House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

Setanta

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:01 pm
@JPB,
Which also would not mean that one can reasonably say he has a drug problem. Especially as the charges were levelled at him while he was still a teenager.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:04 pm
@JPB,
I don't know that either, but I did read that there was a leak from whatever military recruitment office he tried to enlist at that his rejection was because of drug use. Sorry, no link right now.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:06 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

"by any means necessary,"

That refers to our countrymen fighting for our Independence from the Brits and the possibility that Americans may have to fight for their Independence from our own, out of touch - out of control government. If the ballot box does not work, we the people are obligated to take up arms and restore order.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:07 pm
@H2O MAN,
what day does the revolution start?

I need to wash my hair...
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:08 pm
@Setanta,
No matter what, this is a non sequitur. I know hundreds of people who have had alcohol and drug problems, but they didn't unload a glock with an extended magazine on a crowd of people........... The closest that can be said about the argument is that someone high on drugs and/or alcohol has a greater propensity to murder. There is no evidence so far that he was high.
cicerone imposter

@Setanta,
Good point.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

@Rockhead,
You have time to wash your hair and put on your party dress.
firefly

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:09 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
The earlier report was that he was charged with possession of paraphernaila and that he satisfied a period of court supervision resulting in the charge being dismissed.

There is another report that he was possibly rejected by the military because drugs showed up in his urine at his pre-induction physical.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/01/loughner-unable-to-enlist-in-a.html

If these things are true, they certainly suggest a drug problem of some kind, although, I agree, we don't know that for certain.
Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:10 pm
@Lash,
btw, I guess I should say if I was Malcolm - I would have probably said the same thing.
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
You have time to wash your hair and put on your party dress

That's certainly sweet of you!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:11 pm
@ossobuco,
I tried to find where I read that - within the last hour - but couldn't.

Rockhead

@firefly,
If he failed a preliminary piss test for the army, he has a stupid problem as well as whatever other problems he might have.

they don't give them as a surprise.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

http://www.examiner.com/humanist-in-national/westboro-baptist-church-thanks-god-for-tucson-shooter-jared-lee-loughner

Westboro Baptist Church thanks God for Tucson shooter Jared Lee Loughner

Saturday the Westboro Baptist Church, always hungry for negative attention, gave thanks to their God for shooter Jared Lee Loughner. Loughner is being held for the shooting of Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords that took place Saturday morning at a supermarket in Tucson.

Members of Fred Phelps's Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) plan to picket memorial services of Loughner's victims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpkxoql4xz0
Setanta

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:14 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
. . . Westboro Baptist Church, always hungry for negative attention . . .

Ain't that the ugly truth.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:15 pm
@Butrflynet,
Not suprised, but thinking of second amendment resolutions...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:17 pm
@BillW,
The 33 round Glock magazine is not extended - it comes that way from the factory.
A mag extension is an aftermarket modification that increases the magazines capacity above and beyond factory specs.

The Muslim terrorists that shot 43 people, killing 13 at Ft. Hood used pistol magazines that had been extended.
Side note: Hasan bought a laser-equipped semiautomatic handgun and repeatedly visited a firing range, where he honed his skills by shooting at the heads on silhouette targets before he attacked.
Butrflynet

@ossobuco,
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/01/loughner-unable-to-enlist-in-a.html
cicerone imposter

@Butrflynet,
I'll have to remember this one, because there are so many Americans who only fear Muslims in this country.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:20 pm
Quote:
Heroic Woman Charged Jared Loughner, Averting 'Huge Greater Catastrophe'
01- 9-11

At a press conference on Sunday afternoon, Pima County, Ariz., Sheriff Clarence Dupnik offered more details on how suspected Arizona shooter Jared Loughner was disarmed.

Dupnik said that when Loughner ran out of bullets in his first magazine clip, a woman who had already been shot "went up and grabbed" the new magazine "and tore it away from him." Dupnik said the name of the woman was known but he did not share it during the press conference.

After the confrontation with the woman, Loughner was able to load another magazine into his weapon, but "the spring in the magazine failed," Dupnik said, and two men were able to get his weapon away from him and subdue him until law enforcement arrived.

Dupnik said the work of these three people potentially averted a "huge greater catastrophe."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/09/arizona-shooting-hero-clarence-dupnik_n_806434.html
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:29 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks - I knew it was one of the ordinary papers I read..
0 Replies