The woman I like doesn't like me. I feel so hurt. Please help

djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 04:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
i'm not here to be fair to steve, i'm here to offer my thoughts on the situation as i see it, that's how i saw it

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 04:22 pm
@djjd62,
You jumping to unfounded conclusions lowers the value of your thoughts to others , which might be something that you care about.
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 04:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
i doubt it

on both accounts
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 04:25 pm
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/129109827599258817.jpg

irony check

awesome

Heye thinks djjd cares what the collective thinks Laughing
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 04:27 pm
@ehBeth,
i'm not running for office here Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 04:32 pm
@djjd62,
not even

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/55/173709656_dc72726bb7.jpghttp://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.51001425.jpg

or

http://rlv.zcache.com/sofa_king_couch_potato_tshirt-p235450702671138967u2u5_400.jpg

?
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 04:38 pm
@ehBeth,
as i once said to JTT, here's a position i would take

If they had a King of Fools then I could wear that crown
And you can all die laughing because I'll wear it proudly

E. Costello - I'll Wear It Proudly
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 04:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Don't try to put the cart of sex before the horse of relationship...
sex is not always connected to relationship, and a lot of people dont agree that sex should wait in a relationship. You have your personal preferences, but lets not pretend that all other people live like you do.

Sex is a relationship in itself... But the object is not simply pleasure or breeding but the whole life thing, which people often believe they are denying to others but only denying to themselves... The guy had some friendship... That is 95% of the way to love...If he could not close the deal he better try to see himself as others see him, because if he is too concerned with the sex and not the basics, or a friendship, and loving relationship, it is all a waste of time...
Trust me on this... I am right there with my wife, having a great sexual relationship and how could I not with Venus in the flesh, but finding we do not have enough shared interests, enough ways to have fun, and fun, to be able to play, re-creation is essential to a happy life... I enjoy this stuff because I live in my head, but she enjoys her body, because that is where she is, friends, but keeping fit, running, volly ball, biking, walking, working out...She is ten years younger than me and I can't catch her unless she slows down...

She plays at life... I read philosophy... She lives it, and she has the better part.... I am running now, and trying to keep up, and I am having some well deserved fun... Even roller bladed for the first time today... Not bad for 57, and no pads and no falls... You have to be friends with the person you intend to love...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 05:19 pm
@ehBeth,
http://rlv.zcache.com/disco_king_t_shirt-p235012617607944897yey2_400.jpg
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 05:21 pm
@hingehead,
king in a catholic style?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 06:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

You jumping to unfounded conclusions lowers the value of your thoughts to others , which might be something that you care about.

We are alltrying to grasp the situation at a distance with only one witness available...

And I would like to say that if they were really interested in sex they would talk little and touch much... Holding hands is sexual, and if you love some one that can be great, and you will take any you can get... To just show some one your pointer and start begging is not going to go too far...
0 Replies

stevenya

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 06:34 am
I feel that I won't fall in love with any other woman. I don't have the feeling. I don't have the motivation. And it requires lots of time and energy to fall in love with a woman. And there may even be a heartbreak waiting for you. So terrible.
stevenya

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 06:37 am
How can I recover from it? How ?
Green Witch

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 06:52 am
@stevenya,
Time heals hearts. Get busy, get outside, do other things. Do some volunteer work, maybe you will meet someone new. Get that book "eoe" recommended.
jespah

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 06:58 am
@Green Witch,
And find other things to occupy your mind. You are obsessing and, therefore, making things far worse than they probably are.
0 Replies

stevenya

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 07:00 am
@Green Witch,
What book did "eoe" recommend?
0 Replies

stevenya

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 07:04 am
I read the book "eoe" recommended, but it doesn't work for me.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 07:18 am
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:

I feel that I won't fall in love with any other woman. I don't have the feeling. I don't have the motivation. And it requires lots of time and energy to fall in love with a woman. And there may even be a heartbreak waiting for you. So terrible.

all of this may be true, but life is full of disappointments, jobs you didn't get, apartments or houses you wanted but didn't get or couldn't afford, you have to dwell on the positives, i've been in relationships with women i didn't love, and loved women i wasn't in relationships with, life goes on
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 08:05 am
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:

How can I recover from it? How ?

Have you started by apologizing? Something like "I've always thought you were great and that maybe this trip was my chance to show you how I feel, but I really screwed up and it's clear you don't feel the same way and I hope we can be friends." You didn't tell us how bad a disaster this was, but it is possible that you can salvage something of the friendship and that might help you move forward.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 08:06 am
@engineer,
I rarely disagree with you, engineer, but I think this guy is starting to show stalker possibilities and he should move on with his life and leave this young woman alone.
0 Replies