Hagee urges McCain to wage war on iran for END-TIMES!

g-man

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 06:26 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56639 wrote:
" the japenese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing" Dwight Eisenhower.

You need to brush up on your history. The Japanese were not going to surrender without that final battle.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 07:14 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56623 wrote:
Wow, you guys must be off kilter today or something.

My point was that we are the only nation to ever use the nuke, no nation on earth can possibly match either our conventional or nuclear strength and again i say Iran is no threat.

What? MAD was based on the USSR's mutual ability to blow up the Planet.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 07:17 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56639 wrote:
" the japenese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing" Dwight Eisenhower.

My God that was a stupid statement. If Ike made it, it had to be in an effort to score political points with The Sheeple. Man......I love Ike. Don't mess about unless you have facts. A photo-portrait of that hero hangs over my desk, in my classroom. :no:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 08:47 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56657 wrote:
What? MAD was based on the USSR's mutual ability to blow up the Planet.

Is the USSR still around?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 09:05 am
@g-man,
g-man;56650 wrote:
You need to brush up on your history. The Japanese were not going to surrender without that final battle.

Not according too Dwight Eisenhower :lightbulb:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 09:21 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56658 wrote:
My God that was a stupid statement. If Ike made it, it had to be in an effort to score political points with The Sheeple. Man......I love Ike. Don't mess about unless you have facts. A photo-portrait of that hero hangs over my desk, in my classroom. :no:

Ike on Ike, Newsweek, 11/11/63
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:56 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56681 wrote:

What gets me, is that Pino is a history teacher.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:03 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56666 wrote:
Is the USSR still around?

Hello? Are you in deep freeze?:wtf:
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:04 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56694 wrote:
What gets me, is that Pino is a history teacher.

What gets me is that you're not in jail.

PS: You're just pissed that I keep kicking your dope-smoking butt-crack.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:04 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56681 wrote:

I don't believe it. Nope.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:05 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56679 wrote:

Nope.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:34 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56732 wrote:
I don't believe it. Nope.

HA, just stay in denial :spaz: Pino it won't help you!
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:35 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56730 wrote:
Hello? Are you in deep freeze?:wtf:

Apparently you are. This isn't the 60's anymore!
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:43 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56679 wrote:

Harry S, Truman Dem. Mo.. President of the United States, 1945-1952. Made the decision to drop atomic bombs on Japan. Eisenhower was the supreme commander in the European theater. Douglas Macarthar was the supreme commander in the Pacific theater.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:18 pm
@g-man,
g-man;56770 wrote:
Harry S, Truman Dem. Mo.. President of the United States, 1945-1952. Made the decision to drop atomic bombs on Japan. Eisenhower was the supreme commander in the European theater. Douglas Macarthar was the supreme commander in the Pacific theater.

Harry Truman was president ! your joking i never knew that :lightbulb:

"The japanese had, in fact,already sued for peace. The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military point of view,in the defeat of japan"

Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz. Commander in Chief of the US Pacific Fleet
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:30 pm
@g-man,
g-man;56770 wrote:

Just thought i would add,Mcarther disagreed with the bombing also :thumbup:
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:39 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56731 wrote:
What gets me is that you're not in jail.

I'll let you in on a well known secret, Pino...

The entire world is run by two things: ones and zeros. Everywhere you go, everything you are, everything you do, the entire world you live in is governed by streams of data sent across a near instant global communications network.

I am someone who figured out how those ones and zeros work at a very young age.

Quote:
PS: You're just pissed that I keep kicking your dope-smoking butt-crack.

A history teacher making extremely bad mistakes? Well, they say the educational system is in the tubes...

Unless you're the polar opposite of the hippie teachers. Same angle, just slammed the other way.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:51 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56781 wrote:
Harry Truman was president ! your joking i never knew that :lightbulb:

"The japanese had, in fact,already sued for peace. The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military point of view,in the defeat of japan"

Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz. Commander in Chief of the US Pacific Fleet

Your attempt to credit Eisenhower with the decision to drop the bombs would lead one to believe that you did not know. You never mention President Truman in your statement. Eisenhower being the Supreme Commander in the European theater likely was aware of what was going to happen, but nothing suggest his support or disapproval.

Dropping the bombs prevented the landings that would have killed many more Americans. The people who sued for peace were "not" recognized by the military powers of Japan. A number of those who sued for peace committed suicide.

Where might I read Admiral Nimitz's comments?
Even if some commanders disagreed with the decision, does not determine that it was the wrong choice. Historians agree that preventing the landings saved more lives than were lost from the bombs. Especially American lives. Who the president had the duty of saving.
Losing Japanese lives in a war that Japan started should surely have been taken into consideration by the Japanese hierarchy as they made their plans for world domination.....?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 09:02 pm
@g-man,
The real reason we dropped the bomb (even two) was because we didn't want Russia to help us invade japan because then they'd want to occupy Japan afterwards and make it communist as they did with Germany. Also we wanted the world to know the power we possessed.

We dropped the bombs for political reasons not military ones.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 08:14 am
@g-man,
g-man;56787 wrote:
Your attempt to credit Eisenhower with the decision to drop the bombs would lead one to believe that you did not know. You never mention President Truman in your statement. Eisenhower being the Supreme Commander in the European theater likely was aware of what was going to happen, but nothing suggest his support or disapproval.

Dropping the bombs prevented the landings that would have killed many more Americans. The people who sued for peace were "not" recognized by the military powers of Japan. A number of those who sued for peace committed suicide.

Where might I read Admiral Nimitz's comments?
Even if some commanders disagreed with the decision, does not determine that it was the wrong choice. Historians agree that preventing the landings saved more lives than were lost from the bombs. Especially American lives. Who the president had the duty of saving.
Losing Japanese lives in a war that Japan started should surely have been taken into consideration by the Japanese hierarchy as they made their plans for world domination.....?

Eisenhower,Nimitz and Mcarthur the great american war heroes disagreed with the bombing,these three men were some of the most high ranking offficials in the US military,im not making this up ! they did not think it was necessary to drop the bombs,their opinion is good enough for me !