Mosque to be Built Near Ground Zero

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 05:25 pm
@Intrepid,
That's true also; but some people in this country wants to take away the freedoms from all of them.

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 05:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Those who wish to excercise external control over others cause more strife than those whom they oppose.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 05:53 pm
@Intrepid,
I do agree with you, I would call this a extremist ideology, it does not have to be a religion all of the time because it can be found in many different forms.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
I agree; we've seen it so often - during my lifetime. It still happens to gays and lesbians. It wasn't that long ago that women didn't have equal rights, and just recently, Obama's equal pay law for women.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:09 pm
I would almost be willing to bet that all of you can find something of interest in this video even though you all have disagreeance with one another at times.

I hope that you all enjoy!

Religions of peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPQV1RGDT80

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Take always the freedom from all of them?

In any case, I am all for taking away the freedoms of any group to the degree needed to stop or at least slow down the mass murders of our citizens from that group members.

I could care less if that group danger is base on religion or nationality or any other elements.

The Constitution is not mean to force us to committed mass suicide by not allowing us to be able to response to a clear threat to our survival.

The courts had as a matter of fact had rule time after time in the country history that civil rights in time of national danger is secondary.

Below is the purpose of the constitution and no where is there a statement concerning allowing the mass murder of the citizens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:12 pm
@BillRM,
The slippery slope is when we group people into groups, not everyone within a group is guilty of a crime!

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
BillRM doesn't understand that he also belongs in a group that he accuses other groups of. I guess he should revolt against himself.
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
Slippery slopes sometimes need to be deal with when mass murders are being committed.
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh I did not know that atheists are setting off bombs, flying planes into buildings, and shooting up mass of people in the name of non-religion.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:26 pm
@BillRM,
I wonder if Osama bin laden had this same thought before he flew the plains into the twin towers? Or if Hitler thought that the jews were evil and something had to be done with them all. etc, etc ?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:34 pm
@BillRM,
Start this video at 2 minutes and 50 seconds and you will see what I mean, beter yet watch the whole thing to get a better understanding why we behave as we do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg4AjD1fUaw
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
Hmm first our good friend Bin laden did not fly planes himself into buildings he got fools to do his bidding.

Second Hitler did not stop Jews from building temples he ship them to death camps instead.

Now no one as yet is even talking about using the WW2 Japanese solution of placing our Muslins brothers into non-death camps just not allowing a large Mosque to be build in the heart of a city that had have many mass attacks coming out of Mosques in the area already.

How many more deaths from plots generated inside the area mosques would it take for you to feel that we should control mosques.

Would a thousand more deaths be enough, 10,000 deaths. or a 100,000 deaths?

Is there any numbers of dead bodies lying in the New York cities streets for you to agree that there is a public safety issue here?
NonPCBill

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hi Cicerone,though I may disagree with some of what you say, i respect your opinions.I have no hate for Arabs or their religion.I don't blanket a group for the actions of a few.I have expressed my opinions openly and honestly.Maybe losing freinds there has effected my thought process a bit.Do you think that you would look at it any different if you lost someone you cared about on 9/11? Of course my hope is that you did not have a loss there.I am not here to argue, i am here to learn and better myself. I am here to talk to others, not to talk down to them. If anything i say offends you,know that it is not my intention.That said I thank you and appreciate your input. Bill
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:44 pm
@BillRM,
I guess you did not watch the video?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:46 pm
@NonPCBill,
You seem to have a positive view point!
NonPCBill

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 10:02 pm
@reasoning logic,
I think I do. I'm new to this and somewhat suprised by some replys.i jumped in and i'm learning.thats always good
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 10:09 pm
@NonPCBill,
NPCB, My opinions have developed from my living in this country for some 75 years as a minority. I'm third generation Japanese American, so I have experienced discrimination based on my cultural background. When I was a teenager, many white people told me to "go back to your own country." Where was I supposed to go? My grandfather moved to this country in 1894 from Japan.

Since then, I have seen many "groups" who were treated unfairly and discriminated against based on their religion, race, culture, sexual orientation, or gender.

I have no tolerance or patience for racial or any other kind of bigot who go out of their way to make other people's lives miserable or unequal.

On a more positive note; even with all the bad experiences I've had as a young boy, I've come to appreciate the simple fact that this country has provided us with opportunities unmatched in most other countries for most people. When I was young, we never saw minorities in media ads or minorities in tv news or ads; it's common to see most minorities in all levels of media, professions, and work environments.

The sad note is the simple fact that many in our country still advocate to discriminate against minorities and homosexuals, and also against Arab Americans. Most Arab Americans are law abiding citizens who try to live a peaceful and open society.

Blaming a few extremists Muslims who are responsible for 9-11 and expanding that hate to all Muslims is not ethical or logical, because it's based mostly on emotion. Many who are bigoted against Arab Americans did not lose loved ones on 9-11.

Many Arab Americans serve in the US military, and they work in many of the professions in our country. I think that numbers about 3,500 in the US military.

During WWII, Japanese Americans volunteered into the US military from US concentration camps. They were the most decorated US battalion of any war the US was involved in.

I think you get my point.

firefly

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 11:13 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
just not allowing a large Mosque to be build in the heart of a city that had have many mass attacks coming out of Mosques in the area already

Could you document some of those many mass attacks that have come out of mosques in Manhattan?
NonPCBill

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 11:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I certainly do. I'm pretty sure i could learn alot from you. I have almost 50 years of life in this country as a white man, to some that makes me better than you.To me it just makes me different.I highly admire your cultures contributions to the world.I'm a mix of irish, german, french and american indian but that doesn't make me what I am, me and my actions do, i think.
Cicerone you are the first person on this site that I have spoken to like this and I was born on the month and day that the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima
There must be something to that. Be well Bill