North Korea: What to do?

JTT

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 07:30 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
In the meantime I suggest you look up the rules for using capitals ...

Why would I need to do that when you're the "writer"?
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 07:51 pm
Good morning, FBM. I think it is morning there by now.
The BBC, in a report, talks about "live fire" in the SK/USA exercises. That is a change from earlier reports I have seen.
The entire story has kind of faded off the radar here in the states. The U.S. is miffed at China for not doing more to tamp this down.
I am sorry that your thread has been somewhat drowned out by posters intent on screaming at each other. That is, trust me on this, routine here. Please realize that there are viewers who scroll through that crap and look forward to your observations based on your many years in the region.
We look forward to your posts. Drive on. -Johnboy
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 07:51 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Do you hear that South Korea? JTT says suck it up because the USA has bombed Korea, so the DPRK is acting perfectly normal.

How do you think that the USA would act if China had all sorts of war materiel sitting in Canada and floating around the Grand Banks and Vancouver Island?

Oh yeah, obviously if China had it's navy parked next to Canada, we'd totally be shelling the hell out of British Columbia. Rolling Eyes

That's why North Korea shot rockets on South Korea, because the US Navy is in the Yellow Sea! Rolling Eyes

JTT wrote:

Consider how the USA reacted when only 2800 were killed.

This has zero to do with the DPRK firing on South Korea.

JTT wrote:

Quote:
Stop trying to make this incident about the USA. We both know it has nothing to do with it. The USA has a shitty history of installing brutal totalitarians into power, but in this case, North Korea has the former USSR to thank for its madmen.

To suggest that the USA has nothing to do with this is disingenuous in the extreme, Art.

So the USA was firing the rockets at the island? You're being a dumb zealot.

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:20 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
Oh yeah, obviously if China had it's navy parked next to Canada, we'd totally be shelling the hell out of British Columbia.

That's why North Korea shot rockets on South Korea, because the US Navy is in the Yellow Sea!

And to complete the scenario, Canada would be aligned with China. Why this would have to be pointed out to a whiz kid like you is beyond me.

Quote:
This has zero to do with the DPRK firing on South Korea.

I guess I'll have to bow to your insider track at the DoD. Rolling Eyes

It has much to do with it. There's ample and completely justifiable reasons why NK doesn't trust the USA. 30 percent of their 1950s citizenry butchered by the USA. How did you miss that part?

Quote:
The history of the 1950s Korean confirms that extensive war crimes were committed against the Korean people. As confirmed by the statement of General Curtis Lemay:

"Over a period of three years or so we killed off - what - twenty percent of the population."

North Korea lost thirty percent of its population as a result of US led bombings in the 1950s. US military sources confirm that 20 percent of North Korea's population was killed off over a three period of intensive bombings:

"After destroying North Korea's 78 cities and thousands of her villages, and killing countless numbers of her civilians, [General] LeMay remarked, "Over a period of three years or so we killed off - what - twenty percent of the population."1 It is now believed that the population north of the imposed 38th Parallel lost nearly a third its population of 8 - 9 million people during the 37-month long "hot" war, 1950 - 1953, perhaps an unprecedented percentage of mortality suffered by one nation due to the belligerance of another."

Hell, those are ample and completely justifiable reasons why no one should trust the USA, not even their own citizens. The US are compulsive liars and even with Obama, it seems that things haven't changed.
Ionus

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:30 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Quote:
Has North Korea ever admitted to war crimes?
I don't know,
Of course you dont know. You are prejudiced and biased, and are also a racist.....funny how they go together.
Ionus

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:32 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Quote:
In the meantime I suggest you look up the rules for using capitals ...
Why would I need to do that when you're the "writer"?
Oh, I dont know.....maybe so you dont make a fool of yourself and make me feel like a bully for debating you.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:34 pm
@JTT,
If North Korea trusts or does not trust the USA is immaterial to this. The DPRK didn't fire on the USA, they fired on South Korea. You trying to justify their actions by making this some legitimate show of defense by North Korea is completely void of the facts.

This isn't about North Korea sticking up for itself against the big bad USA. It's about an internal conflict in the DPRK. It's a sign that their government is held together by threads.

As someone who claims to see through all the propaganda, you seem very eager to promote plenty of it here. In this case that NK was justified in firing in SK. You hypocrite.

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:35 pm
@Ionus,
Notice how you've avoided the references which have clearly shown the war crimes of the USA, war crimes admitted by C Lemay, but you still endeavor to go off on these silly little tangents.
Ionus

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:36 pm
@failures art,
Well said Arty. I think we all know the lack of reason and the strong racism in JustaTyranicalTirade's postings.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:39 pm
@JTT,
You talk about war crimes committed by one side and any attempt to discuss war crimes by BOTH sides results in shock and awe from you. The silly little tangent was actually the main discussion point. North Korea killed civilians. Do you read the news or just comment on it ?
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:47 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
You trying to justify their actions by making this some legitimate show of defense by North Korea is completely void of the facts.

Are you so sure of your facts, Art.

What country is taking part in these military exercises with South Korea?

Quote:

North and South Korea—on the Brink of War?

BCC News reported, “Pyongyang claims that it returned fire after South Korean marines on the island opened fire first, refusing to cease even when the North protested via telephone (itself, an unusual step).”

http://www.realtruth.org/news/101126-002-asia.html

JTT

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:50 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
North Korea killed civilians.

The USA butchered 30% of the population of 1950s North Korea. That was a war crime of massive proportions.

You want to know how many more that would be over the 2 civilians reported to have been killed in this incident.
FBM

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:54 pm
"opened fire" doesn't necessarily mean that they were aiming north. That's an annual drill conducted in the same place every time, with the South aiming away from NK waters. The South says they give advance notice as part of their protocol.

I wasn't there, so I'm not asserting knowledge of what happened. All sides involved have a vested interest in slanting the facts to their political favor. I'm interested in what's going to happen next much more than why what happened happened.
FBM

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:00 pm
Right. Now NK is deploying SAMs and other missles near the border. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11855162
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:07 pm
@FBM,
What happened often points to what may happen. We all know what happened after huge dumps of specious information into a compliant US media, Iraq and Afghanistan and maybe a million dead.

This is verrrrry verrry interesting.

Quote:
North Korea: Who Sank the Cheonan? Who Sank the US Atomic Submarine?
The sinking of the US submarine was not reported

by Tanaka Sakai

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22132
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:09 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
The USA butchered 30% of the population of 1950s North Korea. That was a war crime of massive proportions. You want to know how many more that would be over the 2 civilians reported to have been killed in this incident.
What happened to the NK war crimes ? Conveniently forgiven ? I take it you dont object to war crimes, only to the number killed ? What about two civilians in peace time killed by artillery shells by a belligerant NK ? Do you live in North Vietnam or North Korea ? Your anti-american stance makes me wonder about where you live.
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:11 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
"opened fire" doesn't necessarily mean that they were aiming north. That's an annual drill conducted in the same place every time, with the South aiming away from NK waters. The South says they give advance notice as part of their protocol.

[Unconfirmed]

Quote:
While North Korean leader Kim Jong Il is a madman, and while North Korea was the first to kill anyone in today's skirmish, it was actually the South Koreans who fired first.

As AP notes:

The skirmish began when Pyongyang [i.e. North Korea] warned the South to halt military drills in the area, according to South Korean officials. When Seoul [i.e. South Korea] refused and began firing artillery into disputed waters, albeit away from the North Korean shore, the North retaliated by bombarding the small island of Yeonpyeong, which houses South Korean military installations....
And see this.

In addition, the two South Koreans killed were marines, not civilians, stationed in a military town.

Obviously, firing artillery into the water and actually killing people are very different, and I am in no way defending North Korea or its crazy leader. I am simply trying to point out that the headlines can't be taken in a vacuum.

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22066

JTT

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:13 pm
@Ionus,
Your inane musings makes me wonder about your sanity.
Ionus

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:20 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Your inane musings makes me wonder about your sanity.
You attack and vilify the USA because of your mental health issues and yet you see the problem, but see it in me..... Very Happy

I get the impression you are an ageing english translator in North Vietnam or North Korea.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:21 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
You trying to justify their actions by making this some legitimate show of defense by North Korea is completely void of the facts.

Are you so sure of your facts, Art.

What country is taking part in these military exercises with South Korea?

Quote:

North and South Korea—on the Brink of War?

BCC News reported, “Pyongyang claims that it returned fire after South Korean marines on the island opened fire first, refusing to cease even when the North protested via telephone (itself, an unusual step).”

http://www.realtruth.org/news/101126-002-asia.html

Pyongyang is desperately trying to manage this situation they created. They are looking for any excuse to justify what they did to cover the fact that they are losing control. They love people like you who are so eager to find any way to blame the USA. You're really pathetic.

I already mentioned the USNavy's presence in the Yellow Sea. Catch up. I already knew that we were there. None of this justifies NK's attack on SK. For you, I suppose it does. But you're just as vile and desire the exact kind of violence that you claim to despise. You just think it's different because you feel morally superior to Americans, and when Americans die to you it's just desserts. Never mind that it wasn't even Americans that died--they were Koreans--you've got to make the USA the center of all geopolitical conflicts.

You claim to be some sort of champion on peace, but you're just cheering for war like the rest. Such a hypocrite.

A
R
T