The woman I like doesn't like me. I feel so hurt. Please help

hingehead

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 06:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Read the reviews spooky.

It's rated quite well, but not because it's a great way to seduce a woman, but because it documents manipulation, power plays and the thoughts/quotes of a number of historical lotharios. One reviewer noted it was an unpleasant read, but was worth it because it highlighted how others may try to manipulate you.

And you recommend as a way to woo a woman. Anyone who views gender relations as an adversarial arrangement is spooky in my book.

I did my homework before the first comment. Twat.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 06:18 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Anyone who views gender relations as an adversarial arrangement is spooky in my book.
I view all relationships as partly adversarial and partly cooperative, when they work. And I am correct. If you don't know enough to know this too bad for you.
Green Witch

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 06:23 pm
Just to let you know, stevenya, all the women here consider Hawkeye to be a creep. So I would suggest you consider that when reading his advice.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 06:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I view all relationships as partly adversarial and partly cooperative, when they work. And I am correct. If you don't know enough to know this too bad for you.

The book you advocate is about manipulating people to bend to your desires. I know enough to know that recommending it to the lovelorn is spooky. It's like an admission that you know woman will ever want/desire/like me unless you can trick them into it. I hope it is not, but suspect it is, true for you.

Still waiting for you expel some text hot air on the 'cooperative' part anywhere on these boards.
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:06 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

While you make a lot of valid points, I'm not yet willing to write this guy off. For all I know, he is 17. I think his other writing, gnashing of teeth, etc point to him being very young and clearly socially immature. That doesn't mean he doesn't need to hear the messages you are sending, but it does explain a tendency for wishful thinking and misreading signals. We had another thread a few months ago about whether men and women could be friends without sex being a factor and I think it is very difficult, especially for the young. He is clearly infatuated. Do you think she could really miss that? She invited him out of town for a function, rented a single room and you don't think that sex would go through his testosterone soaked mind? Of course asking her on a date makes a lot more sense than groping her in the dark, but he took no for an answer and that makes him a lot better than some frat boys I hear about.

Oh Jesus engineer.

If he's 17 what the hell is he doing going on a trip and staying in a hotel with a woman for?

Wouldn't he have parents?
Parents that would want to know where he was going, and with whom?

Like I said, I don't believe there was one bed. If there were, the girl/woman would have said something.

She did absolutely nothing to indicate she wanted to have sex with him.

When I was 18, 19, up to graduating college, if a bunch of us went on a road trip, that meant renting one room, and all of us, male and female sleeping together.

I guess if that was the situation, he would have assumed he lucked out and was going to get in on an orgy.

More likely than this being a 17 year old, it's someone making the whole damn thing up.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:17 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
It's like an admission that you know woman will ever want/desire/like me unless you can trick them into it.
The original poster was originally asking how to seduce this girl. When it failed he came back and made this thread. I then suggested that he learn up on how to seduce. This ain't complicated, and this ain't about me. If you have a problem with using seduction then don't do it. I doubt very much that you will be successful in life refusing to use this tool from your toolbox, but this is not my concern. I tried in this thread to give a guy what he wanted and you are having a hissy fit about it. Kinda funny, kinda sad.
hingehead

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawk wrote:
The original poster was originally asking how to seduce this girl

Originalposter wrote:
I met her two years ago and we spent much time together since then. Last weekend, we went out to visit a scenic area and we shared one bed for two nights. I tried to get physical intimate with her. She was offended. I guess she will sever ties with me. My heart is broken. Please help.

I don't see anywhere he has asked how to seduce the girl. You can twist in the wind all you like, but you read the question buried deep in your own damaged psyche, and interpreted it through that prism.

And trust me, it's not smart to talk about the success, or lack thereof, of people you know nothing about. It makes you look a tool (again I wonder how old you are, emotionally at least, I think you're my age physically, which makes me a little sad)
stevenya

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:35 pm
@chai2,
one bed, not two bed. 2 years, not 9 years.
Green Witch

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:36 pm
@hingehead,
HH, he does ask about seduction on another thread:
http://able2know.org/topic/161753-1#post-4360208

Stevenya, how old are you?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:38 pm
@hingehead,
Are you blaming me because you dont pay attention??

seriously, you are in no position to be trying to give lessons on tooldom. You might go pick on someone else your own size, so that you wont look so foolish.
stevenya

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:38 pm
@engineer,
I am 25, English is not my mother tongue.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:45 pm
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:

one bed, not two bed. 2 years, not 9 years.

and so it never occured to you to find out from the girl the reason she rented a room with one bed?

Instead you just start messing with her?

Here's an english expression for you....

When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:49 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Here's an english expression for you....

When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me

Another one is " when a 25 yo guy does a horrible crash and burn while trying to put the moves on some chick he best reevaluate his schooling in such matters, because he has missed something along the way" A 25 YO a guy should be able to do better than this.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Are you blaming me because you dont pay attention??

seriously, you are in no position to be trying to give lessons on tooldom. You might go pick on someone else your own size, so that you wont look so foolish.

Different thread idiot. You posted your 'recommendation' to this thread not the one you just linked to. Liar liar pants on fire. You still reign in the kingdom of tools.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:06 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Different thread idiot
No **** Sherlock...unlike you obviously, I make it a habit to look at members home page so that I can get some sense of whom I am talking to. I get that you are still in your a2k training wheels, but please try to get up to speed. Since 2004? Really?
hingehead

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sure you did.

So the advice you offered was to a different question than the one asked.

Clever!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:21 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

engineer wrote:

Now you know. You didn't before and thought you were getting signals that in retrospect you weren't. It could have easily gone the other way. Now you can move on with your love life. If you hadn't investigated it, you'd have never known and you'd still be in limbo.

No engineer, it could not have easily gone the other way.

He was receiving no other signals other than from his rich fantasies (and from some wishful thinking/self professed ladies men here.
Right... because we all know Ossobuco is a wishful thinking/ self professed ladies man. Rolling Eyes

Engineer is right. Pay no attention to the hateful drones, Stevenya. Those with the courage to try for something special have all crashed and burned at one point or another. Consider this: Every attempt at love that doesn't result in true love involves one party more into it than the other, and that party usually ends up getting rejected at some point. Those crappy feelings you are experiencing is the price you pay in route to finding your own special someone. It sucks, but it beats becoming a priest. Heal up and get back at it and I wish you better luck next time.

One piece of advice: Don’t wait two years to express your feelings next time. That type of delay results in either two years wasted thinking about the wrong woman, or two years wasted that could have been spent living the dream with the right woman. Either way, it’s two years you’re never going to get back.
stevenya

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:09 pm
@Green Witch,
26 this year.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 07:13 am
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Right... because we all know Ossobuco is a wishful thinking/ self professed ladies man.

Engineer is right. Pay no attention to the hateful drones, Stevenya. Those with the courage to try for something special have all crashed and burned at one point or another. Consider this: Every attempt at love that doesn't result in true love involves one party more into it than the other, and that party usually ends up getting rejected at some point. Those crappy feelings you are experiencing is the price you pay in route to finding your own special someone. It sucks, but it beats becoming a priest. Heal up and get back at it and I wish you better luck next time.

One piece of advice: Don’t wait two years to express your feelings next time. That type of delay results in either two years wasted thinking about the wrong woman, or two years wasted that could have been spent living the dream with the right woman. Either way, it’s two years you’re never going to get back.

Well no Bill, because osso is not a man.

Being straight here, my inclination to be sarcastic with you aside, haven't you noticed that some men, both on this and the "other" thread are giving advice on how to proceed?

Putting our petty differences aside, listen to what I am saying.

You are giving your advice not just from the perspective on what you believe to be men in general, but from your personal feelings.

I am giving my opinion not just from the perspective on what I believe to be women in general, but from my personal feelings (and direct experience with having men make passes at me when I did nothing to provoke it)

The title of the OP's other thread about this girl and the hotel reads "How can I seduce my friend when we stay one night in a hotel."

The OP claims English is not his first language (which he did not announce until much later). As a native speaker of English, I agree with all of these various definitions of the word "seduce"

Please note I did not try to mislead by only pasting negative definition of the word seduce, but included the non nefarious definitions as well. The words I highlighted in red are some key words that pop into my head (as a woman), when seduction is mentioned.

1. To lead away from duty, accepted principles, or proper conduct. See Synonyms at lure.
2. To induce to engage in sex.
3. a. To entice or beguile into a desired state or position.
b. To win over; attract.

to lead astray, as from duty, rectitude, or the like; corrupt.
2. to persuade or induce to have sexual intercourse.
3. to lead or draw away, as from principles, faith, or allegiance: He was seduced by the prospect of gain.
4. to win over; attract; entice: a supermarket seducing customers with special sales.
: to persuade to disobedience or disloyalty
2: to lead astray usually by persuasion or false promises
3: to carry out the physical seduction of : entice to sexual intercourse
4: attract
— se·duc·er noun
Examples of SEDUCE
He tried to seduce her.
She was seduced by an older man.
The other team seduced him with a better offer.

There is a major ick factor associated with the word seduce, and by these common definitions, that cannot be denied.

Again, saying this as a woman Bill, you really can't have it both ways.

You cannot be a champion to all women, trying to educate men in the aspects of honoring them, respecting their intelligence, and especially respecting the fact that if they have shown no definite interest in sex with a man, that means they do not want sex with that man, and what you are saying to the OP.
Of course a man can try to create interest in a woman, but through attempts to get her interest via verbal and respectful visual communication, and not through the laying on of hands in a hotel bed.

The very nature of seducing a woman to have sex with you involves drawing them away from their principles, beguiling them.

I know you say you do not agree at all with doing that. You've said so many times.

The OP has never stated this woman did anything besides renting a room. He never communicated with her, never asked her any questions as to her feelings, etc. etc.

Going by what he has written thus far, he has given no indication she had any desire to be seduced.

Perhaps he has lost a friend. If he has, it's entirely through his lack of communication.

I am not being hateful, or a drone Bill. I am responding the same way when a man mistakenly assumed I'd have sex with him, when I'd never given the slighted encouragement.
The way a woman with self respect would respond would be with being offended.

Gargamel

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 08:32 am
@chai2,
Wait, what?

Are you saying your problem is with seduction? Or one perjorative usage of that word you decided to apply to this non-native English speaker, who might have used any number of words in his whatever-to-English dictionary?

Given that this woman was a friend, not a complete stranger, first of all, and second of all that he expressed uncertainty about her desires and intentions, I doubt he suspected he would be completely twisting her arm, and certainly not coercing her to act against her will. Then there's the subtext here that stevenya is an awkward and inexperienced dude, an observation that doesn't require too much intuition. These points hold a little more water than your semantical approach.

I won't even get into the fact that some women actually like to be seduced, chased, wooed, whatever word you want to use.