Would you forgive your partner if he/she cheated?

Caroline

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:02 pm
@Lash,
Oh she paid alright, we went to the same school and I hated her just about up til I left she was a prat anyway and he's a loser but I did love him at the time. But getting back to your point, I'm always surprised when the woman blames the other woman what are they blind Lash? I never understood it.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:03 pm
@hingehead,
Yeah it was a horrible experience and when I found out she said it was her best friend, Biiiiiiiiiiatch.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:05 pm
@Lash,
Diane knows where my guns are and also (she lies about this) knows where the ammo is. What, me cheat?
Caroline

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:06 pm
@dyslexia,
Lol, take care of them balls! Smile
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:22 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

Awhile ago I was in a thread about infidelity and a user named dumbwife forgave her husband for a string of affairs. My question is in the title, would you forgive your partner if he/she cheated, could you forgive them more than once even if you knew for sure that he/she wouldn't do it again, what are you reasons for forgiving or leaving? I find it very hard to trust again but thank goodness I haven't had to deal with cheating in my current relationship, I think I might forgive depending on the circumstances although I would find it very difficult but if you love someone you want to forgive them but I'm not so sure I would find it easy not to bring it up all the time and rub his face in it because it is hurtful, people who cheat often do it without considering innocents feelings and what it will do to them but that's a whole new subject.

So would you forgive a cheat or not and what are your reasons? And thanks to Dumbwife for a thought provoking subject. I'm interested in your views as I've been there on both sides but now that I'm older my values have changed, when I was younger everybody was cheating on everybody but as you get older it ruins lives especially if children are involved, some forgive a cheat for the kids sake. I'm a jealous person not overly but if a girl hit on my man she'd know about it so I would find the whole thing difficult but it does happen, why?

I am not sure I can forgive my wife and as far as I know, she has not cheated; and I have sort of, because I have denied her knowledge of how much I love her out of fear of her absolute power over me, and I have denied her my complete trust...

It is possible to be too hurt some times by the possibility of being hurt... She doubts me, and doubts my love and is absolutly right to do so, and she reminds me of my dishonor, even though I have never cheated while never being true, and there is the knowledge that she is right, and I am in the wrong, and I cannot forgive her for it...
Caroline

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:28 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

[
I am not sure I can forgive my wife and as far as I know, she has not cheated; and I have sort of, because I have denied her knowledge of how much I love her out of fear of her absolute power over me, and I have denied her my complete trust...

It is possible to be too hurt some times by the possibility of being hurt... She doubts me, and doubts my love and is absolutly right to do so, and she reminds me of my dishonor, even though I have never cheated while never being true, and there is the knowledge that she is right, and I am in the wrong, and I cannot forgive her for it...
If you let go and not deny her, what's the worse thing that could happen Fido?
JTT

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:34 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I always thought this. People tend to be mad at the "other woman," while I think HE is the one you are in the relationship with - and the one you are partnered with - with all associated promises and trust. The "other woman" owes you nothing.

And you should be honored that she showed such great taste in men. Smile
JTT

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:40 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
and I have sort of, because I have denied her knowledge of how much I love her out of fear of her absolute power over me, and I have denied her my complete trust...

What a waste, Fido. A chance for ecstasy, for something most people only dream of, and you're holding back because of a fear.

Think for one solid day what you would have wished to say to her if she had died yesterday. Then say those things, again and again and again. And then again.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:43 pm
@JTT,
That's another thing JTT, the woman hates you if you go for their bloke or hates you coz you don't fancy him, you cant win, a girl at work felt threatened by me because her bloke showed an interest so she was funny with me, when it was clear to her that I didn't fancy him she hated me for that too, you just cant win.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:45 pm
I don't get all this and worry about it.

Caroline

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:46 pm
@Caroline,
JTT is right Fido. What are you so afraid of, power over you but you can love someone and still be in control, I take it she wouldn't hurt you anyway, take the moment by the hand and talk and work through your insecurities.
Caroline

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:47 pm
@ossobuco,
How come you worry about this? I mean what part don't you get?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 09:53 pm
@JTT,
You little ass. Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 04:21 am
@Caroline,
For me it would not be so much a matter of whether I could forgive or not, but wondering about how realistic it was to deal with the fact that deliberate lies & deceipt had occurred. From a person I trusted.
As much as I might accept that a partner might sincerely regret an affair & want to move on & make amends, I know I'd have real problems with trust in the future. Which would most likely mean that the relationship was doomed from that point on. I have real difficulties with dishonesty in any close relationship, whether it be a husband, lover or a friend.
Caroline

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 04:38 am
@msolga,
Yeah me too. I think realistically I would find it hard to forgive and trust them again. My first boyfriend cheated on me but because I loved him I went back to him after a few months and I never let him forget it so I know how hard it is. It is amazing that some people forgive because that trust/link has been broken and the pain deepens when you really love that person, in a perfect world or rather relationship people wouldn't cheat on another, you'd think as adults we could could talk and be civil but my neighbours cant even be civil to their own kids so what hope is there. Unhappiness is the key and then making the right choices, either leave or stay and work on it to make it work, why be dishonest.

My relationship has had it's ups and downs but because I'm honest I hope we get through it. I feel bad because my bf sometimes gets insecure around good looking blokes and I think maybe I did something to make him feel like that but hey I'm not perfect.
PS msolga, I took you off my friends list because you were posting a lot and it took me ages to find posts of other friends but you never know I may put you back on.Wink
msolga

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 04:46 am
@Caroline,
You took me off your friends list?!!!
How could you?!!!Shocked

(It's OK, Caroline. Just being silly. I get like that sometimes. Wink )

Please continue with the thread now...
Caroline

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 04:50 am
@msolga,
I know but girl you were posting pages! I'll take you off when you post loads and then put you back on when I haven't seen you for ages. Ok happy now. Smile And I may put butterflynet back on all for the same reasons, I do actually find your posts interesting so it's a off and on thing if that's alright with you.Smile
msolga

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 05:03 am
@Caroline,
Quote:
I know but girl you were posting pages!

Right.

I see.

So that's how it goes?

I'm not going to post anything for days & days now! Maybe weeks!!!! Razz
Caroline

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 05:06 am
@msolga,
rotfl girl you got me in stitches, naw I love your posts I'm just going to click you on and off again at my whim, I lurve the pics too I do read some of your post just not all.Smile
msolga

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 05:07 am
@Caroline,
It's ok, Caroline. Really & truly. Smile
0 Replies