Married & kissed my husband's friend.

HML

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 07:43 pm
@JPB,
Awesome. Maybe I should just go stay with him.
Lash

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 07:50 pm
@HML,
LOL...great idea! Oh, it is to laugh.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 08:02 pm
@Lash,
Or weep.

HML, it seems to me you need a lot of time to grow up and understand yourself. That's easy to say as it took most of us a lot of time. Rushing off with husband's best friend is a dumb idea, at least for you, at this time. Deal with the marriage, deal with who you are and what you want. Life isn't just a set of reactions to what other people do. Figure out who you are. Counsellors could be good. Reading is useful.

The house? You're locked out of the house which I presume - or at least may be - is half yours?

I can imagine husband's side of things, not just from this latest business.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 09:37 pm
I'll check back in two weeks to see how the job hunt is going.

You do realize you will probably get fired after dad #3 finds out you are sleeping with his son, while married to another man.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 01:21 am
@HML,
Quote:
I went to my boss to talk things over after work .... cuz he's the 1 person I know to give good advice, brutal & honest, but my husband had already talked to him

You went to talk with your employer, about kissing your husband's friend? And your husband (also an employee) had already talked to him about the kiss? And the boss is a ...

Quote:
very strict & devout baptist

Quote:
Unfortunately the "other guy" is my boss's son (he is 23 btw).

And your kisser was his son? Is he also an employee in this business?
What good advice did you think your boss could possibly give you in the circumstances?

Quote:
Needless to say, he wasn't very happy about any of this.

Well no, he's probably just trying to run a business.

Quote:
Anyway, I now don't have my boss's house to stay for the time being.

Most employees probably wouldn't have that option, I'd imagine. When you say "for the time being", it's an option for the future? Does his son (the kisser) still live at home?

Quote:
I'm not sure how work will be tomorrow.

Well, I doubt it would be a barrel of laughs, especially if the devout Baptist boss's son is also an employee ...

Sorry, but I just find this completely bizarre. Confused

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 05:00 am
Baptist huh? Well it could be worse. You only kissed him, think of the brou ha ha if you'd danced with him.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:21 am
@HML,
Quote:
Awesome. Maybe I should just go stay with him.

I can only hope that no one have firearms laying around.
spendius

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:28 am
Have we allowed for the possibility that this is all an invention designed to get the caring, compassionate flowers of Christianity to jump out of their boxes with their fatuous advice to provide its author with some amusement.
JPB

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:48 am
@spendius,
Sure. There are always folks who think these things are inventions. There are some folks who think these things are always inventions. I don't think anyone here is losing any sleep over HML's situation -- invention or not.
spendius

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 08:38 am
@JPB,
We've been having some fun with it though. The righteous and the unrighteous both eh?

Quote:
You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply
As time goes

Incidentally, I saw an actress play a scene in Coronation Street last night which made Ingrid Bergman look like a puppet doll.
0 Replies

HML

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:42 pm
@msolga,
It's not bizarre. just stupid. I went to my boss because he'd been trying to help us through out marriage, which my husband refused to work on thinking nothing was wrong. I didn't think my boss knew what happened or why, just that we fought & he kicked me out. He can't fire me for kissing his son either. My husband or the other guy doesn't work for him. And he wasn't happy because he thought i was better than that & he thought he'd raised his son not to do things like that. And the only reason I would have considered my boss's as a place to stay is because he knows I don't have anywhere else to stay. I ended up just staying w/ a coworker. And his son doesn't live at home. he's away at college.
HML

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:44 pm
@BillRM,
That's hilarious because they really don't agree w/ dancing. They left their older son's wedding early because they had dancing. I don't get it but they're really nice people.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 07:30 pm
@HML,
Quote:
I went to my boss because he'd been trying to help us through out marriage ..

What did he suggest might help?
IRFRANK

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 09:45 pm
@HML,
"He can't fire me for kissing his son either. "

Sure.

He'll have to find some other irrelevant reason.

duh

I'm sure he likes having all this Peyton Place crap interfering with work.

You'd better figure out the world doesn't revolve around you and your problems. Keep your boss and your job out of this mess. Stay away from his son. If you want to stay married get to a counselor with your hubby. Hint - your boss is not the counselor. If not, get an attorney before your husband does.

I'd suggest quietly straightening things out with your husband and telling your boyfriend to take a hike.

But hey, what do I know? This will just get better.
Eva

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 10:07 pm
@IRFRANK,
Oh yes...it will. She is young. She is not yet self-aware enough to realize that kissing the guy was no accident.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 06:31 am
@HML,
In most states your boss can fire you for almost any reason he wish to fire your for including kissing his son.

Of course as always been stated he can always come up with another reason also.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 06:36 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
I went to my boss because he'd been trying to help us through out marriage ..

What did he suggest might help?

pack your **** and get out? Laughing
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 09:54 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

In most states your boss can fire you for almost any reason

Of course in more civilised countries than the USA they have these things called "laws".
BillRM

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 10:47 am
@contrex,
Quote:
Of course in more civilised countries than the USA they have these things called "laws".

Do you not know that the rest of the world outside of the US does not matter a great deal?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 10:57 am
One might assume that the Baptist boss will learn from this experience and cease recruiting kissable young ladies. It isn't as if his recruitment pool will shrink all that much if he does.
0 Replies