How do you win a "War On Terror"?

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 01:44 pm
Good arguments, Bill -- and I am in complete agreement lots of what you said, but I personally think that on balance, we've made more enemies than we can ever "destroy."

And, especially unfortunately, we have alienated people who normally are very good friends -- AND we have completely squandered an incredible amount of good will and empathy that accrued to us from people normally not especially in our camp.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 02:09 pm
Hobitbob, it takes a special type of person who can get people of the same political pursuasion to argue with them.

Despite not agreeing with the war I find myself disagreeing with your arguments even more.

hobitbob wrote:

How does PD's link not provide evidence for this. Did you actually read the article?

Because the notion that we have made more enemies (which I agree with) is subjective and not verifiable without impractical polling.

Your question is akin to saying that after someone reads an article they should agree with you about what the best movie of all time is.

Quote:
Quote:
I concede that this war is certainly creating some enemies, but I do not believe we are upside-down in that category.

OF course this "war" is creating enemies. Very few people are thankful for having their homes destroyed, their children killed, etc.....

Without a doubt. But the flip side is that it's also creating friends. I think the enemies far outweigh the friends but this is not quantifiable.

Quote:
I think it was a resounding success for al-Queda, because it prompted the US to do exactly what bin-Laden wished for: create and maintain an air of fear and distrust.

Please cite a source for how you know "exactly what bin-Laden wished for".

I have followed his statements very closely and do not think you can illustrate that your allegation is anything more than what you think is "exactly what bin-Laden wished for".

Quote:
Quote:
The World Trade Center was not a legitimate military target.

Sure it was. It was a centre of international finance.

That's a very odd and sad opinion you have. To justify a civilian building as a legitimate military target is stretching the boundaries of decency.

Don't get too carried away, when you find your zeal is causing you to justify the murder of civilians you should take a moment to reflect on teh similarities you ahve with said murderers.

Quote:
Quote:
The victims of that attack were made up many races, many cultures and were certainly not organized there to plan attacks on anyone.

So?

So your characterization of the WTC as a legitimate military target is morally bankrupt. It was filled with people from all walks of life and from many nations just doing their jobs.

To justify their murder as a legitimate "military" strike is absurd.

Quote:
Or, they were legitimate targets engaged in economic warfare against those whom bin-Laden claims to represent.

This is just word play. Sure you can characterize economy as "warfare" but that does not make it so. It was people doing their jobs, and people who did not deserve to be murdered.

Quote:
Quote:
This, my friends, is a terrorist act.

Or a legitimate military strike.

Hobitbob this is getting more and more absurd. I have yet to see a liberal justify the murders of all those civilians.

There are members here who lost loved ones in those attacks. To characterize it as a legitimate military operation is to let your political zeal bring your position closer to that of the murderers themselves.

There is nothing legitimate about mudering civilians.

Quote:
Quote:
Since the target itself is of strategic military importance, I would not consider this to be a terrorist act, but rather a brilliantly executed military strategy. Do you see the difference?

And I have pointed out how both can be considered legitimate targets.

No you haven't. You have only used wordplay ("economic warfare") to justify your rationalization of an attack on civilians.

It's muder, not a "legitimate military target".

Sigh

Quote:
Quote:
Now if the United States is your sworn enemy for legitimate reasons, you are well within your rights to defend yourself and attack legitimate targets.

Which is why the insurgencies in Iraq and afghanistan are legitimate wars against a hostile oppressor.

That makes a lot more sense than rationalizing muder of thousands of civilians as a "legitimate" attack.

Quote:
Quote:
However; if you believe every member of the United State's civilian population is a legitimate target, than you are a terrorist, who needs to be destroyed.

Poorly developed arguement. See above.

Not at all. The "needs to be destroyed" part is silly, but you are indeed showing a lot in common with said terrorists by obfuscating the moral issues and trying to portray targeting civilians as "legitimate".

Quote:

As many others have found out before you, one cannot control the form of debate. One either plays, or leaves. As for argueing for the sake of arguing, there are those here who relish this activity. Interestingly enough, they all seem to be on your political side. Please remember that disagreement is not an insult. If you wish to avoid disagreement, I'm sure that there are far right, "war is fun" forums out there.

Hobit, that WAS an insult. You insult people then retreat to the mantra of "disagreement is not an insult".

That's true, but your insults have nothign to do with disagreement. And it's incredible that right after you try to portray your arguments as mere disagreement you toss in a meaningless insult. Rolling Eyes

You repeatedly characterize people as liking war. It's a meaningless ad hominem.

This type of argument undermines rational arguments for the liberal position.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 02:21 pm
hobitbob wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Quote:
I'll happily debate the merit of my arguments, but only with those who recognize my right to believe the way I do.

I don't know that anyone here has denied you this right. I disagree with you, but you are welcome to hold any opinions you feel like having.

Quote:
If you choose to quote me, please address the paragraphs, not the sentences. I have no interest in arguing for the sake of argument.

As many others have found out before you, one cannot control the form of debate. One either plays, or leaves. As for argueing for the sake of arguing, there are those here who relish this activity. Interestingly enough, they all seem to be on your political side. Please remember that disagreement is not an insult. If you wish to avoid disagreement, I'm sure that there are far right, "war is fun" forums out there.

Hobitbob,
I am not attempting to control the form of debate. By requesting that my paragraphs rather than sentences be quoted, I am asking that my points be addressed rather than individual sentences. I purposely separated each point in paragraphs in order to be better understood. In my opinion; choosing to attack sentences, rather than the point that a group of sentences represents, constitutes arguing for the sake of argument. When you attack a particular sentence; said sentence alone, may or may not represent my point. For this reason, I will not participate in that type of debate because it unfairly puts me in a position of defending points that I may never have made in the first place. Surely you can understand that. Please, feel free to post in any fashion you like. However, if you want me to respond; you will have to show me this minimal amount of respect. I repeat; I'll happily debate the merit of my arguments but I have no desire to argue for the sake of argument.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 02:40 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Hobitbob, it takes a special type of person who can get people of the same political pursuasion to argue with them.

You seem quaite able to do so.

Quote:
Despite not agreeing with the war I find myself disagreeing with your arguments even more.

Then I accomplished what I set out to do....inspire thought.

Quote:

How does PD's link not provide evidence for this. Did you actually read the article?

Because the notion that we have made more enemies (which I agree with) is subjective and not verifiable without impractical polling.

I know you read the foreign press, occaisionally subjective arguements are appropriate.

Quote:
Your question is akin to saying that after someone reads an article they should agree with you about what the best movie of all time is.

Faulty reasoning.

Quote:
I concede that this war is certainly creating some enemies, but I do not believe we are upside-down in that category.OF course this "war" is creating enemies. Very few people are thankful for having their homes destroyed, their children killed, etc.....

Quote:
Without a doubt. But the flip side is that it's also creating friends. I think the enemies far outweigh the friends but this is not quantifiable.

It is the quality of those friends that I fond the most troubling.

Quote:
I think it was a resounding success for al-Queda, because it prompted the US to do exactly what bin-Laden wished for: create and maintain an air of fear and distrust. ase cite a source for how you know "exactly what bin-Laden wished for".

Jessica Stern, Terror in the Name of God, Harvard, 2002.

Quote:
The World Trade Center was not a legitimate military target.
Sure it was. It was a centre of international finance.

That's a very odd and sad opinion you have. To justify a civilian building as a legitimate military target is stretching the boundaries of decency.

Personally I fond the acts of 11th September to be horrible, but I am trying to view this fromt the standpoint of one who sees such actions as justifiable.

Quote:
Don't get too carried away, when you find your zeal is causing you to justify the murder of civilians you should take a moment to reflect on the similarities you have with said murderers.

Yaeh, whatever...Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
The victims of that attack were made up many races, many cultures and were certainly not organized there to plan attacks on anyone.

So?

This was irrelevent. Who cares who they were. Their identity as anything other than targets is what is important in this situation. Illegitimate targets to you and I, legitimate targets to al-Quaeda.

Quote:
So your characterization of the WTC as a legitimate military target is morally bankrupt. It was filled with people from all walks of life and from many nations just doing their jobs.

To justify their murder as a legitimate "military" strike is absurd.

You know better than this. Think about the strategic bombing campaign in WWII.

Quote:
Or, they were legitimate targets engaged in economic warfare against those whom bin-Laden claims to represent.

This is just word play. Sure you can characterize economy as "warfare" but that does not make it so. It was people doing their jobs, and people who did not deserve to be murdered.

But to al-Quaeda and similar groups, they are legitimate targets. Seeing the opposing view does not imply agreeing with it.

Quote:
This, my friends, is a terrorist act.
Or a legitimate military strike.

Hobitbob this is getting more and more absurd. I have yet to see a liberal justify the murders of all those civilians.

We may not approve, but we must understand in order to prevent similar occurrances.

Quote:
There are members here who lost loved ones in those attacks. To characterize it as a legitimate military operation is to let your political zeal bring your position closer to that of the murderers themselves.

I lost my fiancee in the attack on the pentagon. Your comment is specious.

Quote:
There is nothing legitimate about mudering civilians.

That would be why we are having this discussion.

Quote:
Since the target itself is of strategic military importance, I would not consider this to be a terrorist act, but rather a brilliantly executed military strategy. Do you see the difference?
And I have pointed out how both can be considered legitimate targets.

No you haven't. You have only used wordplay ("economic warfare") to justify your rationalization of an attack on civilians.

It's muder, not a "legitimate military target".

Murdur to us, legititmate target to others.

Quote:
Now if the United States is your sworn enemy for legitimate reasons, you are well within your rights to defend yourself and attack legitimate targets.
Which is why the insurgencies in Iraq and afghanistan are legitimate wars against a hostile oppressor.
That makes a lot more sense than rationalizing muder of thousands of civilians as a "legitimate" attack.

Blah blah blah...

Quote:
However; if you believe every member of the United State's civilian population is a legitimate target, than you are a terrorist, who needs to be destroyed.
Poorly developed arguement. See above.

Not at all. The "needs to be destroyed" part is silly, but you are indeed showing a lot in common with said terrorists by obfuscating the moral issues and trying to portray targeting civilians as "legitimate".

You are entitled to your opinion.

Quote:

Hobit, that WAS an insult. You insult people then retreat to the mantra of "disagreement is not an insult".

No, it was a statement of fact.

Quote:
That's true, but your insults have nothign to do with disagreement. And it's incredible that right after you try to portray your arguments as mere disagreement you toss in a meaningless insult. Rolling Eyes

That's nice.

Quote:
You repeatedly characterize people as liking war. It's a meaningless ad hominem.

Unless they are people who have shown a preference for war in their statements.

Quote:

So don't read them, or kick me out of your sandbox. I don't particularly care which one.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 02:41 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Good arguments, Bill -- and I am in complete agreement lots of what you said, but I personally think that on balance, we've made more enemies than we can ever "destroy."

And, especially unfortunately, we have alienated people who normally are very good friends -- AND we have completely squandered an incredible amount of good will and empathy that accrued to us from people normally not especially in our camp.

We certainly have Frank and I agree that this is very unfortunate. Where I dissent; is that in my life I make my decisions based on my beliefs and consider my friends' opinions of me to be a secondary consideration. I know this is true of everyone. You and I simpy have a difference of opinion on the risk/reward ramifications of our current actions.

Ps, thank you for your consideration Craven. You and Setanta have now both intervened in a similar fashion. You, Setanta, Frank and countless others frequently oppose my opinions and still are representative of what I'm starting to love about this forum. Thanks again.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 02:57 pm
hobitbob wrote:

Quote:

The fact that I support some wars does not support a conclusion that I like war. I'll paraphrase Dennis Miller on this one: "I probably like war about as much as your average pro-choice advocate likes abortion."
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:03 pm
I seem to recall a statement from you saying you would happily kill anyone who disagreed with you. At the time I defended you, thinking you were just annoyed when you wrote this. After some of your posts I'm not so sure.....
I also recall a statment from you that you were interested in joining the military to "See action, " and upon discovering this was unlikely you demurred. Again, I don't know you, so I must rely on what you write.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:10 pm
hobitbob wrote:

Quote:

That does not make your position any less wrong.

Quote:
I know you read the foreign press, occaisionally subjective arguements are appropriate.

I agree. But don't expect someone to agree based on an article. It's subjective.

Quote:
Quote:

Faulty reasoning.

Then demonstrate it. ;-)

Quote:

Again, please cite it. Naming a book does nothing to support your contention of exactly what Bin Laden wished to do in 9/11.

You frequently drop book names as if that validated your position. I again challenge this and ask you to cite. That book does not provide the support.

Quote:
Personally I fond the acts of 11th September to be horrible, but I am trying to view this fromt the standpoint of one who sees such actions as justifiable.

Thanks for clairifying.

So to make sure it's clear, do you consider the WTC a "legitimate military target"?

Quote:

Think what? That does not in any way change your position. Earlier you argued against finding other sins to justify a sin. Please follow your advice here.

Quote:
But to al-Quaeda and similar groups, they are legitimate targets. Seeing the opposing view does not imply agreeing with it.

Thanks for differentiating it. Your arguments that stridently argued that they were legitimate seemed very much to be your justifications.

Quote:
We may not approve, but we must understand in order to prevent similar occurrances.

I agree, and argue only against approval, not "understanding".

Quote:
Quote:

No it was not. It was your opinion and only that.

In any case, fact and insult are not mutually exclusive and insult it was.

Quote:
Quote:

That's nice.

No, it wasn't nice. Your insult was meaningless and unwarranted.

Quote:
Quote:

They do not show a "preference" for war. All the supporters of the war here have said it was not their preferred solution.

I happen to agree that they opt for that solution at a greater frequency but that does not make your false claim that they "like" war any less false and any less of a meaningless insult.

Quote:
Quote:

So don't read them, or kick me out of your sandbox. I don't particularly care which one.

No. What I will do is call them out.

For example, you have done the insult thing again with the "sandbox" comment.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:30 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:

That does not make your position any less wrong.[/quote]
Oooohhh..aand can your dad beat up my dad, etc..?

Quote:

I agree. But don't expect someone to agree based on an article. It's subjective.

I'll go with that.

Quote:
Faulty reasoning.

Then demonstrate it. ;-)

Its a facetious comparison.

Quote:

Again, please cite it. Naming a book does nothing to support your contention of exactly what Bin Laden wished to do in 9/11.

You frequently drop book names as if that validated your position. I again challenge this and ask you to cite. That book does not provide the support.

Perhaps I was guilty of assumimg others on this forum still read books? See chapters 6 and 9.

Quote:

Thanks for clairifying.

So to make sure it's clear, do you consider the WTC a "legitimate military target"?

No, but since my opinions were not the reason for its destruction, my opinions are not overly relevent when attempting to understand how others could see it as a legitimate target.

Quote:

Think what? That does not in any way change your position. Earlier you argued against finding other sins to justify a sin. Please follow your advice here.

Attacks aginst civillian targets have long been a staple of warfare. It is really only since 1950 that the pendulum has swung the other way. Terrorism depends on the concept of the civillian as a legitimate target when engaged in activities that contribute to the war effort.

Quote:
Thanks for differentiating it. Your arguments that stridently argued that they were legitimate seemed very much to be your justifications.

I'm sorry you read them that way. You were wrong.

Quote:
I agree, and argue only against approval, not "understanding".

Obviously.

Quote:

No it was not. It was your opinion and only that.

Nyah nyah nyah...etc....

Quote:

How nice, want a cookie?

Quote:

That's nice.No, it wasn't nice. Your insult was meaningless and unwarranted.[/quote]
Rolling Eyes

Quote:
They do not show a "preference" for war. All the supporters of the war here have said it was not their preferred solution.

I happen to agree that they opt for that solution at a greater frequency but that does not make your false claim that they "like" war any less false and any less of a meaningless insult.

We are entitled to our opinions. We shall disagree.

Quote:
No. What I will do is call them out.

For example, you ahve done it again with the "sandbox" comment. Rolling Eyes

Well, 'tis your forum, you are free to do as you like. I lost a lot of respect for you when you were busily bashing Tart and Blatham. I'm not going to lose a great deal of sleep over the fact you disagree with me. The less interaction we have, the happier I will be.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:40 pm
hobitbob wrote:
I seem to recall a statement from you saying you would happily kill anyone who disagreed with you. At the time I defended you, thinking you were just annoyed when you wrote this. After some of your posts I'm not so sure.....

You have just provided the perfect example of why I don't approve of your habit of seperating paragraphs. The sentence you are quoting began with "Women are not dogs,.. in fact here it is:
Quote:
Women are not dogs, and I'll happily put to death everyone who disagrees with me until everyone that's left does. That, is the humane solution. If you believe with all of your heart that you should stone your women to death if she insults you and you can not be persuaded to change your way of thinking, than good riddance to you.

Now, as you can see; the little fragment of that paragraph; does not accurately reflect the point of the paragraph. I regret my choice of wording nonetheless, as it does make me appear a little crazier than I am, but certainly not as crazy as you and pistoff's, editing. Get it?

If by defending me, you mean sending me a private message urging me not to stoop to pistoff's level, yes you did. I don't see how it's relevant, but I'll provide you a CC if you'd like.

hobitbob wrote:

I also recall a statment from you that you were interested in joining the military to "See action, " and upon discovering this was unlikely you demurred. Again, I don't know you, so I must rely on what you write.

At the time I inquired about joining the military to "see action", I was feeling very hypocritical for advocating the action without putting myself in harms way. It was a desire to "practice what I preach", not a desire to go kill someone. I have never, and hope I will never have to kill anyone, but remain prepared to do so if my personal morality requires it. Judge me how you will.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:44 pm
hobitbob wrote:

Quote:
That does not make your position any less wrong.

Oooohhh..aand can your dad beat up my dad, etc..?

What are you talking about? My comment was to the effect that you did not substabtiate your arguments and only said that they were "thought provoking".

And like I said that says nothing about their validity.

Why are you trying to make this about insults?

Quote:
Quote:
Faulty reasoning.

Then demonstrate it. ;-)

Its a facetious comparison.

Again, how so? ;-)

It was an iluustration of how a subjective opinion is not something you can proeve.

Explain how that was "facetious" and more importantly how it was "faulty reasoning".

See, I'm not taking your word for it. I am politely asking you to substantiate it.

Quote:
Perhaps I was guilty of assumimg others on this forum still read books? See chapters 6 and 9.

No, you are deflecting attention by the "read this tome" argument to buy time.

Again. I am challenging that argument and I assert that the book you are name dropping does not support your assertion.

Quote:
Attacks aginst civillian targets have long been a staple of warfare. It is really only since 1950 that the pendulum has swung the other way. Terrorism depends on the concept of the civillian as a legitimate target when engaged in activities that contribute to the war effort.

That doesn't change it's moral validity. And secondly I believe there is a qualitative difference beween state war (declared) and terrorists bombing civilian targets.

Quote:
I'm sorry you read them that way. You were wrong.

If you do not justify said attacks then I would definitely be wrong to think you do.

Quote:
Nyah nyah nyah...etc....

Why are you doing that HB?

Quote:
Quote:

How nice, want a cookie?

Again, what's with the child's play?

Quote:
Well, 'tis your forum, you are free to do as you like. I lost a lot of respect for you when you were busily bashing Tart and Blatham. I'm not going to lose a great deal of sleep over the fact you disagree with me. The less interaction we have, the happier I will be.

I never "bashed" blatham, and neither Tartarin.

What I did do is voice disagreement with Tartarin's insults. And as long as you are insulting members here, your wish to reduce your interactions with me will not be fulfilled.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:45 pm
Quote:
f by defending me, you mean sending me a private message urging me not to stoop to pistoff's level, yes you did. I don't see how it's relevant, but I'll provide you a CC if you'd like.

And by sending a message to Pist asking him to lighten up.

Quote:
I have never, and hope I will never have to kill anyone, but remain prepared to do so if my personal morality requires it. Judge me how you will.

What an interesting comment.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:48 pm
Quote:
I am challenging that argument and I assert that the book you are name dropping does not support your assertion.

Having read the book fairly recently, I will say you are wrong. If you haev read the book, and wish to debate its merits, I will be more than happy to do so, but I am quite tired of this pissing contest. Its your forum. Do what you wish.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:51 pm
Hobitbob,

You are in the "pissing" contest alone.

I have only asked you to substantiate the assertion which you made and which you have repeatedly failed to substantiate. Now you are begging out while claiming it's a "pissing contest". This despite the fact that you are the only person who was enganged in said contest.

So again, you made an assertion and I am asking you to substantiate it. That's all.

If you are unable or unwilling to do so that is fine. And it's also entirely your making as I have only asked you to substantiate it and have not returned your insults.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:58 pm
I would suggest you read the chapters in the text mentioned. Good day, young man!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:00 pm
I have read the texts in the chapters you mentioned.

My suggestion is to back up your assertions and not beg off with insults.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:18 pm
I'm not Italgato, I'm not going to reproduce the chapters on this forum Get real.
Ch8, pg. 220.

Ch9, pg249.

Recruitment: 259-260.

Ideology: 261-265.

"Near and Far Enemies: 266-268.

Evolving Mission: 268-269.

Ultimate Goals of Terrroist organizations: 284-286.

The US' Mishandling of Terrorism: 288-291.

Definition of Terrorism: Introduction XX-XXII
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:29 pm
Hobitbob,

I'm not asking you to reproduce it. You asserted "exactly" what Bin Laden wished for. I am asking you how you know. You brought up the book dropping, not I.

It's a very interesting book, but having read it I do not think it substantiates your assertion. Jessica Stern made some reasonable arguments and others that were less so.

Your assertion isn't validated by her book any more than finding a like minded individual does.

See, when people say things like "Osama hates us for our freedom" they do the same as you do. Assert Osama's motivations as they see them.

I am only interested in knowing whether your exactitude in ascribing the precise motives Bin Laden has is based on an educated guess or a direct quote.

See, some think it was this, some think it was that. I know of the various opinions out there and am asking to know about your reason for asserting it.

If it's just "I read it in a book" that's fine. I was looking for a quote from Bin Laden, since everyone else's opinion of his "exact" wishes are speculative in nature.

If your assertion was just a guess please just say so. If it was more please elucidate. On the one hand there's an opinion, on the other perhaps something Osama said that I don't know.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:38 pm
Didn't read the references, did you? If it had been a quote, I would have said it was a quote. Pist has posted a link to al-Quaeda's "statements of purpose" elswhere, there you will find quotes. My academic life is based around the proper use of references, so I found your asserions that I would play fast and loose with references extremely insulting, but pretty much typical of how you have treated others here, like Tart, Blatham, CI ,etc...
I understand you are quite young, and for one so young you display extrodinary insight most of the time, but on other times you descend to the level of belligerent street punk. I personally thnk this was one of those times. Now, have we wasted enough bandwidth away from the actual topic, or will you continue?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:45 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Didn't read the references, did you?

Yes I did.

Quote:
My academic life is based around the proper use of references, so I found your asserions that I would play fast and loose with references extremely insulting, but pretty much typical of how you have treated others here, like Tart, Blatham, CI ,etc...

You are making stuff up here. :-)

I'll go ask if they agree with you.

Quote:
I understand you are quite young, and for one so young you display extrodinary insight most of the time, but on other times you descend to the level of belligerent street punk. I personally thnk this was one of those times. Now, have we wasted enough bandwidth away from the actual topic, or will you continue?

I'm going to again ask you to cease with the insults.

You say I've acted like a "punk" but you are the only one flinging the insults in this exchange Hobitbob. I have not been belligerent with you at all. This despite your repeated insults.
I am discussing the topic. You are the only one interested in the insults here.
0 Replies