorist country". But his comments do not appear to be focused on anyone in particular in the government, or directed toward any political party.

Immediately after the shooting, there was speculation that he might have been influenced by the violent rhetoric and specific gun imagery coming from the Tea Party and people like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann. We don't know that was the case. We also don't know that wasn't the case. Perhaps such talk did make him think about taking action against a member of the government with a gun--regardless of his own specific reasons for doing so. We just don't know yet.

We do know he appears to be mentally disturbed. He was suspended from his community college, in September 2010, for disruptive and disturbing behaviors, and was told he could return only if he received a mental health evaluation that stated he was not a danger to others. He was also terminated from about 5 jobs and quit another because he "couldn't take it any more". He was turned down by the military because he failed a drug test. So, he had marked difficulties functioning, and was given to making comments that struck others as odd, bizarre, nonsensical, or inappropriate. He posted rambling statements on YouTube, and made odd comments on a gaming site chat board where he also complained about not being able to get a job or a date and he said that his interchanges on that gaming site comprised his social life.

And we know that at the end of November 2010 he bought a gun. On the morning of the shooting, he went to a Walmart and bought more ammunition for the gun. He also picked up photos he had developed which showed him wearing only a red g-string and holding the gun to his crotch and his buttocks.

And we know that Jared Loughner wanted to shoot more people than just Rep. Giffords. He had his pockets filled with ammunition clips for his gun. He was armed for a massacre, and one he probably did not expect to survive. He posted a "goodbye friends" message on his MySpace page hours before the shooting.

And, with all the talk about possible left wing or right wing political motivations, I think most people are missing possibly the most obvious motive for the shooting.

I think the real reason that Jared Loughner shot Rep. Giffords was a desire for notoriety and "fame" of a sort--he literally wanted to make an impact and be a "somebody". He wanted, for once, to have a feeling of power and control. He wanted to be noticed and remembered. And he was willing to die for that.

This was a 22 year old man, with apparent psychiatric problems, and possible drug problems, who, from all descriptions and current evidence, was an aliented misfit who sustained nothing but constant rejection trying to get a life going for himself--he got booted out of his community college, was fired from about 5 jobs, was turned down by the military, was frustrated about submitting 65 job applications with no responses, was upset that his previous minor arrest might be held against him, and apparently couldn't find a woman willing to date him. The man felt like a complete loser with no vision of a future for himself. And it is certainly not a stretch to surmise that, given the circumstances of his life, Jared Loughner was probably very depressed and possibly suicidal.

So, I think this disturbed, frustrated, depressed young man, with no immediate future ahead of him, and harboring various paranoid and angry feelings about the government, decided to end his life in a blaze of glory, by shooting an accessible member of congress and as many other people as he could take down with him. He even had prepared his own publicity photos--those pictures of himself in a red g-string holding his gun. He wanted to be known, to be remembered. He wanted to leave his mark on the Congress of the United States and on Tuscon. He wanted people to know that Jared Loughner could accomplish something. And just thinking about this plan may have lifted his depression and energized him. His plan helped to focus him on something definite and important and channeled his feelings of anger and frustration.

And, if my hypothesis about him is correct, he has accomplished part of what he set out to do. I, and other people all over the world, now know the name Jared Loughner. He is no longer an insignificant unknown loser. He will be remembered as a mass murderer and as the person who tried to assassinate a member of Congress. He even got the President to come to Tucson. The media has been hanging on every scrap of information about him, and his picture has been in every newspaper. He's definitely a somebody now.

And that's why I think Jared Loughner had that crazy grin on his face in his mug shot.

Anyway, that's my theory for now, given what little we know about him. It makes as much sense to me as anything else I've heard.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 10:35 pm
@parados,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Victims need to be better armed than their predators (man or beast).
parados wrote:
But since all victims are also predators that would be impossible, would it not David?
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I challenge your premise.
parados wrote:
Are you saying everyone doesn't have a desire to kill someone at one point or another?
Yes. I am saying that.
I was going to say that I have never wished to kill anyone,
but then I remembered that, in my childhood,
I wished that I were able to travel back in time
and to kill Karl Marx and Gavrilo Princip
before either of them caused any trouble.

parados wrote:
Or are you saying everyone isn't a potential victim?
No.

David
DrewDad

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 10:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
Depends on whether there's an observer.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 10:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
whew.

for a second I thought you were gonna kill Groucho Marx and George Jetson...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 10:52 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
A firearm is simply a tool, nothing more.
It cannot by itself, do anything.
spendius wrote:
If everybody in my pub was carrying a gun it certainly would mean something.

What were guns like when the right to carry them was carved in stone
and what was the social system like at the time?
A lot like now; until around 1920, your country was free
and English gentlemen habitually brought
their revolvers along with them,
along with their pocketwatches,
as set forth in the works of Arthur Conan Doyle.

Englishmen (including my grandfather)
used to be proud of English liberty.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 10:55 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

whew.

for a second I thought you were gonna kill Groucho Marx and George Jetson...
not if the duck comes down with $100.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:03 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Quote:
No. I am only pointing out more obvious flaws in the Democrats first hours accusations. Not only was the guy a mental case, which was apparently the primary cause of the crime, but if there was any political motivation involved at all in this crime, it would have been in the opposite way than some pundits and Democrats seemed to suggest right away. The reason I post this is because those that wanted to go down that road are not telling us where that road led, and so I think it is appropriate that we know where that road led. It did not lead to any evidence that a rightee shot a liberal Democrat. It led to just the opposite, a leftie shot a conservative Democrat that opposed her own party's leadership on many issues.
Okie, I think you are jumping to premature conclusions about Loughner's political leanings and possible political motivations.
I already said I think it was primarily a problem with mental stability. I think if you wish to talk about jumping to conclusions, it is not me, it was the left and some Democrats that did that, there can be no question about that. All I am doing here is stating facts. Facts as they continue to come out, indicate he was more likely a leftie.
Quote:
We actually know very little about Jared Loughner and the reasons why he wanted to assassinate Rep. Giffords. That his target was a congresswoman, makes the act "political", but that does not mean he was motivated by any political views, either his own, or those held by Rep. Giffords. Perhaps she was merely a symbol of "the government" to him, and the one most easily accessible. Perhaps his feelings about her were personal, based on something she said to him when he had met her on an earlier occasion, or something else about her.
I agree with all of that.
Quote:
We have no real evidence that Loughner was a "leftie".
We do now have some evidence that he was. We have learned that he liked the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf, and that a classmate said he was a liberal leftie. That is at least some evidence, although not conclusive.
Quote:
We have no evidence he even bothered to follow politics closely. He was registered as an Independent, and I don't believe he voted in the last election. We do know he had some gripes against the government, mainly based on his objection to the monetary system, and his opposition to the Iraqi war. He made comments like this one:
Quote:
"I can't trust the current government because of fabrications. The government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar."

And he referred to the United States as "a terrorist country". But his comments do not appear to be focused on anyone in particular in the government, or directed toward any political party.
What you just point out further strengthens the likelihood that he was on the left side of the political spectrum. It is mainly liberals that oppose the Iraq War, and interestingly there are liberal posters right here on this forum that claim the United States is a "terrorist country.' I can assure you that such claims are not coming from conservative folks.
Quote:
Immediately after the shooting, there was speculation that he might have been influenced by the violent rhetoric and specific gun imagery coming from the Tea Party and people like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann. We don't know that was the case. We also don't know that wasn't the case. Perhaps such talk did make him think about taking action against a member of the government with a gun--regardless of his own specific reasons for doing so. We just don't know yet.
Yes there was indeed speculation of that, and I disagree that we don't know that was not the case. At least this much is obvious by now, that there is absolutely no evidence of that being the case. There is no more evidence of that than somebody claiming that global warming made him do it. Face it, it was all made up. If those people that made those suggestions had any decency, they would be offering apologies to conservatives, especially the Tea Party and people like Sarah Pailin and Michelle Bachmann.
Quote:
We do know he appears to be mentally disturbed. He was suspended from his community college, in September 2010, for disruptive and disturbing behaviors, and was told he could return only if he received a mental health evaluation that stated he was not a danger to others. He was also terminated from about 5 jobs and quit another because he "couldn't take it any more". He was turned down by the military because he failed a drug test. So, he had marked difficulties functioning, and was given to making comments that struck others as odd, bizarre, nonsensical, or inappropriate. He posted rambling statements on YouTube, and made odd comments on a gaming site chat board where he also complained about not being able to get a job or a date and he said that his interchanges on that gaming site comprised his social life.
I agree with you on all of those points.
Quote:
And we know that at the end of November 2010 he bought a gun. On the morning of the shooting, he went to a Walmart and bought more ammunition for the gun. He also picked up photos he had developed which showed him wearing only a red g-string and holding the gun to his crotch and his buttocks.

And we know that Jared Loughner wanted to shoot more people than just Rep. Giffords. He had his pockets filled with ammunition clips for his gun. He was armed for a massacre, and one he probably did not expect to survive. He posted a "goodbye friends" message on his MySpace page hours before the shooting.

And, with all the talk about possible left wing or right wing political motivations, I think most people are missing possibly the most obvious motive for the shooting.

I think the real reason that Jared Loughner shot Rep. Giffords was a desire for notoriety and "fame" of a sort--he literally wanted to make an impact and be a "somebody". He wanted, for once, to have a feeling of power and control. He wanted to be noticed and remembered. And he was willing to die for that.

This was a 22 year old man, with apparent psychiatric problems, and possible drug problems, who, from all descriptions and current evidence, was an aliented misfit who sustained nothing but constant rejection trying to get a life going for himself--he got booted out of his community college, was fired from about 5 jobs, was turned down by the military, was frustrated about submitting 65 job applications with no responses, was upset that his previous minor arrest might be held against him, and apparently couldn't find a woman willing to date him. The man felt like a complete loser with no vision of a future for himself. And it is certainly not a stretch to surmise that, given the circumstances of his life, Jared Loughner was probably very depressed and possibly suicidal.

So, I think this disturbed, frustrated, depressed young man, with no immediate future ahead of him, and harboring various paranoid and angry feelings about the government, decided to end his life in a blaze of glory, by shooting an accessible member of congress and as many other people as he could take down with him. He even had prepared his own publicity photos--those pictures of himself in a red g-string holding his gun. He wanted to be known, to be remembered. He wanted to leave his mark on the Congress of the United States and on Tuscon. He wanted people to know that Jared Loughner could accomplish something. And just thinking about this plan may have lifted his depression and energized him. His plan helped to focus him on something definite and important and channeled his feelings of anger and frustration.

And, if my hypothesis about him is correct, he has accomplished part of what he set out to do. I, and other people all over the world, now know the name Jared Loughner. He is no longer an insignificant unknown loser. He will be remembered as a mass murderer and as the person who tried to assassinate a member of Congress. He even got the President to come to Tucson. The media has been hanging on every scrap of information about him, and his picture has been in every newspaper. He's definitely a somebody now.

And that's why I think Jared Loughner had that crazy grin on his face in his mug shot.

Anyway, that's my theory for now, given what little we know about him. It makes as much sense to me as anything else I've heard.
I agree with many of your points. Unfortunately, many Democrats, the Sheriff, and some of the media pundits have already played right into his hands by proposing some of the most insulting and ridiculous claims, by blaming his actions on other things other than him. In an uncanny way, he knew that some of the reactions would not place blame onto him and hold him responsible, that many would instead start blaming the political atmosphere, and what made the poor guy do it, and so on and so on. I think it is liberalism that has created much of the atmosphere that creates these effects. Rather than blaming him and holding him responsible for his actions, liberal political correctness has now created this mess, wherein they tried to blame his actions on Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, the Tea Party movement, Rush Limbaugh, and any number of other scapegoats they can dream up. The facts totally and completely disagree with those assumptions. Conservatives are owed a bunch of apologies. Will they receive them? Probably not.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:07 pm
@okie,
we owe Rush Limbaugh an apology?

probably not...
okie

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:22 pm
@okie,
To further support what I just posted, Michelle Malkin's article shown below really documents the problem of blaming conservatives, by summarizing a number of cases of that very thing during the past 2 years. In almost every case, the facts proved the opposite of the liberals claims soon after the incidents happened. In her article, one of the examples, which I had forgotten, was the Census worker guy that libs were having a grand old time throwing out their ridiculous claims, but it turned out the guy staged his own death to look like a hate crime for insurance benefits for his family.
I do not often do this, but I think this is important enough that it needs to be posted in full right here as follows. I would encourage everyone that wishes to know the truth about the Democratic and liberal demagoguery going on, to read it. If at least one reads it, it will have been worth posting.
http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2011/01/14/malkin-blame-righty-a-condensed-history/

"I agree with President Obama. When it comes to politicizing random violence, he and his supporters have been “far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than” they do. Recognition is the first step toward reconciliation. It’s time to recognize the poisonous pervasiveness of the Blame Righty meme.

For the past two years, Democratic officials, liberal activists and journalists have jumped to libelous conclusions about individual shooting sprees committed by mentally unstable loners with incoherent delusions all over the ideological map. The White House now pledges to swear off “pointing fingers or assigning blame.” Alas, the Obama administration’s political and media foot soldiers have proved themselves incapable of such restraint.

In April 2009, a disgruntled, unemployed loser shot and killed three Pittsburgh police officers in a horrifying bloodbath. The gunman, Richard Poplawski, was a dropout from the Marines who threw a food tray at a drill sergeant and had beaten his girlfriend. Was this deranged shooter who pulled the trigger to blame? Nope. Despite evidence that Poplawski’s homicidal, racist tendencies manifested themselves years before Obama took office, lefty publications asserted that the real culprit of the spree was the “heated, apocalyptic rhetoric of the anti-Obama forces” (according to mainstream liberal Atlantic Monthly pundit Andrew Sullivan), along with Fox News and Glenn Beck (according to mainstream liberal journalist Steve Benen of the Washington Monthly online).

That same month, a sick, evil man named Jiverly Voong ambushed an immigration center in Binghamton, N.Y. Recently fired from his job, Voong murdered 13 people, critically wounded four others and then committed suicide. The instant psychologists of the left knew nothing about the disgruntled man of Vietnamese descent and undetermined political affiliation. But within hours of the shooting, liberal mega-website Huffington Post commenters had overwhelmingly convicted GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, the National Rifle Association, Fox News, Lou Dobbs and yours truly. Liberal radio host Alan Colmes pointed his finger at the “huge anti-immigrant backlash in this country” — never mind that tens of millions of legal immigrants and naturalized citizens have coped with hardship, overcome racism and embraced assimilation without going bloody bonkers.

In June 2009, a depraved, elderly anti-Semite named James von Brunn gunned down a security guard at the Holocaust Museum in D.C. Washington Post blogger Greg Sargent and lefty Center for American Progress think-tank fellow Matthew Yglesias immediately invoked the Obama administration’s report on right-wing extremism, leading to a wider chorus of condemnations against the tea party, talk radio and the entire GOP. The truth? Von Brunn was an unstable, equal-opportunity hater and 9/11 Truther conspiracy loon who bashed Jews and Christians, George W. Bush and Fox News, and had also threatened the conservative Weekly Standard magazine.

In late August 2009, as lawmakers faced citizen revolts at health care town halls nationwide, the Colorado Democratic Party decried a window-smashing vandalism attack at its Denver headquarters. State Democratic Party Chair Pat Waak singled out tea party activists and blamed “people opposed to health care” for the attack. The perpetrator, Maurice Schwenkler, turned out to be a far-left transgender activist/single-payer anarchist who had worked for a labor union-tied political committee and canvassed for a Democratic candidate.

In September 2009, Bill Sparkman, a federal U.S. Census worker, was found dead in a secluded rural Kentucky cemetery with the word “Fed” scrawled on his chest with a rope around his neck. The Atlantic Monthly’s Andrew Sullivan rushed to indict “Southern populist terrorism, whipped up by the GOP and its Fox and talk radio cohorts” in an online magazine post titled “No Suicide,” which decried the “Kentucky lynching.” Liberal author Richard Benjamin blamed “anti-government” bile. New York magazine fingered conservative talk radio giant Rush Limbaugh, “conservative media personalities, websites and even members of Congress.” So, who killed Bill Sparkman? Bill Sparkman. He killed himself and deliberately manufactured a hate crime hoax as part of an insurance scam to benefit his surviving son.

In February 2010, ticking time-bomb professor Amy Bishop gunned down three of her colleagues at University of Alabama-Huntsville, and suicide pilot Joseph Andrew Stack flew a stolen small plane into an Austin, Texas, office complex that contained an Internal Revenue Service office. Mainstream journalists from Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart to Time magazine reporter Hilary Hylton leaped forward to tie the crimes to tea party rhetoric. Never mind that Bishop was an Obama-worshiping academic with a lifelong history of violence or that Stack was another Bush-hater outraged about everything from George W. Bush to the American medical system to the evils of capitalism to the city of Austin, the Catholic Church and airlines.

In May 2010, liberal New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg tried to preemptively pin the Times Square bombing attempt on “someone with a political agenda that doesn’t like the health care bill or something.” The culprit was unrepentant Muslim jihadist Faisal Shahzad.

In August 2010, Democratic supporters of Missouri Rep. Russ Carnahan blamed a “firebombing” at the congressman’s St. Louis office on tea party suspects. The real perpetrator? Disgruntled progressive activist Chris Powers, who was enraged over a paycheck dispute.

President Obama wisely counseled the nation this week at the Tucson massacre memorial that “bad things happen, and we must guard against simple explanations in the aftermath.” But as the progressive left’s smear-stained recent history shows, criminalizing conservatism is a hard habit to break."

0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:24 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
probably not...
If you accused him of being implicated in this crime, yes, you owe him an apology.
Read the Malkin article, Rockhead.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:24 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Unfortunately, many Democrats, the Sheriff, and some of the media pundits have already played right into his hands by proposing some of the most insulting and ridiculous claims, by blaming his actions on other things other than him

Quote:
Although his law enforcement colleagues are diligently working to shore up their criminal case to counter a possible plea of insanity that could mitigate punishment, Sheriff Dupnik seems torn about Mr. Loughner’s mental state.

“There’s no doubt in my mind that the whole trial will be about did he know right from wrong,” the sheriff said. “We’ll have 15 psychiatrists saying yes. We’ll have 15 psychiatrists saying no. What do I say? I think he’s mentally disturbed.”

Disturbed enough to be found guilty but insane?

“I majored in psychology at the university,” Sheriff Dupnik answered. “Based on what I’ve seen, he is psychotic, he has serious problems with reality, and I think he’s delusional. Does he meet the legal test of guilty but insane? I don’t know.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/us/16loughner.html?pagewanted=2&hp

The good sheriff seems to have changed his mind. Unfortunately he still has not learned that the appropriate thing for him to do is to keep his mouth shut, to let the court process do its work without him putting prejudicial quotes in front of the jury pool.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:26 pm
Bizarre. James Eric Fuller (63) was wounded in the shooting tragedy a week ago. Shot in the knee. He attended a forum tonight hosted by ABC television's This Week program scheduled to be broadcast tomorrow.
He got upset with something said by Tea Party member Trent Humphries and shouted out "You're dead."
Initially arrested, Fuller was subsequently referred somewhere for psychiatric evaluation.
Details will be coming later, I guess.
okie

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The good sheriff seems to have changed his mind. Unfortunately he still has not learned that the appropriate thing for him to do is to keep his mouth shut, to let the court process do its work without him putting prejudicial quotes in front of the jury pool.
You are exactly right on that. How smart is this sheriff to be spouting off now about whether he thinks the guy is insane or not? We already know how stupid it was for him to speculate about the motivation for the crime. Is it too soon for the locals to recall that joker and find a new sheriff?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:28 pm
@okie,

Rockhead wrote:
probably not...
okie wrote:
If you accused him of being implicated in this crime, yes, you owe him an apology.
Read the Malkin article, Rockhead.
I agree, Rocky, or indicate the reason against it.

David
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:34 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Bizarre. James Eric Fuller (63) was wounded in the shooting tragedy a week ago. Shot in the knee. He attended a forum tonight hosted by ABC television's This Week program scheduled to be broadcast tomorrow.
He got upset with something said by Tea Party member Trent Humphries and shouted out "You're dead."
Initially arrested, Fuller was subsequently referred somewhere for psychiatric evaluation.
Details will be coming later, I guess.
That is unbelievable, bordering on bizarre, rjb.
Here is a news article on it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/15/arizona-shooting-victim-arrested-threat/
A quick question comes into my mind. How much sense does it make for ABC to be hosting the forum, and why would a victim want to be there already? Is this all about money for the news network?
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:45 pm
@okie,
Arizona seems to be a strange place. The tv station reporting this is KGUN?
okie

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 11:56 pm
@realjohnboy,
Careful there, rjb. I know you are kidding and that is a strange coincidence, but it isn't Arizona, its the people doing the strange stuff that bear the responsibility. Do not fall into the trap of demonizing Arizona. Obama would love to do that I'm sure. In fact, he had his justice department fighting Arizona's attempt to enforce the law down there.

By the way, we have relatives in Arizona and they are perfectly normal and law abiding citizens.

Actually, there used to be a Highway 666 in Arizona, that is until they changed it to another number. Before they changed the number, that was where the martians regularly landed and did strange things, like giving people rides on their spacecraft, etc. Laughing
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 12:02 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Careful there, rjb. I know you are kidding...

It's a slow night.
As I said on the NFL (that's football) thread, I have not been feeling well lately.
I lay down just for a few minutes and missed the entire Green Bay vs Atlanta game. It is now 1 am and I am wide awake. Time for on-line scrabble with folks from many different time zones.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 12:14 am
@okie,
Quote:
That is unbelievable, bordering on bizarre, rjb
So this guy was shot in the knee and back a couple of days ago, how much smarts does it take for the cops to figure out that he is likely loopy on pain meds? Arrest him? Take him for a psych eval?? Sounds to me like massive overkill (or wait a minute...is this kind of rhetoric illegal yet or do we have another week or so to talk freely??)
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 12:50 am
@realjohnboy,
Go see your doctor, RJB.
0 Replies