does she love me

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 05:46 pm
@Eva,
I wish them well, definitely. I think there is some learning needed.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 12:45 pm
Hm, are you really German or just living in Germany?

Usually, young Germans don't bother marrying at all. They live together and
should they find the need somewhere down the road to marry then they'll do it.
It's no big deal at all. No engagement, no big engagement ring, and there aren't big weddings "american style" either, it's mostly a small affair with families and a few friends, that's it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 07:47 pm
That's interesting, CJ.

We don't know if they're both Germans. He said his girlfriend was Native American.

Thomas

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 07:57 pm
@Eva,
His "accent", if you can call it that if it's in writing, doesn't sound German. There are characteristic typos and punctuation errors Germans make when they write English, and sffa's writing doesn't really fit the pattern. But as they say, judge not lest you be judged.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 08:51 pm
@sffsa,
sffsa wrote:

first nations
the people call them indans(very offencive to them)
white man invaded them
no im not being raceist to white men just trying to identify them

What kind of first nations people are in Sachsen?

Odd that she doesn't speak any English if she is what is usually considered first nations.

Whole thread has a bit of an odd tinge.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 08:54 pm
@sffsa,
sffsa wrote:
the preast is just waiting for me to seual the wedding

errrr, you do realize that the religious ceremony in Germany is just that - a religious ceremony

you also need to make a legal commitment to the young woman

Odd that someone who claims to be from Sachsen is so unaware of local customs.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 09:11 pm
@sffsa,
Mon 26 Jul, 2010 04:36 pm

sffsa wrote:
should i tell her i love her

less than a week later you've got all the wedding supplies hidden in a closet, a priest lined up, you're doing all the chores together, and you tell each other you love each other day and night

baby, I'm amazed

and it's not by you
0 Replies

sffsa

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:54 am
@Eva,
CJ what does that mean
Quote:
That's interesting, CJ.
Eva

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 05:13 pm
@sffsa,
"CJ" is CalamityJane. I was responding to her post above mine.

We are trying to understand you, sffsa, and we cannot figure out why you know so little about customs in the country where you live. These are honest questions. Please answer as many as you feel comfortable answering. It will help us tailor our comments to you.

As far as timing a proposal...you are in the middle of moving in together, right? Give that some time, and see if you can live together happily before you decide if you want to do that permanently. What is the rush? If it's right, it will last. We have a wise old saying here: "Marry in haste, repent at leisure..."
sffsa

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 07:20 pm
@Eva,
actually she just finished moving in today by the way plese just list the questions and i'll awnswer them to the best of my abblity
ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 08:44 pm
@sffsa,
I am interested in your cultures, hers and yours, within Germany. I am not asking in a negative way, but because I am wondering how both of your backgrounds come together here. I admit my own ignorance re how you two might feel about your situation.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:12 pm
@ossobuco,
He doesn't answer any questions we have, osso.
he likes to talk to Eva only Wink
Eva

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:27 pm
@CalamityJane,
Embarrassed
0 Replies

sffsa

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:27 pm
@ossobuco,
im not offended i dont undstand the question eather
sffsa

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:32 pm
@CalamityJane,
how did you know by the way your right
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:42 pm
@sffsa,
OK...

1. A German member of A2K commented that your writing style does not look like that of Germans learning English. Are you actually German, or just living in Germany? (If you grew up somewhere else, that would explain why you are unfamiliar with German customs.)

2. Your girlfriend is Native American. (That is the term we use in the USA.) It seems unusual to us that she doesn't speak English. How did someone who is Native American end up in Sachsen, Germany?

3. You said you've spoken to a priest. Are you aware that a wedding by a priest is only considered a religious ceremony in Germany? You also have to make a legal commitment to be legally married there.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:48 pm
@sffsa,
Well, I am so bold as to guess you are from a family that emigrated to germany, in some way.

If so, I'm not against that. But I think usual german culture may not be true for both of you, for different reasons.

How can we advise, when we know nothing? You can be quite non-specific if you like, but give us a clue.

If this post is hard for you, read it again, and ask me about the parts that are hard.
0 Replies

sffsa

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 10:01 am
@Eva,
1.my father was germand and my mother was french yes we grew up in Sachsen
2.her perents moved there before she was born
3.the prest also has the papers ready for after the wedding
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 11:52 am
Something doesn't add up here - Eva he's all yours! Laughing

---
sffsa, Du bist ganz sicher kein gebuertiger Sachse, sonst wuesstest Du, dass
eine kirchliche Trauung nur nach einer standesamtlichen Trauung erfolgen kann.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
sffsa, Du bist ganz sicher kein gebuertiger Sachse, sonst wuesstest Du, dass eine kirchliche Trauung nur nach einer standesamtlichen Trauung erfolgen kann.

I should translate that, sorry. I said: sffsa, you're certainly not a native German,
otherwise you'd know that a church wedding is only possible after a civil wedding
has taken part.
0 Replies