Fri 20 Aug, 2010 05:13 pm
@Caroline,
and children today don't swear?

what's happening to this new generation
Caroline

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 05:48 pm
@djjd62,
Lol.
Well if parents checked our site to see if it was safe for their children, (we had 12 year olds), and saw that we swore then we'd lose members. Justin made it open for young kids too by keeping this rule. Here we are all adults and 99 per cent of us know how to swear in context so it's not found offensive, that was lacking on the old forum, most of the swearing was out of context.
spendius

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 05:53 pm
@Caroline,
I read a couple of Caroline's posts on the thread about Prop 8 and I can't believe she took part in a philosophy forum.
Caroline

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 05:55 pm
@spendius,
What did I say? Dont bother I'm ignoring you. I know why you got it in for me and I think you're a child who doesn't believe in intellectual conservation instead you throw a tantrum.
0 Replies

Caroline

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:35 pm
@mark noble,
I knew there would be one.
I'm not kissing butt, I'm still new here and really enjoying it, I'm not afraid to show my appreciation and certainly don't need to kiss butt. But trust you Mark, how very intellectual of you, again!
Caroline

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:39 pm
@Caroline,
Sooner or later people are going to get fed up with your digs and insults like I am. If you can't have intellectual conservation don't play with me.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:42 pm
@Caroline,
So is this one.

Open to younger people, that is.
Caroline

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:43 pm
@Intrepid,
So is this one what, I don't understand what you mean.
Intrepid

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:44 pm
@Caroline,
See above.
0 Replies

djjd62

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:45 pm
@Caroline,
this forum is open to anyone 13 and older, and some younger come here by deception, though we've found out they're younger because they've admitted it
ossobuco

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:45 pm
@Caroline,
This one is too.

Swearing? I didn't know what **** meant until I read about it in books in my late teens, or even later. Nobody swore around us, this in the fifties, early sixties.

My first memory was hearing about RF at my university. I asked, and was told it meant rat function. Then someone told me ratfuck. But, that didn't help.
Sigh. I learned by reading and then by life.

I've spent stupid hours getting over that sort of anathema.

Be careful what you wish for.

Intrepid

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:46 pm
@djjd62,
cuz thay act fuulish and such Razz
Caroline

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:47 pm
@djjd62,
Lol,
I saw someone tell a person he's a ******* retard just for disagreeing with him intellectually, thank fully there's practically no abuse here.
0 Replies

djjd62

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:50 pm
@Intrepid,
it seems that the youngest (they're usually girls) end up under green witch's care (she's told me to mind my p's & q's a couple of times in threads she'd been den mothering)
Caroline

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:50 pm
@ossobuco,
My parents didn't swear in front of us for many years and it disheartens me that todlers and young kids hear their parents swear but what really gets me is they chastise the kid for swearing who learnt it from the parent, jeez, what is the world coming to I ask myself.
Caroline

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:52 pm
@djjd62,
See, it's just not nice to swear in front of children. I always looked out for and edited profanities when I was moderating.
djjd62

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:54 pm
@Caroline,
not so much swearing, more topic and response oriented, it was sort of about s-e-x, actually kissing i believe and i wasn't being bad, it was simply pointed out to me to be careful as the poster who'd posed the question (a really benign subject i might add) was young, under 13 i believe (GW had found this out in another discussion)
Intrepid

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:57 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

it seems that the youngest (they're usually girls) end up under green witch's care (she's told me to mind my p's & q's a couple of times in threads she'd been den mothering)

From Rowlands’ Knave of Harts of 1612.
“Bring in a quart of Maligo, right true: And looke, you Rogue, that it be Pee and Kew.”
0 Replies

Intrepid

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:57 pm
@Caroline,
Why did you think that A2K was and is for adults only?
Caroline

Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:58 pm
@djjd62,
I dont know, how old does a kid have to be not to be offended or opened up to a world of swearing. I think here is great because you can swear in context. I think it's down to the parent if this site is deemed appropriate for their children. I think anything past 15 and the teenager has probably heard it all unless he/she's led a sheltered life.