House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

JTT

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:45 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I just want to, from a language POV, Cy, point out that your post contains a number of prescriptive "grammar mistakes". I'll leave it to Finn to point them out and provide the necessary correction.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:50 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I just want to, from a language POV, Cy, point out that your post contains a number of prescriptive "grammar mistakes". I'll leave it to Finn to point them out and provide the necessary correction.

Gosh, feel free to quit reading my posts out of boredom then Laughing

Cycloptichorn
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:55 pm
In other news, the good folks at the Westboro (Kansas) Baptist Church intend to stage a protest at Satuday's funeral for the 9-year old who was killed.
"Thank God for the shooter."
"God sent the shooter to deal with idolatrous America."
The church routinely protests at services for soldiers who have been killed in Iraq or Afghanistan.
AZ is scrambling to pass a law to keep them from getting closer than 100 yards from the church. The parents of a soldier killed in Iraq recently won a judgment against Westboro but that is under appeal. Ohio passed a law banning assembly for the purpose of conducting a protest. It, too, is working its way through the courts.
Meanwhile, motorcyclists in Tucson plan to keep the protesters from being anywhere near the church. The Hell's Angels have done that before in connection with the funerals of soldiers.
JTT

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Gosh, feel free to quit reading my posts out of boredom then

Confused Confused

I think that some thought rather than a knee jerk response might have served you better.

I think you missed my point. It was a wee bit of sarcasm; you and Finn remarking about other people's grammar and spelling in their writing is really quite a hilarious notion.

You ought to have recognized it as sarcasm by my suggestion that Finn could rectify, let alone identify those "errors".
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:58 pm
@realjohnboy,
That group of sick bastards really tests my commitment to the first amendment .
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:58 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
I think you missed my point. It was a wee bit of sarcasm; you and Finn remarking about other people's grammar and spelling in their writing is really quite a hilarious notion.

I didn't miss the point; but I can't tell you to do anything different. I'm certainly not telling Finn or anyone else to do anything different. Just indicating that I get bored when grammar or spelling mistakes are excessive, and lose interest, and stop reading.

If you feel differently than that, great. If you feel the same as I do, and want to stop reading my posts due to grammatical errors - also great! It's a win-win for me, really.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

We agree on one thing at least.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

A2Ks Sarah Palin. Get out there quick and deny deny deny!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:01 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
The Hell's Angels have done that before in connection with the funerals of soldiers.

Gulp!!!
djjd62

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
they do write some catchy songs though
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:02 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

This is what circulated on the streets of Dallas 1-2 days before JFK's arrival in November, 1963.
http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/wantedfortreason.jpg

So, if it hadn't been Oswald, would someone else have tried to get rid of the "Traitor" that day?

And aren't we seeing and hearing similar things coming from the far right about Obama?

Just reviewing what has been written here, and this one caught my eye as one that needs some correction, if it hasn't been already. As a matter of historical record, Lee Harvey Oswald was a communist himself, wasn't he, or at least claimed to be or a wannabe? Didn't he have connections to Cuba? And I seem to recall he had some connection or communication with Russia?
Just thought that needed to be pointed out or corrected.
JTT

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:03 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
If you feel the same as I do, and want to stop reading my posts due to grammatical errors

You did miss the point. I didn't say there were any grammatical errors in that particular posting of yours.

But I do understand how, when you get caught in a bind, just how important it is for you to try to cover your butt.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:05 pm
@spendius,
the patriot guard...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Guard_Riders
JTT

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:05 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Just reviewing what has been written here, and this one caught my eye as one that needs some correction.

Not at all surprising just how much your keen eye missed, Okie.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Absolutely. And, I'd love to see the Baptist Church leadership come out and say these folks do not represent the views of their organization. The silence of other Christians, while this group carries their banner in such a manner, makes me wonder.
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:13 pm
@Rockhead,
Thanks, RH, for the link. It is a very, very brief article if anyone is interested.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Quote:

Absolutely. And, I'd love to see the Baptist Church leadership come out and say these folks do not represent the views of their organization. The silence of other Christians, while this group carries their banner in such a manner, makes me wonder.

I don't know that they haven't, but I'll research it a bit.

If they haven't they are no better than the Muslims who don't condemn Islamists.
spendius

@IRFRANK,
It does me too. It must be either fear or contempt.
okie

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:14 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:
Quote:
We can have free speech without disrupting or inserting into someone elses funeral services, etc. They have a right to free speech, but that does not include any right whatsoever to disrupt ceremonies or assemblies of others that are paying their last respects and honoring their loved ones that have fallen.

Those people from that church in Kansas must be a bunch of kooks masquerading as a church. If that church belongs to any larger organization of churches, that organization should throw them out of it, end their membership, and disavow any connection with them, that would be my opinion.
djjd62

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 06:15 pm
@IRFRANK,
of course the media could just ignore them, they're not a world wide church, they're about 2 dozen nutjobs