IF THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WERE HELD TODAY WOULD OBAMA SWEEP IT ?

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 04:13 pm
Not so shabby a performance from our "rookie" POTUS. He got the GOP to underwrite another tax break, He got DADT repealed, and they ratified START . Not too shabby . I hope first responders and DREAM ACT is still doable. If not, the GOP will be looking foolish for further inaction.

Not too shabby at all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 18 • Views: 9,747 • Replies: 135

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 04:26 pm
@farmerman,

Hell No!

PrezBO is a one term mistake, he will be swept out of office in 2012.

BillRM

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 04:39 pm
@farmerman,
As I am counting on the GOP to run a far far right winger I do not think that there is any question of another term barring the completely unexpected.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 04:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Not so shabby a performance from our "rookie" POTUS.
He got the GOP to underwrite another tax break,[We LOVE tax breaks.] He got DADT repealed, and they ratified START. Not too shabby. I hope first responders and DREAM ACT is still doable. If not, the GOP will be looking foolish for further inaction.

Not too shabby at all.
I will vote for the most anti-authoritarian anti-collectivist candidate that I can find on the ballot,
preferably Rand Paul, M.D..

David
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:03 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
REmember, my vote cancels your vote Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:05 pm
@farmerman,

Quote:
farmerman wrote:
REmember, my vote cancels your vote Smile
What good comes from remembering THAT ?

David
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:18 pm
@farmerman,
If ever there was any doubt, it has been now erased. You're an idiot.

Asiide from the lack of communication, the faacts are that he dilly dallyed with DADT, he shoved a crap filled health care bill at us wth that attention whore Pelosi, and is screwing the senior citizens over untiil they're all penniless and dead! He's frozen Social Security benefits, it will be 3 years minimum with no increase even as actual costs rise. He didn't do a damn thing! If the first responders bill makes t through it's thanks not to him. If he'd been a leader, a genuine and real and caring human being and not an insipid worm, he'd have made effrts I mean real efforts to have met with and brought together both sides to make sre the first resp
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:20 pm
@farmerman,
Yep!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:33 pm
@farmerman,
Isn't getting the GOP to underwrite a tax break about equivalant to watching you dog sit and saying "Sit, Spot"?
jcboy

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:33 pm
Against McCain and Palin? It would be a heck of a more sweep then it was back then. McCain is now the most despicable man in America, and well Palin, she’s even more of a twit, if that’s possible.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:35 pm
@Sturgis,
Even though I disagree with your opinion, I did not bring genetics into the discussion. If you noticed IT was a question.
Im curious how he could have gottn DADT to a faster vote in any other fashion.If you recall there was this Depression beginning.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:35 pm
A lot can happen in two years. I prefer to hedge my bet for now.
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
My premise was my premise. IF the election were held today. TWO MONTHS AGO, he was dead meat. Today, its amazing how the meat can spring to life.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:39 pm
@farmerman,
Sorry. I lost track of the premise. He would definitely win today.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:43 pm
@farmerman,
If ever there was any doubt, it has been now erased. You're an idiot.

Aside from the lack of communication, the facts are that he dilly dallyed with DADT, he shoved a crap filled health care bill at us wth that attention whore Pelosi p[we will learn what it says as it comes up he tolls us], and is screwing the senior citizens over untiil they're all penniless and dead! He's frozen Social Security benefits, it will be 3 years minimum with no increase even as actual costs rise. He didn't do a damn thing! If the first responders bill makes t through it's thanks not to him.

If he'd been a leader, a genuine and real and caring human being and not an insipid worm, he'd have made effrts I mean real efforts to have met with and brought together both sides to make sure the first responders would have had their medical expenses tended.

If he'd cared about DADT it have taken wouldn't nearly two years. He's done absolutely nothing. He made no
moves at it.

Want more? Remember his less than stellar response at the disaster n the Gulf?

Unemployment is still way up there. Then again, it better looks as people fnish theiir benefits and are off the rolls, makes it appear that it's getting better. Tell that to the 2 income family that is 1 paycheck now and the ever increasng liines at food pantrys and soup kitchens. And the pantrs and ktchens are hard pressed with the demand increasing and the donations decreasing. But hey, farmerman and other hoodwinked peoples thinks the President is doing a fuckng fine and dandy job to hell witht the starving.

Yeah he's not too shabby performancing, shabby w ould be an improvement.

He's an abject failure but at least he has a pretty wife.

Sweep an election? If the electorate continues to wear blinders and hear jeers from the left that "it's all George Bush's fault" the he'll win. Sweep? Even Carter could keep that from happening .
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 06:21 pm
@farmerman,
Shocked He's a Zombie!!!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 06:25 pm
@farmerman,
O-boy can sweep up after the conservative victory celebrations... Conservative Americans will hand him the broom.
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 06:39 pm
@H2O MAN,
conservatives are too busy being AGAINST everything. The new batch doesnt even know how to govern.
Imagine a pres with Sarah and some of the teabag clowns . All wed need would be the funny shoes and noses and itd be a real clown parade
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 08:41 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
TWO MONTHS AGO, he was dead meat

Come on Farmerman if the GOP run a right wing brain dead nut like Palin no matter when there is an election he would win.

Can you just picture Obama in a debate with the lady?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 08:49 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Isn't getting the GOP to underwrite a tax break about equivalant
to watching you dog sit and saying "Sit, Spot"?
OBVIOUSLY.
0 Replies