Iran Isreal and US

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 07:17 am
@g-man,
g-man;49573 wrote:
1. We were discussing sanctions against Israel. You stated the occupied lands were illegal. I did not pick the subject. So, yes, you picked and chose. What is debateable about who started that war? Arab armies were closing in on all sides. Were they all in a defense mode? I also asked where I might find any details on the sanctions against Israel. I find lots of request for sanctions by Palestinians, but no actual sanctions. I'm sure you'll be able to help.
2. I'm not familiar with comments made by the president suggesting that Iraq was responsible for 9-11. I know VP Cheney has suggested that terrorist would follow us home from Iraq and they likely would. Iraq has been a great place to battle Al Queda. Since the war began, many Al Queda went to Iraq for the honor of fighting Americans. Probably a big mistake on many of their parts. If America cuts and runs like we did in Viet Nam, there will be a blood bath of those who supported us (as there was in Nam) in the hope of a free nation and a new haven for terrorist.

Israel actually attacked first,and yes the occupation of the golan heights and west bank are illegal,but the Us being the most powerful country in the world and a close ally of israel dosent support any sanctions.

Bush did link Iraq with 9/11 as did rumsfield and cheney,AQ were not in iraq proir to 9/11 and had no links with saddam,bin laden actually called saddam an infidel,iraq was a secular state not a radical islamic,the US cant stay in Iraq forever,cant you see that american troops on muslim lands only adds fuel to the fire,they dont want you there.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 10:33 am
@scooby-doo cv,
Israel has since maintained that the country went to war because of a threat of an imminent attack from Egypt after egyptian president Abdul Nasser moved troops into the Sinai Peninsula.Yitzak rabin ( a later prime minister of Israel ) is quoted in the french newspaper,La Monde (29 february 1968): "I do not believe that nasser wanted war.The two divisions that he sent into sinai on May 14th would not have been enough to unleash an offensive against Israel.He knew it and we knew it." In 1982,Menachem Begin (another Prime Minister of Israel ) made a speech in which he stated that "The Egyptian Aramt concentrations in the Sinai do not prove that Nasser was about to attack us.We must be honest with ourselves.We decided to attack him."
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:06 am
@scooby-doo cv,
During the war,the USS liberty,an unarmed USA spy ship is attacked by iraeli warplanes and torpedo boats off the coast of Egypt.34 US sailors are killed.Other US naval ships based in the mediteranean assume that Egypt was the attacker and send out nuclear capable warplanes to attack Cairo.These are called back at the last moment,The story is buried - for example it appears on page 29 of the US newspaper the New York Times.The Israelis apaoligize,saying the attack was an accident.

The surviving crew members are told not to discuss the incident on pain of court-martial.Their medals are awarded without publicity,the citations failinf to mention Israel.The crew are separated by being given different posting.

30 years later,a USa-Israeli plot is exposed.The idea was to attack a US ship,blame the Egyptians and use the incident as an excuse to invade Egypt and depose the Egyptian President.The plan Operation Cyanide,had been discussed two months before the war by a secret organisation called the 303 commititee.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:16 am
@hatukazi,
The accusations of how the war began by Israel stepping up border attacks come from websites of Palestinian nature. What else would they say? Your last post is more accurate. Nasser did not want war although he had called for the destruction of Israel. He was surprised that Israel reacted with ultimate force to his blocking the Atrait of Tiran. For someone who did not want war, he packed the Sinai Pen. with troops. Begin was playing nice for the sake of detente' since peace had been accomplished between Egypt and Israel. A lesson the rest of the Arab world refuses to learn. Negotiation minus atrocity.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:23 am
@g-man,
g-man;49591 wrote:
The accusations of how the war began by Israel stepping up border attacks come from websites of Palestinian nature. What else would they say? Your last post is more accurate. Nasser did not want war although he had called for the destruction of Israel. He was surprised that Israel reacted with ultimate force to his blocking the Atrait of Tiran. For someone who did not want war, he packed the Sinai Pen. with troops. Begin was playing nice for the sake of detente' since peace had been accomplished between Egypt and Israel. A lesson the rest of the Arab world refuses to learn. Negotiation minus atrocity.

Oh my information comes from a website of palestinian nature,where does the US-Israel get its info from :beat:
g-man

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:39 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49593 wrote:
Oh my information comes from a website of palestinian nature,where does the US-Israel get its info from :beat:

Don't be offended that I found the evidence for your statement on a Palestinian web site after asking "ask.com" the question, "who started the six day war".
The evidence that I read was found at AOL.com.
After quipping, I'm asking you to please follow up with dialog on statements made.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:48 am
@g-man,
g-man;49595 wrote:
Don't be offended that I found the evidence for your statement on a Palestinian web site after asking "ask.com" the question, "who started the six day war".
The evidence that I read was found at AOL.com.
After quipping, I'm asking you to please follow up with dialog on statements made.

Evidence,there was quotes from 2 former Israeli Prime Ministers,we all know the victors tend to write the history,and the US is a close ally of Israel,so what do you expect from them.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:59 am
@hatukazi,
The fact that Israel was attacked or counter attacked by 6 Arab nations who's battle cry was "Destroy Israel" justifies to me the taking of the properties won in battle. A battle cry that thirty two years later still resounds through Arabia. Israel, not fault free, but determined to survive, has the right to do what they can to exist. They have the support of the free world in their endeavor.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 12:56 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49597 wrote:
The fact that Israel was attacked or counter attacked by 6 Arab nations who's battle cry was "Destroy Israel" justifies to me the taking of the properties won in battle. A battle cry that thirty two years later still resounds through Arabia. Israel, not fault free, but determined to survive, has the right to do what they can to exist. They have the support of the free world in their endeavor.

Oh right.so it dosent matter who attacked who first now,israel is right and and the palestinians are wrong,even though they were the ones who lost their land,lets just create a new country in a land occupied by others.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 05:02 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49332 wrote:
So, you approved of the Hussein regime?
Saudi Arabia, was an ally to all previous administrations as well.

He was an evil bastard,who the US backed,but Its not up to the US who controls a country,the US have backed dictators all round the world when it suited them,Saudi Arabia an ally LOL they are one of the biggest sponsors of islamic terrorism,Iraq was a secular state not an extreme islamic one like the Saudis.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:24 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49598 wrote:
Oh right.so it dosent matter who attacked who first now,israel is right and and the palestinians are wrong,even though they were the ones who lost their land,lets just create a new country in a land occupied by others.

Who owned the land now occupied by Israel is debateable. The Jews and Christians of the world believe it was the Jews. Or more importantly, it was the promised land. Promised by God. He seems to carry a lot of weight with those folks. War and decimation has been a method of obtaining property since the inception of the cave man. The Jews are the only ones who are so vehemently hated for being "given" land by the UN. The Palestinians who happen to be Arab could easily be absorbed into many Arab populations and go about getting jobs or creating businesses. Jews, don't have that option. They've lived among other populations and had some pretty bad experiences with it. Wouldn't you say?
g-man

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:32 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49598 wrote:

There are definite advantages to befriending leaders of nations who do not lead as we wish that they would. When there is no movement within a nation to change a form of government there is no hope for success in attempting change.
Yes, the U.S, supported Hussein as he was enemy to Iran. Who the U.S. views as a potential enemy. When he attacked a nation we were "friendlier" to, he got spanked.
May I ask what nation your luxury kennel is located in?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 11:50 am
@g-man,
g-man;49613 wrote:
Who owned the land now occupied by Israel is debateable. The Jews and Christians of the world believe it was the Jews. Or more importantly, it was the promised land. Promised by God. He seems to carry a lot of weight with those folks. War and decimation has been a method of obtaining property since the inception of the cave man. The Jews are the only ones who are so vehemently hated for being "given" land by the UN. The Palestinians who happen to be Arab could easily be absorbed into many Arab populations and go about getting jobs or creating businesses. Jews, don't have that option. They've lived among other populations and had some pretty bad experiences with it. Wouldn't you say?

I can't agree that Christians of the world believe the land now occupied by Israel is or should be owned by the Jews. Perhaps this is true in America but in Europe which is overwhelmingly Christian I would say that there is a substantial majority who would disagree with your assertion.

You are right to say that war has been a method of obtaining property since the inception of the caveman. However the difference here is that the Jews were given Palestine by an organisation ( the UN) which was set up to try to settle disputes by agreement - with no regard for the Palestinian people who had occupied the land for almost 2000 years.

It is too late for the state of Israel to be disbanded (or destroyed) as most Arabs would certainly wish. What would go a long way to sealing a peaceful & lasting settlement is for Israel to return all of the land it won in the 6 day war & for its borders to return to the way they were in 1967. Instead Israel allows extreme right wing 'settlers' to set up homes on Palestinian land whilst at the same time declaring a wish for a peaceful settlement.

Anyone with a modicum of sense can see that a Palestinian government could only sell a treaty based on this premise. They would then be under huge pressure (from both moderate Arab nations & international governments) to accept and stick to, a settlement. The alternative is for the Middle East to continue being the major trouble spot of the world for hundreds of years to come.
g-man

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 12:30 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
1. I wouldn't call it an "assertion". More of a guess. Likely incorrect. But, Israel is a nation who Christians believe has the right to exist. Being resentful of attacks on her defenseless, guiltless citizens in lieu of negotiation. Supporting her right to return the favor of violence when violence is visited upon her.
2. The Jews have given a substantial portion of property back to the Palestinians. If they gave all of it back + 50k square miles, Palestinians would find another reason to kill them. They have been educated to kill. They would revolt against any Palestinian government that favored compromise.
3. Israel claims a desire for peace to accommodate their western support. They would prefer being left alone, but stand ready to react to any incursion.
4. The mid east will always be a trouble spot as they see no other reason for their own being.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 04:42 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49636 wrote:
1. I wouldn't call it an "assertion". More of a guess. Likely incorrect. But, Israel is a nation who Christians believe has the right to exist. Being resentful of attacks on her defenseless, guiltless citizens in lieu of negotiation. Supporting her right to return the favor of violence when violence is visited upon her.
2. The Jews have given a substantial portion of property back to the Palestinians. If they gave all of it back + 50k square miles, Palestinians would find another reason to kill them. They have been educated to kill. They would revolt against any Palestinian government that favored compromise.
3. Israel claims a desire for peace to accommodate their western support. They would prefer being left alone, but stand ready to react to any incursion.
4. The mid east will always be a trouble spot as they see no other reason for their own being.

The state of israel was born out of terrorism,the hagganah,irgun and stern gang were all terrorist groups,who included which included former Israeli Prime Ministers,Ariel Sharon,Yitzk Shamir,Monachem Begin and Yitzak Rabin,so Israel cant really take the high ground when it comes to terrorism.
You say that the jews gave back a substantial prtion of property back,thats very charitable of them,giving them their own land back,while building illegal settlements at the same time.
Part of the reason the middle-east is a trouble spot is western interference,they have a different culture and way of lfe which we in the west dont agree with,but its their way of life,the middle-east was carved up by the west after world war 1,then the new state of Israel is created on palestinian land against the wishes of the majority of the population who lived there.
Then we have the oil that the middle-east has in abundance and the west wants its greedy paws on,and has for decades backed dictators who suited them,but it dosent always work out that way,if the middle-east had no oil,the west wouldn't give a chit about them.
g-man

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 06:30 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49640 wrote:

1. The state of israel was born out of terrorism,the hagganah,irgun and stern gang were all terrorist groups,who included which included former Israeli Prime Ministers,Ariel Sharon,Yitzk Shamir,Monachem Begin and Yitzak Rabin,so Israel cant really take the high ground when it comes to terrorism.
2. You say that the jews gave back a substantial prtion of property back,thats very charitable of them,giving them their own land back,while building illegal settlements at the same time.
3. Part of the reason the middle-east is a trouble spot is western interference,they have a different culture and way of lfe which we in the west dont agree with,but its their way of life,the middle-east was carved up by the west after world war 1,then the new state of Israel is created on palestinian land against the wishes of the majority of the population who lived there.
4. Then we have the oil that the middle-east has in abundance and the west wants its greedy paws on,and has for decades backed dictators who suited them,but it dosent always work out that way,if the middle-east had no oil,the west wouldn't give a chit about them.

1. Though one can not deny that Jews partook in terrorism, the majority of that terrorism was aimed at British soldiers. But, terrorism is terrorism. Jewish terrorist when captured were hanged for their participation. Jewish prisons are full of terrorist who have not been hanged and are traded by the hundreds for individual Jews who are kidnapped. Israel did not come to fruition as a successful result of Jewish terrorism. A lesson lost on Arabs.
2. Not charitable, simply prudent in trying to maintain a healthy relationship with the west. They have nothing to hang their heads over. They won a war with six Arab nations. Spoils of war and all.
3. I may in part agree with your statement as to why the ME will remain a trouble spot concerning western interference. The greatest reason is their lack of concern for the welfare of their people. As you and I have discussed in another thread. The powers that be in Arab states live high on the hog and give a twit about the future of their people as they refuse to offer education or support individualism. Daily life being a matter of not breaking any rule that would offend any male.
Israel was created against the objections of the neighbors and inhabitants.
Perhaps some insight to the wisdom of giving any decisive powers to the U.N..
4. True, without the oil "purchased" from the mid east, life in the ME would be beautiful. Let's not take into consideration the trillions paid to Arab entities who ignore fellow Arabs and allow them to live in stone and straw huts. development of water and food sources being the last thing on their minds.
That most certainly must be the fault of "greedy westerners" who "purchase" a product provided by "OPEC" an Arab entity.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 08:47 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49649 wrote:
1. Though one can not deny that Jews partook in terrorism, the majority of that terrorism was aimed at British soldiers. But, terrorism is terrorism. Jewish terrorist when captured were hanged for their participation. Jewish prisons are full of terrorist who have not been hanged and are traded by the hundreds for individual Jews who are kidnapped. Israel did not come to fruition as a successful result of Jewish terrorism. A lesson lost on Arabs.
2. Not charitable, simply prudent in trying to maintain a healthy relationship with the west. They have nothing to hang their heads over. They won a war with six Arab nations. Spoils of war and all.
3. I may in part agree with your statement as to why the ME will remain a trouble spot concerning western interference. The greatest reason is their lack of concern for the welfare of their people. As you and I have discussed in another thread. The powers that be in Arab states live high on the hog and give a twit about the future of their people as they refuse to offer education or support individualism. Daily life being a matter of not breaking any rule that would offend any male.
4. True, without the oil "purchased" from the mid east, life in the ME would be beautiful. Let's not take into consideration the trillions paid to Arab entities who ignore fellow Arabs and allow them to live in stone and straw huts. development of water and food sources being the last thing on their minds.
That most certainly must be the fault of "greedy westerners" who "purchase" a product provided by "OPEC" an Arab entity.

Israel is the only civilized society in the Middle East. It's Western, and must be defended by the Greater West, at all costs. Islam is irreconcilable with Western Civilization. Judaism has been a part of it since the beginning.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:36 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;49656 wrote:
Israel is the only civilized society in the Middle East. It's Western, and must be defended by the Greater West, at all costs. Islam is irreconcilable with Western Civilization. Judaism has been a part of it since the beginning.

"Islam is irreconcilable with western civalisation" You better tell that to the Bush family,who are close friends with the Saudi Royal family,one of the most extreme islamic states.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:32 am
@hatukazi,
Go easy on him, scooby. Not all of us know that Bush has to follow sharia in the presence of Saudi royal family members.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:10 am
@g-man,
g-man;49649 wrote:

The bottom line for me in all of this is that America has made itself unpopular all over the world by basing its foreign policy on short-sighted self interest. This has resulted in it being hated by many peoples all over the world (not just in the Middle East). It is a pity because America could have been a real force for good in the world by backing the oppressed, (if of course it chose to get involved at all) & therefore earning the respect & love of downtrodden people worldwide.

Can't anyone in America see that the rise of Islamic fundamentalism is due in small part to the actions of their government?
0 Replies