Iran Isreal and US

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 05:35 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49827 wrote:
Israel has its own independence :lightbulb: scotland is part of the UK,and to become independent,the majority of the people concerned have to vote for it.
Also Israel was created against the wishes of the majority of the population of the people who actually lived there,not very democratic.

As previously stated, there was a large Jewish population in Israel at the time of its creation. And their ancestors inhabited the land, so why don't they have a right to it?
g-man

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 06:25 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49791 wrote:
The sad thing about that,is you really believe that crap.

What's sad about it? You think it would be better if they had more time on their hands so they could target innocent civilians?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:10 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;49833 wrote:
As previously stated, there was a large Jewish population in Israel at the time of its creation. And their ancestors inhabited the land, so why don't they have a right to it?

Because they were the minority :lightbulb: Israel was created against the wishes of the majority of the poulation,is that to hard to understand.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:16 am
@g-man,
g-man;49836 wrote:
What's sad about it? You think it would be better if they had more time on their hands so they could target innocent civilians?

If you want to believe that,then thats up to you,Iraq is a mess,92b and i,dont agree on very much but we both think american foreign policy in the middle-east is wrong.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 03:26 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49852 wrote:
Because they were the minority :lightbulb: Israel was created against the wishes of the majority of the poulation,is that to hard to understand.

Could not find pre-Israel demographics from shortly before the creation of Israel, but:

Ethnic Makeup of Israel
Jewish....................5,394,400 75.79%
Israeli Arab..............1,413,300 19.86%
Unaffiliated..............309,900 4.35%

According to wiki, Jews are in the majority, so the state of Israel has a right to exist now, I assume?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 04:06 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;49871 wrote:
Could not find pre-Israel demographics from shortly before the creation of Israel, but:

Ethnic Makeup of Israel
Jewish....................5,394,400 75.79%
Israeli Arab..............1,413,300 19.86%
Unaffiliated..............309,900 4.35%

According to wiki, Jews are in the majority, so the state of Israel has a right to exist now, I assume?

"Jews sre in the majority" no chit sherlock,after all Israel is a Jewish state,but i can assure you before its creation,the jews were in the minority.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 07:39 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49875 wrote:
"Jews sre in the majority" no chit sherlock,after all Israel is a Jewish state,but i can assure you before its creation,the jews were in the minority.

Okay, they were at least a third of the population at the time they declared the state of Israel, then millions immigrated and Arabs fled and they were certainly a majority in the very early years. So the Israeli population was majority Jewish not long after the initial Israeli-Arab conflicts. So matter settled right? Can't get rid of Israel now, right?
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:48 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49852 wrote:

They wooped the Brits asses, too, at that exact time. Why didn't the Brits protect the majority, against those evil Israelis? Again, it's convenient to be Scottish, isn't it?:no:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:22 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;49890 wrote:
Okay, they were at least a third of the population at the time they declared the state of Israel, then millions immigrated and Arabs fled and they were certainly a majority in the very early years. So the Israeli population was majority Jewish not long after the initial Israeli-Arab conflicts. So matter settled right? Can't get rid of Israel now, right?

That makes it ok then :beat:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:34 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;49910 wrote:
They wooped the Brits asses, too, at that exact time. Why didn't the Brits protect the majority, against those evil Israelis? Again, it's convenient to be Scottish, isn't it?:no:

IMo the Brits shouldn't have been there in the 1st place,i dont like imperialism.
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:59 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49934 wrote:
That makes it ok then :beat:

I'd like to see a counterargument from your position as to why it doesn't instead of dodging it.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:16 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;49948 wrote:
I'd like to see a counterargument from your position as to why it doesn't instead of dodging it.

How im i dodging it ? i have given my reasons above,which you seem to have dismissed,the fact is Israel WAS created against the wishes of the majority on the population who actually lived there.
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:19 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49950 wrote:
How im i dodging it ? i have given my reasons above,which you seem to have dismissed,the fact is Israel WAS created against the wishes of the majority on the population who actually lived there.

Fine, but that's irrelevant since the majority of Israelis are Jews today.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:23 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;49953 wrote:
Fine, but that's irrelevant since the majority of Israelis are Jews today.

But it wasn't at the time of its creation,cant you get that into your skull,ofcourse the majortity of Israelis are jews,its a jewish state.
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:30 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49955 wrote:
But it wasn't at the time of its creation,cant you get that into your skull,ofcourse the majortity of Israelis are jews,its a jewish state.

Quote:
Fine, but that's irrelevant.

I could keep posting that until you look up the meaning of irrelevant or explain why it matters.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:35 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;49960 wrote:
I could keep posting that until you look up the meaning of irrelevant or explain why it matters.

Its irrelavant ! you have to be joking (then again probably not)
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:36 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49962 wrote:
Its irrelavant ! you have to be joking (then again probably not)

Yes, what does this have to do with current affairs? You can complain about it all you want, but it still doesn't matter any more.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:41 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;49963 wrote:
Yes, what does this have to do with current affairs? You can complain about it all you want, but it still doesn't matter any more.

"It dosen't matter anymore" to whom are you talking about,i can assure you it does matter,to the people who were displaced from their homes and the arab world as a whole,so it clearly does matter,and has been one of the main reasons of conflict in the middle-east for decades to the present day.
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:46 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49965 wrote:
"It dosen't matter anymore" to whom are you talking about,i can assure you it does matter,to the people who were displaced from their homes and the arab world as a whole,so it clearly does matter,and has been one of the main reasons of conflict in the middle-east for decades to the present day.

So the majority mattered then but not now. If this is what you think, let's go back even further. Are the Arabs the only surviving group who lived in Israel? If no, who were the previous inhabitants? Why were they displaced? Did the majority of them want to be kicked out of their homeland or persecuted for centuries?

It's odd how the Muslims are always the good guys.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 04:00 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;49968 wrote:
So the majority mattered then but not now. If this is what you think, let's go back even further. Are the Arabs the only surviving group who lived in Israel? If no, who were the previous inhabitants? Why were they displaced? Did the majority of them want to be kicked out of their homeland or persecuted for centuries?

It's odd how the Muslims are always the good guys.

Who said the muslims are always the good guys ? not me.

You just cant seem to get it into your head the creation of the state of Israel is responsible for a lot of problems in the middle-east,nope the jews did not want to be kicked out or persucuted for centuries,(christians doing most of the persecution) but it was the jews who did the kicking out when the state of israel was created.