parados

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:01 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

No, you forget that they knew that Bin Laden was responsible for the first attempt on the World Trade Center in 93.

Really? Do you have evidence to back that up? Preferably some evidence from before 2000.

This is from Wiki on the first bombing of WTC.
Quote:
None of the U.S. government's indictments against former al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden suggested that he had any connection with this bombing.[28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing

I didn't forget Bin Laden was responsible for the first bombing of the WTC. It seems you manufactured facts out of nothing.

cicerone imposter

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:02 pm
@parados,
Good catch parados.
revelette2

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:51 pm
The man just can't keep his mouth shut.

Trump: Clinton's Secret Service should disarm, 'see what happens to her'
cicerone imposter

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 08:08 pm
@revelette2,
Only a Donald Trump gets away with suggesting that somebody shoot Hillary. Why isn't the media saying anything about this suggestion by Trump that the second amendment people should shoot her, because she's trying to take away their rights.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 08:34 pm
@AC14747,
After the WTC truck bombing in 1993, Pres Clinton no doubt ordered his intelligence agencies to try to pinpoint bin Laden's location.
5 years later he ordered cruise missile strikes on Al-Qaeda terror bases in Afghanistan, better late than never..
0 Replies

AC14747

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 03:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
No it's not a good catch. As usual parados is wrong.

US intelligence agencies already made the connection between the planners of the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center and Osama bin Laden:

In a July 1993 intelligence report, the CIA notes that Osama bin Laden has been paying to train members of the Egyptian militant group Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya in Sudan, where he lives. The CIA privately concludes he is an important terrorist financier (see 1993). In August 1993, the State Department sees links between bin Laden and the “Blind Sheikh,” Sheikh Omar Abdul-Rahman (see August 1993), who leads Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya and was recently arrested in the US (see July 3, 1993). A State Department report comments that bin Laden seems “committed to financing ‘Jihads’ against ‘anti-Islamic’ regimes worldwide.

911 Commission, Final report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, 109, 479

The blind Sheik was the uncle of Yousef who lit the fuse on the bomb in 93 at the World Trade Center. Yousef later denied having known Osama Bin Laden but it was showed that he had met with him in Pakistan.

Oh and by the way the United States indicted Osama Bin Laden in June of 1998 for terrorist activities against Americans.

And also mr. Cicerone you have had several opportunities to comment on my reply you know which one I'm talking about I will assume since you have neglected to do so that I must have hit a nerve and you know I'm right so why don't you just admit it.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 04:04 am
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r589/duadmin/160916-birther-whitewash_zps5rksm1gn.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 04:33 am
So, some DC insiders are indicating Trump is raging behind the scenes right now

No links, these are just well connected people I personally know. Yeah, yeah anonymous person on the internet, so up to you if you want to believe me. Hopefully, my track record has earned the trust of at least a few DUers. Anyway, in list form:

-He is apparently extremely angry at Conway and has given her an ultimatum to fix the mess he feels she made (Why we're now seeing frantic birther press releases coming from his campaign now)

-He didn't want to do this and never wanted to give an answer on Obama's nationality. He was "bribed" with doing it by his team by being given assurances he'd get free advertisement for his new hotel if he held a major announcement there

-Very angry at the tone the media has taken in the aftermath and feels they're targeting him

-Especially livid that the hotel footage was not only not shown but actually erased.

-Is asking to have surrogates accuse the media of censorship of news because of the erased footage and wants to ban the media pool pretty much completely other than those he know are friendly to him

Edit: I apparently missed this, Hugh Hewitt already floating censorship angle:

So I argued w/ @realDonaldTrump and @mike_pence to allow everyone in, and advocated for pool. Now pool censoring news. Just wow. MSM melting
https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/776858666196762626
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 04:40 am
0 Replies

parados

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 06:45 am
@AC14747,
Nothing in that paragraph that says Osama was responsible for the first WTC bombing. It only states that AFTER the bombing they may have found some links to the group that was led by an uncle of the bomber with Osama providing financial support for training. Bombing in Feb. Financial support after that.

This is what you claimed...
Quote:
Bin Laden was responsible for the first attempt on the World Trade Center in 93.
Nothing there about Bin Laden being responsible for the bombing. Because Osama knew someone that knew someone that was related to one of the bombers in no way makes him responsible.

Quote:
Oh and by the way the United States indicted Osama Bin Laden in June of 1998 for terrorist activities against Americans.

Yes and that has nothing to do with the 1993 WTC bombing.
https://fas.org/irp/news/1998/11/98110602_nlt.html

It seems you are determined to keep lying about what the facts actually are.
revelette2

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 07:35 am
Poll: Clinton leads as voters shrug off health scare
0 Replies

parados

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 08:29 am
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

Yeah but he punked out when it came to whacking Usama bin Laden... twice. Everybody blames Bush for the wars but if Bill had whacked ubl we wouldn't have had 911

It seems you prefer to rewrite history completely.

Clinton launched a missile strike to try to get Osama in 1998. The GOP at the time accused him of wagging the dog and questioned the timing of going after Osama. Now you want to blame him for not going after him?

You guys should look to history before you make such idiotic statements about what did and didn't happen.
reasoning logic

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 08:38 am
@parados,
Quote:
It only states that AFTER the bombing they
may have found some links to the group that was led by an uncle of the bomber with Osama providing financial support for training.

Did they word it as if they were not sure or did they find a link?

Let me guess You think that the nephew may have had a different ideology than his uncle and did not need any funding from Osama or others so he could try and blow up the trade center.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 08:49 am
@parados,
^^^see above^^^

If it doesn't fit their narrative it gets edited out.

0 Replies

High Strangeness

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 08:50 am
Before 9/11 the world was a different place and they tended to let Bin Laden spout this stuff -

"We--with Allah's help--call on every Muslim who believes in Allah and wishes to be rewarded to comply with Allah's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson" -Feb. 1998 edict

"We declared jihad against the US government, because the US government is unjust, criminal and tyrannical. It has committed acts that are extremely unjust, hideous and criminal whether directly or through its support of the Israeli occupation." - to CNN in March 1997

" For the American forces to expect anything from me personally reflects a very narrow perception. Thousands of millions of Muslims are angry. The Americans should expect reactions from the Muslim world that are proportionate to the injustice they inflict" -in Time Magazine Dec 1998.

Responding to the question "are you trying to acquire chemical and nuclear weapons?"-
"Acquiring weapons for the defense of Muslims is a religious duty. If I have indeed acquired these weapons, then I thank Allah for enabling me to do so. And if I seek to acquire these weapons, I am carrying out a duty. It would be a sin for Muslims not to try to possess the weapons that would prevent the infidels from inflicting harm on Muslims." -to Time Magazine Dec 1998
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 09:27 am
Quote:
A look at some of Trump's economic claims and how they compare with the facts:

TRUMP: "If we just save one penny of each federal dollar spent on nondefense and non-entitlement programs, we can save almost $1 trillion over the next decade. One penny, we can all do that."

THE FACTS: It's far from that simple. Trump only has about a third of the budget to work with, because he's vowing to protect the vast areas of spending in the other two-thirds. The cuts he's actually talking about would add up to about 25 percent over the 10 years, compared with what would happen with future spending under current law, calculates the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

Those cuts are "potentially drastic," the committee says in its analysis of the Penny Plan, and Trump did not spell out what they would be.

The chunk of spending he would target — known as non-military discretionary spending — covers health programs, education, the environment, public works, energy and almost everything else the government does, apart from the huge entitlement programs and Pentagon spending. And the cuts would come as the country grapples with rising health costs and an aging population.

If the country bites the bullet and accepts severe cuts, would that really save $1 trillion in a decade? Not quite, but in the ballpark.

The group's analysis estimates savings of $700 to $800 billion. "Still," it says, "implementing the proposal would be quite difficult without eliminating or dramatically scaling back several government functions, and we would encourage the Trump campaign to identify where at least some of these cuts would come from."

TRUMP, on 14 million people leaving the workforce during Obama's presidency: "My economic plan rejects the cynicism that says our labor force will keep declining."

THE FACTS: It's not cynicism that's the problem, it's mostly aging.

Roughly 10,000 baby boomers turn 65 every day, and many of them retire. That reduces the number of Americans working or looking for work and limits how fast the economy can grow. Fewer people working translates into slower growth. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that the labor force participation rate will be 60.2 percent in 2026, down from 62.8 percent today, based partly on population trends.

To be sure, aging isn't the only factor. The proportion of Americans in their prime working years — from age 25 through 54 — who have jobs or are looking for work is still about 1.5 percentage points below pre-recession levels. Some have given up looking, while others have joined the disability rolls.

It's also true that the number of Americans outside the workforce has increased to 94 million from about 80 million when Obama was inaugurated. That also reflects increasing retirements, and the rising likelihood that those aged 16 through 24 will stay in school rather than seek work.

___

TRUMP: "Over the next 10 years, our economic team estimates that under our plan, the economy will average 3.5 percent growth and create a total of 25 million new jobs."

THE FACTS: That sounds like a lot, but it's the current pace of job growth, which is a little slower than in 2014 and 2015.

In the past 12 months ending in August, the U.S. economy has added nearly 2.5 million jobs — the same annual pace Trump is promising. In 2015, the economy added 2.7 million, and the year before that, 3 million. Those were the two best years of hiring since 1998-99.

Trump's goal, then, could be quite realistic, but it might be hard to square with his declaration that his plan is "the most pro-growth, pro-jobs, pro-family plan put forth perhaps in the history of our country."

___

TRUMP: "I believe the Fed is very political, it's become very political."

THE FACTS: Trump offered no evidence to back up this assertion. It's the Federal Reserve's job to help make the economy better, and to the extent that happens, political leaders and their party may benefit. But presidents can't make the Fed, an independent agency, do anything

The Fed, under chairman Ben Bernanke and his successor and current chairwoman, Janet Yellen, has attracted controversy by pegging the short-term interest rate it controls to nearly zero for seven years. After one increase in December, it is still ultra-low at between 0.25 percent and 0.5 percent, a rate that some economists worry could spark a stock-market bubble or inflation. Bernanke was initially appointed by Republican President George W. Bush, and reappointed by Obama.

It's not unusual for those unhappy with Fed policy to see political motives at work — and those critics might not always be wrong.

In 1993, for example, Fed chairman Alan Greenspan sat next to first lady Hillary Clinton during Bill Clinton's speech to a joint session of Congress, in a move widely interpreted as support for Clinton's deficit reduction policies.

___

source
izzythepush

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 09:31 am
@revelette2,
I don't think his supporters are interested in facts, they've bought into a peculiarly twisted world view, they'll believe whatever it is he tells them because they want to believe it.
revelette2

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 09:37 am
Trump reportedly talks about his daughter in a creepy way but it got edited out in his Dr. Oz appearance. It could be innocent but given his previous statements, it just comes off as creepy to me.

'Dr. Oz Show' cut Trump remarks about kissing Ivanka: report

Quote:
"The Dr. Oz Show" reportedly edited out the portion of an interview Donald Trump where the GOP presidential nominee talked about how often he likes to kiss his 34-year-old daughter Ivanka.

Trump's appearance on the show was filmed Wednesday and aired Thursday. During the interview, Ivanka Trump came onstage and kissed both her dad and host Mehmet Oz.

When Oz commented on Ivanka Trump's kiss, her father said he kisses her "as often as I can," according to reports.

Quote:
Jennifer Jacabs ON KISSING: Ivanka kissed Dr. Oz & her dad. Oz commented on kiss. Trump said he kisses her "as often as I can," audience tells

In 2006, Trump was criticized for discussing whether his daughter would ever pose for Playboy magazine during an appearance with his daughter on "The View."

"It would be really disappointing - not really - but it would depend on what's inside the magazine," he said. "I don't think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure."

"I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her," he added.

Trump's representatives released a statement after the episode aired to clarify that he was joking about dating his daughter.

"[Trump] was absolutely joking," the statement said. "He was making fun of himself for his tendency to date younger women."
revelette2

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 09:39 am
@izzythepush,
You're more than likely right, however, there might someone reading in these threads who hasn't commented and might not have made up their minds. You never know.
izzythepush

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 09:41 am
@revelette2,
There'll always be some don't knows walking into the ballot box.