gungasnake

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 03:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Although...there is Appalachia and bowling alleys...and trailer parks.

As compared to the more enlightened sort of areas where democrats live...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQSDLPLY5l8

0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 04:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

You got a problem with Appalachia Frank?
Frank Apisa

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 04:28 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

You got a problem with Appalachia Frank?

Not at all.

Nor with trailer parks or bowling alleys.

We've got a guy right here in A2K...who represents them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 04:30 pm
@ohioboy24,
Glad you chose here. Those were well written posts, and past that, I agree with them.
0 Replies

danny260

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 07:12 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh no, I have not served. By patriot, I meant I have a strong desire to serve this country and give back. I hope to serve one day in the USN in the next 3-4 years. I am a college student in one of the projects as you may have read about in one of the posts on this page. Regardless, I support and respect everything you and your brother's in arms have sacrificed and done. Sorry for any confusion!
0 Replies

danny260

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 07:22 pm
@McGentrix,
I agree. I think immigration is bad for this country basically for the same reasons you do. In my opinion, I believe American citizens need that opportunity to live the American dream. Our families have established roots here, worked hard for so much, and gave us (at least for me) a great life so far. And I also agree about the crime aspect of it. As you said, not every immigrant is a rapist or thief, but not every immigrant is coming to live that dream either.
hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 07:29 pm
@ohioboy24,
ohioboy24 wrote:

Agree completely. His immigration policies are absurd, thats a given.

Wrong

Quote:
Trump does, however, get praise for including some ideas that deserve deeper discussion.

The government has a voluntary program called e-Verify, where employers check an employee's Social Security number to make sure he's legitimate. Trump wants to take e-Verify national and make it mandatory, as a way to eliminate the magnet of jobs.

"I think that a mandatory verification system is an important part of immigration enforcement," said Doris Meissner, a former immigration commissioner under President Clinton. She now works for the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute. "And I think that's one of the interesting things about his proposal is that he mentions it. But there's just a short sentence. It doesn't tell us anything about how you actually would do it."

Despite their shortcomings, Mark Krikorian says Trump's immigration recommendations are the most thorough of any Republican contender, next to Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who supported the Senate's comprehensive immigration plan.

Krikorian is the executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, which calls for stricter immigration laws. He is no Trump fan, but gives him credit for bringing immigration to the forefront in this campaign.

"Individually, as a citizen, I would not want this guy to be president," Krikorian said. "I mean, look, he's a bloviating megalomaniac. But he has, in fact, made a significant contribution to the immigration debate. We are now debating policy issues that nobody wanted to or cared to talk about before. So that's all to the good in my opinion."

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/08/20/432934599/how-realistic-is-donald-trumps-immigration-plan

You cant put the tag "trash" on Trumps immigration ideas and discard without consideration. Not if you are an educated man, but considering that it appears that you are at an American university that is not particularly likely.
hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 07:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
But Trump’s calls to end birthright citizenship, erect an impenetrable border fence and triple the number of immigration agents are also finding a broader audience. Polls show him with strong support across Republican demographics.

Several leading groups that advocate for stricter immigration enforcement, including Numbers U.S.A. and Californians for Population Stabilization, report that their organizations have seen an uptick in Facebook and Web traffic in recent months.

“People are waking up,” said Toni Holle, 60, a tea party activist from Chino Hills. “I think some people were afraid to say that they were against illegal immigration because, you know, you don’t want to be called a racist. With Donald Trump at the forefront, people feel more at ease stepping out with their views. I think people are willing to stand up and say, ‘No more.’”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/la-na-immigration-politics-20150826-story.html

Boy, we are sure seeing this in Germany, where people have felt like they could not say what they really believed on the subject, and so the elite are clueless about where the people are. As Merkel is losing support due to her immigration idiocy the elite are finding out. What the people want matters.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 07:41 pm
@danny260,
My state, California, was built by natives under pressure and immigrants. And a batch of people from Iowa,
0 Replies

danny260

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 08:13 pm
@monizla,
One thing I strongly agree with here is Trump's vagueness on how exactly he will implement all of these policy plans if elected. This is one strong reason I believe why people are so hesitant to support him, and more importantly, trust him. If he wants to gain the trust of the American people, he needs to come up with realistic steps he would take and go into detail on them so that he can come off as having an ideal "plan."
hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 08:20 pm
@danny260,
danny260 wrote:

One thing I strongly agree with here is Trump's vagueness on how exactly he will implement all of these policy plans if elected. He is not an expert, He hires experts. This is one strong reason I believe why people are so hesitant to support him, He is winning and more importantly, trust him. We dont trust Clinton either, so if it comes down to them it does not matter If he wants to gain the trust of the American people, he needs to come up with realistic steps he would take and go into detail on them so that he can come off as having an ideal "plan." Trust is hard to gain, he will need to do it on the job
monizla

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 08:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
@hawkeye10
I think the fact that "He hires experts" is a huge problem with his campaign, he's trying to take the reigns of presidency at treat a nation like a company. From a business standpoint it might benefit him to have illegal immigrants taken out of the picture, but as we've seen in the past, people who have more experience running a company than a country are doomed to fail at the polls.

Though we don't trust either candidates at this point, isn't it a little unrealistic to completely remove your chance of getting the votes from a minority in the first months of your campaign? He may be in the lead now, but I feel we'll see that he will fall out of the running when a more realistic republican candidate comes to the table.
hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 09:07 pm
@monizla,
Quote:
but I feel we'll see that he will fall out of the running when a more realistic republican candidate comes to the table.
It is not likely that you get more choices. Maybe Bloomberg.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 09:28 pm
@monizla,
monizla wrote:

@hawkeye10
I think the fact that "He hires experts" is a huge problem with his campaign, he's trying to take the reigns of presidency at treat a nation like a company. From a business standpoint it might benefit him to have illegal immigrants taken out of the picture, but as we've seen in the past, people who have more experience running a company than a country are doomed to fail at the polls.

Though we don't trust either candidates at this point, isn't it a little unrealistic to completely remove your chance of getting the votes from a minority in the first months of your campaign? He may be in the lead now, but I feel we'll see that he will fall out of the running when a more realistic republican candidate comes to the table.

The Presidents cabinet is a panel of experts. That's what they do.
Builder

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 09:46 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:

Marketing dicks have about the same public appeal as used car sales folk, who rate slightly higher than politicians.

Donald Trump married two foreigners, who both used their anchor babies to gain residency. He's currently involved in a lengthy legal battle regarding a demolition co using slave(sorry) illegal immigrants to demolish a building where Trump towers now stands.
RABEL222

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 09:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
You are not very informed on this subject, clearly.

Thank you. This coming from someone like you means I am a veritable genus.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 09:57 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:

Marketing dicks have about the same public appeal as used car sales folk, who rate slightly higher than politicians.

Donald Trump married two foreigners, who both used their anchor babies to gain residency. He's currently involved in a lengthy legal battle regarding a demolition co using slave(sorry) illegal immigrants to demolish a building where Trump towers now stands.

Sorry you feel that way. Maybe if you knew things like laws you'd feel better about him.

When you marry a US citizen, citizenship usually follows. Neither of Trumps wives used their babies for citizenship. But, your little tantrum makes better copy, huh?
Builder

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 10:02 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Sorry you feel that way.
Maybe if you knew things like laws you'd feel better about him.

Who? Donald? I'm wondering why you don't actually have statesmen in the USA who want to improve the nation for all people.

Quote:
When you marry a US citizen, citizenship usually follows.

No, depends on what state you call home.

Quote:
But, your little tantrum makes better copy, huh?

I'm having a quiet day at home. It's a concern for everyone that people think the US is going to be better off with a chronic narcissist at the helm.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 10:08 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Neither of Trumps wives used their babies for citizenship. But, your little tantrum makes better copy, huh?

using terms one clearly does not understand is never good. Nor is lying, so often we hear the Trump is anti immigrants. No he is not, he is anti criminal.
Builder

Mon 2 Nov, 2015 10:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
...so often we hear the Trump is anti immigrants. No he is not, he is anti criminal.

That's hillarious. He's skating on thin ice all the time.