Moderators Needed for the New Philosophy Forum Group on A2K

Caroline

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:24 pm
@Intrepid,
I only have three that I will be ignoring in the future, that's hardly everybody, can you count?
Pangloss

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:25 pm
@sozobe,
You're not getting it. It makes no difference who's on my ignore list, if every discussion is running wild with insults and jabs. There's no discussion to be found in this kind of free-for-all. I'd direct you to one of the many other threads on this forum for some examples, but I think the progression of this thread right here should suffice.
Intrepid

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:29 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

I only have three that I will be ignoring in the future, that's hardly everybody, can you count?

Sure I can count. However, since you responded to me I assume that I may have been removed from your list.

Still, there is Hexhammer, Mark Noble, Spendius, Night Ripper. There may be more that I missed without going back in the thread. My count puts that at 5 or more. It is interesting to note that half of these are from your former forum. Perhaps they are used to your tirades.

You should lighten up a bit and enjoy life. You are gonna get high blood pressure or something. Will you be moving to the new philo group when it is completed? Pleeese??
djjd62

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:31 pm
@Pangloss,
so start discussing, it is, as they say, a free country
sozobe

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:32 pm
@Pangloss,
Every discussion is "running wild with insults and jabs?" Hardly.

Meanwhile,this post addresses the rest.

0 Replies

Zetherin

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:33 pm
@Pangloss,
There's still positive contributions that are made on this forum. It is just that, without proper moderation, one has to sift through a lot of bullshit to find them. But as sozobe noted, some prefer to stand the bullshit, as they wish not to sacrifice the free-flowing, open conversations. There's nothing wrong with that. I even prefer it at times, too.
Caroline

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:35 pm
@Intrepid,
Mark Noble, you and hex that makes three and no I won't be going to the philforum, I will drop in, sorry to disappoint you aww. And I have been having a really enjoyable time here except this thread and you three so you have no idea what you're talking about again but thanks you really know how to charm a girl.
Pangloss

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:35 pm
@djjd62,
I've already started. My posts here are actually attempting to get back to the main issue for this thread, if you've forgotten what that is -- the issue of top-down moderation.
0 Replies

mark noble

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:36 pm
@Caroline,
Hi Caroline!

I never said ther was anything wrong with it.
I am not insulting you. I am answering your previous question.

Mark...
0 Replies

djjd62

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:36 pm
@Caroline,
good to hear (or read) you're going to stay
Intrepid

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:37 pm
@Caroline,
I am glad to see that you have taken Spendius, the original object of your wrath, off of your ignore list. I am sure that he will be pleased. Where is a moderator when you need one.
0 Replies

Caroline

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:38 pm
@djjd62,
Thank you.Smile
0 Replies

Zetherin

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:38 pm
@Caroline,
You must realize you're simply fueling the fire with every heated response like this.

It's a cliche, but you really ought to let this go.
Intrepid

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:39 pm
Back to topic. I can readily see why the PhiloForum folks have need of moderation. I hope they get what they need.

Zetherin seems to be the most cool headed and straight up poster that I have seen from that group. I am sure that there are many more.
Pangloss

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:40 pm
@Zetherin,
I agree Zetherin, but don't you think it would be nice to just cut out the bullshit? Some prefer it one way, myself and others prefer it another way.

I wholeheartedly believe that if a policy of top-down moderation was enforced at A2K (and not just the new group), it would improve discussions and attract more (and better) posters to the forum, thus benefiting the whole community.
Zetherin

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:40 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
I can readily see why the PhiloForum folks have need of moderation. I hope they get what they need.

Low-blow.

But I'll take it.
Caroline

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:42 pm
@Zetherin,
Yes good point I'm out of this thread.
0 Replies

mark noble

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:46 pm
@sozobe,
Hi Sozobe!

If you read the earlier posts in this thread you will see my attempts to explain some of the factors that you are discussing here.

Otherwise you are taking things out of context.

I enjoy the openess of a2k and the confine of a group.

Please don't jump the proverbial gun.

Have a splendid day!
Mark...
0 Replies

Caroline

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:47 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:

Intrepid wrote:
I can readily see why the PhiloForum folks have need of moderation. I hope they get what they need.

Low-blow.

But I'll take it.
Cheap shot, taken on the chin.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:52 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

Low-blow.

But I'll take it.

That was not meant as a low blow. It was an honest assessment.

There is a difference.