North Korea: What to do?

failures art

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 07:52 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Yeah, that was from May. What international response happened? None. Obviously it was not actually high on the priority totem for US to address. Your selective argument falls on its ass. The attack on the Cheonan did not lead to either the US or SK attacking NK.

You forgot to discuss the incredible hypocrisy, little Art.

The dishonesty is pretending that the sinking of Cheonan brought on some sort of attack by the USA and SK. No such conflict ever materialized, so what point is there in comparing it to anything? You seem to take greater offense at this theoretical attack by the USA than you take offense to the very real attack by North Korea.

That is hypocrisy.

A
R
T
FBM

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 07:56 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

That's peanuts, FBM, in comparison, saaaay, ... to USA terrorism against Cuba.

Sorry, dude. Whereas you and I agree on several things, I don't want to chase red herrings on this thread.

Quote:
Of course, we both agree that North Korea should stop supporting terrorists just as the USA should stop supporting terrorists, right?

Yes, but it's still a red herring in this thread, which was intended to be about what's happening with North Korea, not Cuba, and about the US-NK relationship, not the US-Cuba relationship or the US's history of subversive behavior, which I have no doubt is plentiful. It's just a different topic, a red herring.

Quote:
...anything to show US terrorist actions against North Korea?

I'm not privvy to that sort of info, but there was the USS Pueblo incident. At worst, though, that was simply spying, not terrorism. Not sure how the US could terrorize the NK public, which is what terrorism means: terrorizing.

Ionus

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:02 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
And little Artie has already forgotten his principled stand against aggression.
And JustaTyranicalTirade has forgotten her stand against aggression unless it is by the USA retaliating.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:04 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
let's do get some perspective here.

Very Happy You did say perspective, didnt you ? Very Happy You have defended Stalin to run down the USA.....
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:04 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
The dishonesty is pretending that the sinking of Cheonan brought on some sort of attack by the USA and SK.

No, that's hardly the dishonesty, Art, because I never pretended anything of the sort. You are just making things up. That's lying, Art.

What's really dishonest, beyond your bald faced lies, is how you have completely avoided the point I raised. And you even know that you've done this yet you continue to try to play it out.

=================================

Clinton says North Korean attack on ship will not go 'unanswered'

In a blunt statement after meeting with Japanese Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada, Clinton said the United States "strongly condemns" the North Korean attack and that both countries would seek an international response.

"Let me be clear," Clinton said in her first public comments since South Korea released a report on Thursday formally blaming the North for the torpedo strike. "This will not be and cannot be business as usual."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/21/AR2010052101077.html

This is the kind of hypocritical tripe that constantly flows from the mouth of America.

A million people dead in Iraq, an illegal invasion still in progress but it's still business as usual for the USA, Bush and all the other war criminals are still making money off their crimes, still walking around free, still being stroked by the US citizenry.

Just for Artie: an attack on another country's ships and the deaths of 46 Korean sailors needs to be addressed but really, folks, let's do get some perspective here.

failures art

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:06 pm
@FBM,
On that note FBM, welcome to A2K.

Your posts from SK about public support for action against NK were interesting reads, have any that argue otherwise? Who is the opposition in SK to this sentiment? Can you share some more local perspective?

I remember reading no so long ago about people who have their families divided by the two countries. I imagine that many of them would be very hesitant to launch an attack on the DPRK for fear of their families becoming caught up in the crossfire etc).

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:12 pm
@FBM,
It actually is pertinent, FBM, because it illustrates the character of the USA. It shows that while it pretends that it has noble intentions, it really doesn't care at all about the people of either north or south.

I don't and didn't intend that the discussion turn to Cuba but the US is a central player in this, and the role of this central player is one of total hypocrisy, hypocrisy which you yourself have noted.
failures art

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:18 pm
@JTT,
What's the point of your article JTT? It only points out the idiocy of your objection. Obviously the attack on the Cheonan did go unanswered. Posting this article as a means to claim disgust at the USA is stupid. You drum up some hysteria about the US's response being hypocritical, but ignore that no such response ever materialized. Meanwhile, you rationalize NK's actions. NK doesn't like the USA, and so you seem pretty eager to rush to their defense. Facts be damned. Principles too: You who

You don't give a damn about Korea, you just want to talk about the USA.

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:24 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
What's the point of your article JTT?

A wonderful pretense continued, Art. Pretense is just another way to describe lying, albeit, in a slightly less pointed fashion.
Ionus

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:29 pm
@JTT,
Does anything exist in your world apart from yourself and war crimes ? How are things with you in the Gaza strip now ?
JTT

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:31 pm
@Ionus,
Is this yet another admission that you lied?

No mention of breasts. You must have taken your medication.
Ionus

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:37 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
No mention of breasts.
By all means tell us about USA war crimes where they have cut off the breasts of breast feeding women....you get all hot just thinking about it dont you, you sick ****. Tell us how Stalin is anice guy, that all crime comes from the USA......then tell us about your life in the Gaza strip.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:52 pm
Well, I've had enough JTT time for a while. His contributions aren't anything worth begging for, and I'm not going to bother trying to convince him to give the real topic its proper respect.

I'll note that one of the large take away's from the wikileaks so far is how China views NK, and it further supports my theory (amongst others).

A
R
T
FBM

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 09:04 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

On that note FBM, welcome to A2K.

Thanks, Art.

Quote:
Your posts from SK about public support for action against NK were interesting reads, have any that argue otherwise? Who is the opposition in SK to this sentiment? Can you share some more local perspective?

I mentioned earlier that the current prez and his crew have bought up editorial control over the major news media, so there's not much in the news about opposition to the govt's official word right now. I can only guess that the opponents to the idea of a stronger military response would be from big business (which would stand to lose in the short run), religious quarters, pacifists and so forth. But I admit that this is an assumption.

Quote:
I remember reading no so long ago about people who have their families divided by the two countries. I imagine that many of them would be very hesitant to launch an attack on the DPRK for fear of their families becoming caught up in the crossfire etc).

A
R
T

Yeah, that's true, but those who still have close relatives in the North are a tiny, ageing minority. When you see pics and vids of them in the reunions, they all look to have one foot in the grave. And if you look at it the other way, those who do have family up there may just as well see it as an opportunity to reunite with them.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 09:09 pm
@failures art,
(I have been today "virtually" in Egypt watching the election there. It could get ugly.
I play on-line scrabble. I am not good at the game, but I have played folks from 100+ countries. I have developed relationships with a number of them, perhaps 60 from all over the place whom I know by "name," including two or so from Egypt. The news tonight could potentially be ominous. Watch the news from there.)
FBM

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 09:11 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

...it pretends that it has noble intentions, it really doesn't care at all about the people...

Name 5 countries (governments, really) with any discernible clout in the world that don't fit that description. Can you say that NK is innocent of those charges?

Quote:
I don't and didn't intend that the discussion turn to Cuba but the US is a central player in this, and the role of this central player is one of total hypocrisy, hypocrisy which you yourself have noted.

I agree that the US is often hypocritical, just like most governments. My point is that it's a red herring to the OP because it's attempting to derail a discussion of the current military tension in Korea to a discussion of the US's worldwide history of hegemony. It deserves a small footnote, at most.

I'm not a mod and can't/don't wish to control any content here, but I'd appreciate it if we could keep somewhat on topic and try to focus on the Korean issue. Please?
Ionus

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 09:18 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
I play on-line scrabble.......I have played folks from 100+ countries.
Scrabble in 100+ languages.....that is ridiculous...the whole point in playing scrabble is to cheat....how are you going to applaud the intelligent cheats if everyone can get away with cheating ? Very Happy
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 09:47 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

... try to focus on the Korean issue. Please?

My apologies for wandering off to talking about Egypt. Back on the topic of the Koreas.
FBM

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 09:57 pm
@realjohnboy,
(I didn't read it, anyway. Wink )
Ionus

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 09:58 pm
@FBM,
You know in the popular mind Egypt, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and Korea are probably all neighbours.