Mosque to be Built Near Ground Zero

BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 12:07 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Could you document some of those many mass attacks that have come out of mosques in Manhattan?

Already done so on this thread concerning mosques in the NYC area. Oh once plot was from a NJ mosque if memory serve me correctly.

I guess across the river in NJ and NYC mosques not in Manhattan do not count they need to be in Manhattan for some reason by the way?

I guess that a large Manhattan Mosques would not be of any concern after all and the terrorist would not love to used a Mosque in the heart of NYC.

Silly silly dishonest woman I love you.................

Footnote if I was a New Yorker I would be annoy at how the enemies of the US always seem to wish to attack NYC.

From agents of the South during the civil war attempt to burn down the city to Nazis Germany plans to build what they called the New York bomber and now our Muslims brothers around the world the first target is always New York City.
firefly

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 12:44 am
@BillRM,
Quote:

Already done so on this thread concerning mosques in the NYC area. Oh once plot was from a NJ mosque if memory serve me correctly.

Were those mosques closed down because they were dangerous places?

BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:05 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Were those mosques closed down because they were dangerous places?

Not that I know of they did shamefully arrest the plotters however and I hope to hell they have agents coming out of the woodwork now in those Mosques.

I have to look if the NJ mosque did or did not shut down after the tunnel plot but of course not by government actions in any case.

We all are in agreement that there is no government means to keep that mosque from being build short of a declare state of national emergency that does not means however that private citizens can not or should not used legal pressures of all kinds to keep that Mosque from being build near ground zero.

It will be a source of public danger not only because of the known past used of Mosques in the NYC area but for the fact that the terrorists are likely to love the idea of using such a Mosque for a staging area for future attacks.

I do wonder what the numbers of deaths will be needed to trigger a state of national emergency . My guess would be in the hundred thousands range.
firefly

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:33 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
It will be a source of public danger not only because of the known past used of Mosques in the NYC area but for the fact that the terrorists are likely to love the idea of using such a Mosque for a staging area for future attacks.

Then we better shut down the Internet, because that's what the terrorists use now.
BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 03:41 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Then we better shut down the Internet, because that's what the terrorists use now.

Good idea with special note of any part of the internet you used.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 08:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
During WWII, Japanese Americans volunteered into the US military from US concentration camps.

Hmm using the term concentration camps and therefore implying that they had a damn thing in common with the Nazis death/work camps is shameful indeed.

Given a large population of enemy aliens and first generation citizens of enemy aliens living along a coast that might come under attack moving them was not all that unreasonable.

Now where we all bear shame is not making them whole financially right after the war instead of granting token payments to the surviving persons two generations later.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 11:49 am
@BillRM,
BillRM, You are one ignoramus! Look up concentration camp in your dictionary. The US concentration camps in the US had barbed wired fences, soldiers on guard towers with guns, and some Japanese Americans were killed because a) a kid talked back to a guard, and b) one man got too close to the fence.

Definition:
Quote:

n.

A camp where civilians, enemy aliens, political prisoners, and sometimes prisoners of war are detained and confined, typically under harsh conditions.
A place or situation characterized by extremely harsh conditions.

It says nothing about "Nazis death/work camps."

You are shameful, because of your total ignorance.
firefly

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 12:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
BillRM, You are one ignoramus! ...
You are shameful, because of your total ignorance.

That about sums it up.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 12:03 pm
@NonPCBill,
NPCB, Our family how has black, Italian, Dutch, English, Polynesian, (many) Chinese, Spanish, Russian, and German. When I was a kid growing up, our neighborhood was almost all minorities with Asians, Hispanics, and blacks in Sacramento. There were no inter-marriages that I'm aware of. As kids, my younger brother and I used to play at the state capital building. During the past 15-years or so, he served three terms as a state legislator in Sacramento, and was a mayor of Lodi, CA. My younger brother is an Ophthalmologist.

My older brother, an attorney, was an Administrative Judge in CA. Our sister was an RN, and just recently retired.

Most of our children are in the professions and doing well.

I literally have friends all over the world, and several have visited us here in CA. I'm having friends visit from Germany in May. I also have fans who visit my travelogue on travelpod.com (I'm c.i.222).
BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 12:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
BillRM, You are one ignoramus! Look up concentration camp in your dictionary. The US concentration camps in the US had barbed wired fences, soldiers on guard towers with guns, and some Japanese Americans were killed because a) a kid talked back to a guard, and b) one man got too close to the fence.

So that is the same as killing them in large groups in gas chambers fool???????

Or taking the gold in their teeth out of of their mouth after killing them by the ton.

Or working the ones who was not kill at ones slowly to death for that matter!

So you can point to a death or two and barbed wire therefore claimed that the US camps was the same as the Nazis camps.

What a dishonest shithead you are...........
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh some of the loyal Japanese Americans in those camps took part in riots that it took a show of force including tanks to end.

Hundreds of young Japanese Americans refused the draft and was sentence to prison as a result.

So yes a large number/vast majority of Japanese Americans prove themselves to be loyal citizens but hardly all of them.

And once more the camps was not death camps or work to you starve to death camps either.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:15 pm
@BillRM,
Oh, you mean it's against the Constitution to assemble in a concentration camp?

Those hundreds who refused the draft to defend a country that took away their constitutional rights and held in concentration camps had all the rights to refuse. The government was wrong.
BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry dear heart but the US Supreme Court ruled that in times of war such camps was indeed allow under the Constitution.

In addition, there was disloyal Japanese Americans proven to be disloyal by their own actions in those camps who given a military threat to the West coast could had been a security problem.

The only thing we had to be ashamed for is not granting them enough finance aid to make them financially whole after the war.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:24 pm
@BillRM,
Allow what? We were not charged with any crimes to be put into concentration camps. That's called taking our rights away in accordance with the US Constitution. Did you know all presidents and congress members swear to uphold the constitution when they take office? The government screwed up, not Japanese Americans. You are dumber than a rock.
BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Allow what? We were not charged with any crimes to be put into concentration camps. You are dumber than a rock.

Sorry the rules are not the same when the country is facing a threat to if survival nor should it be.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact.

As a matter of family history my own father was under a death sentence if at any time he would be in danger of falling into Japanese hands during the war he was to be kill first.

The rules are not the same during war time.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:33 pm
@BillRM,
Threat from what? No Japanese American has been charged with any crime or espionage.
BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No they was locked up in camps and the Japanese did not end up threatening the West Coast however you are trying to tell me that all those Japanese enemies aliens and first generation Americans would be all loyal and not aid the Japanese Empire forces?

Right and I had a New York bridge to sell to you cheaply please send me a check.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
http://supreme.justia.com/us/323/214/case.html

Here, as in the Hirabayashi case, supra, at p. 320 U. S. 99,

". . . we cannot reject as unfounded the judgment of the military authorities and of Congress that there were disloyal members of that population, whose number and strength could not be precisely and quickly ascertained. We cannot say that the war-making branches of the Government did not have ground for believing that, in a critical hour, such persons could not readily be isolated and separately dealt with, and constituted a menace to the national defense and safety which demanded that prompt and adequate measures be taken to guard against it."

Like curfew, exclusion of those of Japanese origin was deemed necessary because of the presence of an unascertained number of disloyal members of the group, most of

Page 323 U. S. 219

whom we have no doubt were loyal to this country. It was because we could not reject the finding of the military authorities that it was impossible to bring about an immediate segregation of the disloyal from the loyal that we sustained the validity of the curfew order as applying to the whole group. In the instant case, temporary exclusion of the entire group was rested by the military on the same ground. The judgment that exclusion of the whole group was, for the same reason, a military imperative answers the contention that the exclusion was in the nature of group punishment based on antagonism to those of Japanese origin. That there were members of the group who retained loyalties to Japan has been confirmed by investigations made subsequent to the exclusion. Approximately five thousand American citizens of Japanese ancestry refused to swear unqualified allegiance to the United States and to renounce allegiance to the Japanese Emperor, and several thousand evacuees requested repatriation to Japan. [Footnote 2]

We uphold the exclusion order as of the time it was made and when the petitioner violated it. Cf. Chastleton Corporation v. Sinclair, 264 U. S. 543, 264 U. S. 547; Block v. Hirsh, 256 U. S. 135, 256 U. S. 155. In doing so, we are not unmindful of the hardships imposed by it upon a large group of American citizens. Cf. Ex parte Kawato, 317 U. S. 69, 317 U. S. 73. But hardships are part of war, and war is an aggregation of hardships. All citizens alike, both in and out of uniform, feel the impact of war in greater or lesser measure. Citizenship has its responsibilities, as well as its privileges, and, in time of war, the burden is always heavier. Compulsory

Page 323 U. S. 220

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:01 pm
@BillRM,
Hirabayashi won that case. Learn your history.
BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh CI sitting on your ass for a few years in a camp barb wire and all is more "unfair" then living 24/7 knowing that at the first real indication that you might fall into enemy hands you was to be shot in the head by your own commanding officer?

War times is not the time for rights but is the time for duty instead my silly friend.
0 Replies