McGentrix

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 07:14 am
What's up with these one-off account posting about Trump and that's it?
izzythepush

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 07:29 am
@McGentrix,
This response from Jespah to another poster may answer your question.

Quote:
I have been moderating forums for over a decade. I know spam and spammers very well. It is usually the case that a newbie who drops a link with the very first post is spamming the site and has no reason to come here other than to try to glom onto our good search engine rankings. Period.

http://able2know.org/topic/299925-1#post-6057897
bobsal u1553115

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 09:21 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Quote:

I have been moderating forums for over a decade. I know spam and spammers very well. It is usually the case that a newbie who drops a link with the very first post is spamming the site and has no reason to come here other than to try to glom onto our good search engine rankings. Period.

I moderate on another forum and this is exactly why all new posters are watched VERY closely for several weeks or until they post twenty or so trouble free posts. We dump a LOT newbies when they jump into a topic armed with questionable links and too strong of opinions against older posters. Its also evidence of having been members who were kicked for uncivil behavior. Hawkeye'd been bounced YEARS ago.
ohioboy24

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 10:54 am
@McGentrix,
A couple of us are a part of a group in a college English class. Our duty was to pick a topic, do research about it, pick a stance, then to enter a forum and discuss about it. So we were all pretty neutral coming into the topic, and now all of us pretty much agree that Trump should not be our president. I think our posts speak that message and show our evidence. But it was good to look into something and learn the reasons why Donald Trump specifically shouldn't be president.
ohioboy24

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 11:05 am
@monizla,
Agree completely. His immigration policies are absurd, thats a given. Also agree that he provides no specifics for how he actually plans to get things done from a business perspective besides stopping inversions. Hopefully a different Republican like Jeb Bush or even Ben Carson wins the Republican bid so we dont have to see Trumps arrogant campaign ads to "Make America Great Again".
hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 12:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I moderate on another forum and this is exactly why all new posters are watched VERY closely for several weeks or until they post twenty or so trouble free posts. We dump a LOT newbies when they jump into a topic armed with questionable links and too strong of opinions against older posters. Its also evidence of having been members who were kicked for uncivil behavior. Hawkeye'd been bounced YEARS ago

Its also evidence of having been members who were kicked for uncivil behavior ....what an interesting line of gibberish to get to the "Hawkeye needs to go" punchline.
Frank Apisa

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 12:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
I moderate on another forum and this is exactly why all new posters are watched VERY closely for several weeks or until they post twenty or so trouble free posts. We dump a LOT newbies when they jump into a topic armed with questionable links and too strong of opinions against older posters. Its also evidence of having been members who were kicked for uncivil behavior. Hawkeye'd been bounced YEARS ago

Its also evidence of having been members who were kicked for uncivil behavior ....what an interesting line of gibberish to get to the "Hawkeye needs to go" punchline.

I wanna go on record as saying that I want you to stay...and to post as often as possible.

You do more for the causes important to me than most of the people who feel as I do about them.

In fact, you have my sincere thanks, Hawk.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 12:18 pm
@ohioboy24,
ohioboy24 wrote:

A couple of us are a part of a group in a college English class. Our duty was to pick a topic, do research about it, pick a stance, then to enter a forum and discuss about it. So we were all pretty neutral coming into the topic, and now all of us pretty much agree that Trump should not be our president. I think our posts speak that message and show our evidence. But it was good to look into something and learn the reasons why Donald Trump specifically shouldn't be president.

Re-reading the few posts with this in mind, it appears that his immigration stance is what seems to be a common complaint.

Do you feel that illegal immigration into the US is generally a good thing? I am curious why that would be.

I find illegal immigration to be a burden on our society for many reasons; it effects tax rolls in many parts of the country and those same parts have to spend more while taking in less. Illegal immigration effects legal immigration negatively. Seasonal workers who used to be able to get work can no longer because illegals have taken those jobs for less pay. There is a certain amount of crime that comes along with illegal immigrants. I realize that not every illegal coming to the US to rape and pillage, but you must agree that some of them are. Not every illegal immigrant is coming across seeking the American dream with their lovely families and becoming perfect role models. No, many of them are coming across solely for the purpose of committing crimes.

What else other the immigration really bothers you about Trump?
gungasnake

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 12:27 pm
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/unions-thinking-about-endorsing-trump/article/2573359

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/black-christian-pastors-just-made-a-huge-announcement-about-trump/

http://cdn4.img.sputniknews.com/images/102734/69/1027346975.png

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/29/exclusive-donald-trump-rights-ship-on-immigration-demands-disney-rehire-workers-replaced-by-cheap-foreign-labor-calls-rubio-silicon-valleys-puppet/

Trump is the ONLY shot we have at a president who is not owned by Wall St. He is on the right side of Russia/Putin type issues unlike any other potential candidate from either party and so far at least I have not seen him come down on the wrong side of a meaningful issue.

He has an IQ in the 160 - 170 range which would be extremely high for a mathematician or physicist, much less a politician.

It remains only to get him on the right side of Glass/Steagal and related finance/banking issues and that should not be overly difficult. The guy has spent 40 years amassing a personal fortune while simultaneously watching bankers walk off with the lion's share of every deal which ever went down other than via cash on the barrel head. He cannot possibly harbor any love for those guys.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 12:53 pm
The party that has become an international joke...

...wants to show just how much a joke it has become...

...by nominating Donald Trump for the presidency!

My heart goes out to the Republicans who realize now what a mess their party has actually become.
izzythepush

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 01:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Stop whinging, you tell me to go all the time.
hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 02:08 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Stop whinging, you tell me to go all the time.

If all the time equals 2 or 3, and that is not me claiming that the mods should force you out. You are smart enough to know the difference right? I am always on shaky ground making such assumptions about you.

However let me say that was a great laugh this morning, reading BOB claiming to be a mod on a better more sanitized site when he posts on average 13 times a day here, and when he is one of the worst of the bullies. Logic is clearly not his strong suit.
RABEL222

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 02:08 pm
@McGentrix,
Many farmers in the country want the immigrants to keep coming wether legal or illegal so they can have cheap farm labor. After the election you will see most of the republicans back off of this political bull.
RABEL222

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 02:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Drop it Frank. I want Trump to run in the worst way. He will guarantee a democratic president no matter who they run.
hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 02:13 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Many farmers in the country want the immigrants to keep coming wether legal or illegal so they can have cheap farm labor. After the election you will see most of the republicans back off of this political bull.

Getting mexican farm labor is easy to do, and will continue to be till/unless the Mexicans ever figure out how to get ahold of their corruption/criminals/bad economy problems. A guest worker program will work fine. We dont need illegals for anything. Farmers actually want all workers to be legal so that they dont have to worry about the workers not showing up because they get afraid that the state agencies will raid the worksite. All it takes is one day of lack of picking to cause economic damage to the farmer a lot of the time.

You are not very informed on this subject, clearly.
hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 02:15 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Drop it Frank. I want Trump to run in the worst way. He will guarantee a democratic president no matter who they run.

That is Clinton, because the D's are not allowing us any choice. But you dont want to talk about that, do you......

Honesty would be very refreshing from you.
gungasnake

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 02:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
HDK would be the next best thing to having Ma Barker in the white house...

Ma:
http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/ma.png
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 02:49 pm
Quote:
DAVID BROOKS: They can’t nominate this guy. Major parties do not nominate people like Carson and Trump. These guys are so incompetent. Whenever the actual subject is running the country, they just disappear from the debates.

And I just have to feel — I have had no evidence for this. And I have said this for six months now, that they’re about to collapse.

JUDY WOODRUFF: Not that we’re keeping track. Not that we’re keeping track.

DAVID BROOKS: The emerald path will get to Oz, the curtain will come down, and Marco Rubio will emerge triumphant.

(LAUGHTER)

JUDY WOODRUFF: We have heard you mention this before.

But what about…

DAVID BROOKS: I think it will — I do think it will be Cruz and Rubio at the end of the day. I think Cruz will inherit the — and Republicans are really angry.

They think the country is going down the tubes. And so they have to express that somehow. They are expressing it now. And I think — but those voters will eventually wind up with Cruz, and then the mainstream voters will wind up with somebody like Rubio or Kasich or who knows.

But I just can’t imagine. A major American party doesn’t nominate Donald Trump. I just can’t believe it. I will have to go to Canada after that.

(LAUGHTER)

JUDY WOODRUFF: But what about Mark’s point about — you get to react. But what about Mark’s point about — some of the candidates were asked questions, and then it turns out later what they said didn’t hold out? So, what about…

DAVID BROOKS: Yes. There was the Carson moment with the dietary supplement thing.

They — I think the questioners were not prepared for the brazenness of the lies. Now, I don’t totally blame Donald Trump for not knowing what’s on his Web page. I can’t imagine he ever read his Web page. He’s not into that sort of stuff.

But there was a certain brazenness to it. And that’s been true of this year, that you — somehow, there is no political price.

I think that’s what Donald Trump — that is why he is a bit of a game-changer, because he has said eight million things that are normally disqualifying, but because the electorate is so angry, at least that part of the electorate, they say, well, you know, he says all this crazy stuff, but we need somebody who can really shake things up. So they are willing to tolerate it.

I still don’t think they are going to tolerate it at the end of the day. That’s my religion right now

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/11/02/david_brooks_if_trump_is_republican_nominee_i_will_have_to_go_to_canada.html

For snood and Frank, two who cant get in through their heads that I represent a huge chunk of the American people with my support of Trump. My reasons for supporting him are mainstream. Ignoring us, mocking us, telling us to shut up is not going to make us go away. Or shut up.

hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 02:59 pm
Quote:
Turning to the 2016 presidential nomination campaigns, we can clearly see the effects of rising voter anger in both parties. Donald Trump’s surge in the polls among Republican primary voters is likely due to his ability to give voice to frustration and anger among a large segment of the GOP base at the failure of Republicans in Congress to reverse the policies of the Obama administration over the past six and a half years. Likewise, Bernie Sanders’ success in closing the gap between himself and Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton is probably attributable to his ability to tap into liberal anger over the failure of President Obama and congressional Democrats to overcome Republican opposition to policies such as raising the minimum wage, addressing climate change, and regulating Wall Street.

Despite their early successes, however, Trump and Sanders are still seen as long shots to win their party’s nominations, and the data from 2012 suggest that once the nomination contests have been decided, partisans will redirect their anger at the opposing party and its nominee. What we have seen in recent general elections in the U.S. is that what matters most to voters is not whom you love, but whom you loathe. No matter who wins the Democratic and Republican nominations next year, we can expect anger at the opposing party’s candidate to run high, and we can expect both parties’ nominees to seek to tap into this anger in order to energize and mobilize their supporters. It promises to be a long and nasty campaign.

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/the-angry-american-voter/

Yep, and it is not at all clear that any idea that Trump is not fit for the job will prevent people from marking Trump as an act of voting against Hillary. I do think that the feeling that we have been fucked over by establishment incompetence, the refusal to reform, and the refusal to listen to us...that anger, will propel Trump into the chair regardless of his short comings. And lets remember that Trump is the most liberal person to run as an R in a long time, I think he will get a good slice of Sanders supporters once he drops out. Or maybe it goes the other way, Sanders picks up Trump supporters (me for instance) if Trump drops out. That is a radical opinion, few agree with me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 03:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

For snood and Frank, two who cant get in through their heads that I represent a huge chunk of the American people with my support of Trump. My reasons for supporting him are mainstream. Ignoring us, mocking us, telling us to shut up is not going to make us go away. Or shut up.

Okay...you get your jollies from insulting America. We all know that.

But to suggest YOU represent a huge chunk of the American people is really going too far. Unless, of course, the insult was an accident...to a joke you were trying to present.

The joke worked.

YOU represent a huge chunk of the American people!

Although...there is Appalachia and bowling alleys...and trailer parks.