STAY ON TOPIC, DAMNIT ! ! !

wayne

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 10:47 pm
@FBM,
I had a vile octopus once, it was in a jar my parents brought back from Florida.
FBM

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 01:14 am
@wayne,
Ah. How did it taste?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 03:53 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
But wait, what about speed limits on local streets?

I mean really, just how fast do you expect local streets to go?

No, i am much more concerned with Farmerman's refusal to wear a Santa hat . . .
farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 05:50 am
@Setanta,
Tell the truth, I think it was either Beth or Shewolf who made a hat for the general and the dumb general lowst it when he bought a new laptop and forgot to transfer **** from the my pictures file. SO he shall remain hatless unless I can get a traditional
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 05:53 am
That's exactly what i was tellin' The Girl just las' night . . . these dogs are spoiled, and needs ta go on a diet!
farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 05:54 am
@Setanta,
Ushanky
farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 08:42 am
@farmerman,
AND, speking of butterbeans, I like em with some fried chicken and corn bread with chicken gravy.
FBM

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 08:53 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

AND, speking of butterbeans, I like em with some fried chicken and corn bread with chicken gravy.

Dammit, man, I'm a Southern farmboy stuck in South Korea! Don't torture me with this! Next you'll be talking about fried okra and gumbo. Aaarrrgghhh!!!!!

I'd stab my mother for a plate of butterbeans right now, thanks to YOU!

Disclaimer:

I am not advocating stabbing one's mother over a single plate of butterbeans. A whole pot (or mess), maybe (along with the cornbread), but not a single plate. That would be wrong.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 11:58 am
Throw in some taters, an' i'll murder yer whole damned fambly . . .

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 12:47 pm
@Setanta,
Its DAMMIT, not DAMNIT. Its in the book.
High Seas

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 01:10 pm
@farmerman,
It isn't in his review of German grammar - where however he mentions how fascinating he found "damit" until he discovered what it meant:
Quote:
....„Verdammt,“ and its variations and enlargements, are words which have plenty of meaning, but the SOUNDS are so mild and ineffectual ... German ladies are constantly saying, „Ach! Gott!“ „Mein Gott!“ „Gott in Himmel!“ „Herr Gott“ „Der Herr Jesus!“ etc. They think our ladies have the same custom, perhaps; for I once heard a gentle and lovely old German lady say to a sweet young American girl: „The two languages are so alike – how pleasant that is; we say ‚Ach! Gott!‘ you say ‚Goddamn.‘“
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 01:12 pm
Oh gee'z I hate lima beans. I shudder to think of them. Blech. Yuck.
Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 01:36 pm
I know what you mean . . . i've always been a big fan of Dodge and Chrysler products in general, but i'd hate Fords even if there never had been any Dodges.
farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 02:06 pm
@Setanta,
Ive been giving this a lot pof thought ever since I saw the story in this weeks "Quoddy Tides" (Eastport Maine's number 1 morning newspaper). THE MAINE MARINE RESOURCES BOARD--has decided to develop a scallop advisory board.
Lets say youre a scallop, what can anyone advise you on? Anyway, Where would he advise you anyway, its not like you have ears.
What career options do you as a scallop aspire to?

High Seas

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 02:23 pm
@farmerman,
Is it true the Humboldt squid only lives in the Pacific? Then I, as a scallop, would aspire to stay in the Atlantic. New PETA motto: GPS for Scallops!
farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 03:07 pm
@High Seas,
You must realize that scallops are sessile littoral benthic, and not in the least pelagic. Perhaps as larvae they could hitch a ride but Pectinae spis primrily a native to northern waters.

Ive been told that scallops have several hundred eyes but that they are not able to detect and register shapes. I find that even more fascinating. Here we have a scallop advisory council and so many eyes to which to show a Powerpoint presentation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 03:53 pm
I've felt the same way myself for years and years . . . the only way to deal with kudzu is thermonuclear intervention . . .
farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 06:16 pm
@Setanta,
mmmmmm, Mac and cheese.
farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 06:17 pm
@farmerman,
THIS JUST IN.

Andre the Giant is still dead.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 06:27 pm
@Setanta,
Honey, they slip slide away..
oh, look, a speed bump!

I could natter about speed bumps but will forgo the opportunity.
0 Replies