Iran Isreal and US

g-man

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:36 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49313 wrote:
1. "Need" is not a matter of oppinion, i can safely say we don't NEED to support any nation, and i wouldn't be putting words in anyones mouth.

3. That is not what you said, you said "GOVERMENT".

4. Yes, but that is irrelevant.

5. Then you would agree that we need to support ALL righteous nations, correct? Also, what about Israel makes them righteous in your mind?

1. Ok, I concede that we have no "need". Would "interest" be more appropriate?
3. Yes, I said government action considered acceptable by the American people.
4. Hardly irrelevant. It is likely the greatest stumbling block to a lasting peace between East and West. The only way Arabs will ever consider the west worthy of negotiating with is if we abandon the liberal attitudes concerning morality and take up the sword against any who sin or speak out of their comfort zone.
5. Israel is as righteous as any nation you may mention. They at least respond to their people. They do not conduct their government business with a thumb on the people.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 12:24 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49332 wrote:
So, you approved of the Hussein regime?
Saudi Arabia, was an ally to all previous administrations as well.

Did i say i approve of the saddam regime,iraq had nothing tto do with 9/11,saudi arabia had far more connections to 9/11 than iraq did,bin laden is a saudi,15 of the bombers were saudis,so why invade iraq,we know saddam was a evil bastard,the US government know that better than anyone,they knew all about what happened to the kurds,in the massacre that was brought up at his trial,yet even after that they continued to back him,dont you remember rumsfields visit to baghdad.
g-man

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 01:42 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49341 wrote:
Did i say i approve of the saddam regime,iraq had nothing tto do with 9/11,saudi arabia had far more connections to 9/11 than iraq did,bin laden is a saudi,15 of the bombers were saudis,so why invade iraq,we know saddam was a evil bastard,the US government know that better than anyone,they knew all about what happened to the kurds,in the massacre that was brought up at his trial,yet even after that they continued to back him,dont you remember rumsfields visit to baghdad.

Iraq had been defeated with a coalition force supported by the U.N.. The U.N. created a set of rules for Iraq to comply with. Hussein continually ignored and toyed with U.N. inspections and no fly rules. The U.S. with a smaller coalition asked the U.N. to lead the action to remove Hussein, since he was the driving force behind the non-compliance of U.N. sanctions. They refused to be involved as they may have been too busy counting money from the oil for food scandal. The U.S. took the sanctions serious, if Hussein or the U.N. did or not. That was the reason for the invasion. Not 9-11. That may not be sufficient for many. But, it was the price Iraq paid for attacking and occupying a neighbor.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 02:21 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49345 wrote:
Iraq had been defeated with a coalition force supported by the U.N.. The U.N. created a set of rules for Iraq to comply with. Hussein continually ignored and toyed with U.N. inspections and no fly rules. The U.S. with a smaller coalition asked the U.N. to lead the action to remove Hussein, since he was the driving force behind the non-compliance of U.N. sanctions. They refused to be involved as they may have been too busy counting money from the oil for food scandal. The U.S. took the sanctions serious, if Hussein or the U.N. did or not. That was the reason for the invasion. Not 9-11. That may not be sufficient for many. But, it was the price Iraq paid for attacking and occupying a neighbor.

Saddam was not a threat to the US,the no fly zones in the noth and south of the country were keeping him in check,why did bush cheney rumsfield etc all link iraq with 9/11 and weapons of mass destruction.

Iraq had already paid the price for invading and neighbour in the first gulf war,israel and turkey are not complying with UN resolutions,will the US ivade them ?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 04:44 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49334 wrote:
1. Ok, I concede that we have no "need". Would "interest" be more appropriate?
3. Yes, I said government action considered acceptable by the American people.
4. Hardly irrelevant. It is likely the greatest stumbling block to a lasting peace between East and West. The only way Arabs will ever consider the west worthy of negotiating with is if we abandon the liberal attitudes concerning morality and take up the sword against any who sin or speak out of their comfort zone.
5. Israel is as righteous as any nation you may mention. They at least respond to their people. They do not conduct their government business with a thumb on the people.

1. yes
3. sad but true, considering a 5th of all Americans can't locate their own country on a map, and yet these people are making political decisions!
4. Please explain to me what "sharia Law" has to do with anything?
5. There a a great many of "righteous" nations yet we don't support them....why is that?
DurtySanches

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 10:18 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49312 wrote:
Thats a pretty poor reason. I'd prefer we attack no nation!

Not that i'm saying we should be afraid of them, but wouldn't you agree we should avoid having poisin mail and blown up buildings?

ummm.....the US DOES support itself, not sure what you're trying to say here but you just shot yourself in the foot.

World oppinion does matter, thats exactly why we shouldn't be in the middle-east.
Quote:
Thats a pretty poor reason. I'd prefer we attack no nation!

You said "no benifits." I proved you wrong. A poor reason in your opinion is still a reason. Prefer in one hand and **** in the other, see which fills first.
Quote:
Not that i'm saying we should be afraid of them, but wouldn't you agree we should avoid having poisin mail and blown up buildings?
Why? War is our nature. Since the dawn of our time.
Quote:
ummm.....the US DOES support itself, not sure what you're trying to say here but you just shot yourself in the foot.
I think otherwise.
Quote:
World oppinion does matter, thats exactly why we shouldn't be in the middle-east.
Why is it ok for one and not the other, your being hypocritical. You ask for the support of other nations and are concerned of there opinion of us but for Isreal you could give a ****? The hole is in your foot, not mine!
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 01:31 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;49439 wrote:
You said "no benifits." I proved you wrong. A poor reason in your opinion is still a reason. Prefer in one hand and **** in the other, see which fills first.

a reason is not the same as a benefit!

Quote:
Why? War is our nature. Since the dawn of our time.

yeah and strangling small animals is the nature of some people, but does that make it right? Does that mean we shouldn't try to stop it?

Quote:
I think otherwise.

Is that all you got? Please come up with a better response than this.

Quote:
Why is it ok for one and not the other, your being hypocritical. You ask for the support of other nations and are concerned of there opinion of us but for Isreal you could give a ****? The hole is in your foot, not mine!

Actually i don't think we should support other nations, the whole rationality is why should we support nation X and not nation Y when both are "righteous"?

and please if you're gonna call me a hypocrite please know what it means...
hatukazi

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:31 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49332 wrote:
So, you approved of the Hussein regime?
Saudi Arabia, was an ally to all previous administrations as well.

Saddam Hussein and his family were allowed to do a great many atrocities to the Kurdish residents of Iraq for many years with no intervention from the US, why didn't we care that he poison gassed his citizens??

Because the UN and our government dont really care about people, thats why, just try and just try and take over Kuwait and threaten our profit margin and see what happens then.

...and were the Kuwaiti's and their government appreciative of our efforts and loss of life?? did they even want us in their country after the republican guard was routed?? did they make one single effort to repay us??

SO WHY DO WE BOTHER????????? policing the world just isnt our (thankless) job.

Every muslim country HATES the US, even if they claim to be our allies so why cant we just leave them to their own nefarious devices and get on with the business of fixing America's problems and cut them the hell off (like a tumor) and see how well they manage on their own.
g-man

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 08:47 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49367 wrote:
1. yes
3. sad but true, considering a 5th of all Americans can't locate their own country on a map, and yet these people are making political decisions!
4. Please explain to me what "sharia Law" has to do with anything?
5. There a a great many of "righteous" nations yet we don't support them....why is that?

3. The voting public. The only ones politicians care for their thoughts. Except when they can use their delimmas as a tool for more votes.
4. Sharia law is the source of most injustice in Arab nations. Very effective yet abhorrently cruel and unfair. A system they would love to impose on the west.
5. Were those nations the target of desire for elimination, we may need to consider further support.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 08:52 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;49455 wrote:
Saddam Hussein and his family were allowed to do a great many atrocities to the Kurdish residents of Iraq for many years with no intervention from the US, why didn't we care that he poison gassed his citizens??

Because the UN and our government dont really care about people, thats why, just try and just try and take over Kuwait and threaten our profit margin and see what happens then.

...and were the Kuwaiti's and their government appreciative of our efforts and loss of life?? did they even want us in their country after the republican guard was routed?? did they make one single effort to repay us??

SO WHY DO WE BOTHER????????? policing the world just isnt our (thankless) job.

Every muslim country HATES the US, even if they claim to be our allies so why cant we just leave them to their own nefarious devices and get on with the business of fixing America's problems and cut them the hell off (like a tumor) and see how well they manage on their own.

I would not venture to say that economics does not play a part in decisions. But, why would it not?
You're right, others should aggressively aid in the policing of the world. Demanding and enforcing fair play for the down trodden.
Since quick easy global travel exist, there is no such thing as leaving people alone. If they commit terror or show signs of aggression toward us or an ally, they place themselves in the cross hairs.
DurtySanches

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:18 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49444 wrote:

yeah and strangling small animals is the nature of some people, but does that make it right? Does that mean we shouldn't try to stop it?

Actually i don't think we should support other nations, the whole rationality is why should we support nation X and not nation Y when both are "righteous"?

Quote:
So the billions we gain when they buys the stuff is what? A detriment?
Quote:
yeah and strangling small animals is the nature of some people, but does that make it right?
It makes it right now. You know, where reality resides.
Quote:
Does that mean we shouldn't try to stop it?
Have at it, but you should branch out more. This forum is such a small place to be heard. Try politics, LOL.
Quote:
NO! You don't boss me, LOL.
Quote:

Shall we take a poll?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:58 am
@g-man,
g-man;49464 wrote:
I would not venture to say that economics does not play a part in decisions. But, why would it not?
You're right, others should aggressively aid in the policing of the world. Demanding and enforcing fair play for the down trodden.
Since quick easy global travel exist, there is no such thing as leaving people alone. If they commit terror or show signs of aggression toward us or an ally, they place themselves in the cross hairs.

"demanding and enforcing fair play for the down trodden" LOL

When will the US enforce UN resolutions against israel and turkey,and invade saudi arabia and install democracy,like in iraq,we all know how the US loves democracy :wtf:
g-man

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 09:42 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49504 wrote:

When will the US enforce UN resolutions against israel and turkey,and invade saudi arabia and install democracy,like in iraq,we all know how the US loves democracy :wtf:

I've tried google, and ask.com. I can not find existing sanctions against Israel. where do I find these? I easily found demands by Palestine for sanctions.

Of course all problems that exist that prevent democracy in nations where the populace does not actively pursue freedom, military action would prove fruitless. Saudi Arabia has not attacked and occupied any neighbors lately to provoke action.
Explain your comment, "we all know how the U.S. loves democracy" please.
g-man

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 09:44 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49504 wrote:

Is this a scoff at the attitude of the U.S.? Or mankind in general?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 12:08 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49539 wrote:
Is this a scoff at the attitude of the U.S.? Or mankind in general?

The US the great bastion of democracy,when it suits them.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 12:14 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49538 wrote:
I've tried google, and ask.com. I can not find existing sanctions against Israel. where do I find these? I easily found demands by Palestine for sanctions.

Of course all problems that exist that prevent democracy in nations where the populace does not actively pursue freedom, military action would prove fruitless. Saudi Arabia has not attacked and occupied any neighbors lately to provoke action.
Explain your comment, "we all know how the U.S. loves democracy" please.

Yhe illegal occupation of the golan heights and west bank.

Saudi arabia is one of the biggest sponsors of terrorism,it is one of the most extreme tyranical islamic state's,is the US going to continue its goal of democracy in the middle-east ? why not start with saudi arabia,i wont hold my breathe.
g-man

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 01:18 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49560 wrote:

1. Yhe illegal occupation of the golan heights and west bank.

2. Saudi arabia is one of the biggest sponsors of terrorism,it is one of the most extreme tyranical islamic state's,is the US going to continue its goal of democracy in the middle-east ? why not start with saudi arabia,i wont hold my breathe.

1. Was the attack by, I believe six Arab nations with the intent of "wiping Israel from the earth" legal? When a nation is attacked, it may sometimes consider itself worthy of a price after winning.
2. If and when Saudi Arabia becomes openly hostile toward our ally Israel, action will likely be considered. They are a two faced nation which puts effort into hiding their intents. Hard to simply attack them without provocation. The entities that would stand against sponsors of terror have the problem of left wing organizations nipping at their heals about proof. So, as a left winger, perhaps you can provide the proofs necessary.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 01:53 pm
@g-man,
g-man;49563 wrote:
1. Was the attack by, I believe six Arab nations with the intent of "wiping Israel from the earth" legal? When a nation is attacked, it may sometimes consider itself worthy of a price after winning.
2. If and when Saudi Arabia becomes openly hostile toward our ally Israel, action will likely be considered. They are a two faced nation which puts effort into hiding their intents. Hard to simply attack them without provocation. The entities that would stand against sponsors of terror have the problem of left wing organizations nipping at their heals about proof. So, as a left winger, perhaps you can provide the proofs necessary.

I call that picking and choosing dont you,who started the 6 day war is actually debatable,the fact is they are still classed asthe "occupied lands" to this day tells you something.

Bush and the rest of the neo-cons continually linked 9/11 with iraq before and after the war,even thought there was no proof of this whatsoever,and the mysterious WMDs,that were never found,Bush then talks about bringing democracy to iraq and the middle-east,what about saudi arabia,now they did have close links with 9/11.
DurtySanches

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 07:24 pm
@hatukazi,
When did the iraq war start for you?
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 08:15 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;49564 wrote:

1. I call that picking and choosing dont you,who started the 6 day war is actually debatable,the fact is they are still classed asthe "occupied lands" to this day tells you something.

Bush and the rest of the neo-cons continually linked 9/11 with iraq before and after the war,even thought there was no proof of this whatsoever,and the mysterious WMDs,that were never found,Bush then talks about bringing democracy to iraq and the middle-east,what about saudi arabia,now they did have close links with 9/11.

1. We were discussing sanctions against Israel. You stated the occupied lands were illegal. I did not pick the subject. So, yes, you picked and chose. What is debateable about who started that war? Arab armies were closing in on all sides. Were they all in a defense mode? I also asked where I might find any details on the sanctions against Israel. I find lots of request for sanctions by Palestinians, but no actual sanctions. I'm sure you'll be able to help.
2. I'm not familiar with comments made by the president suggesting that Iraq was responsible for 9-11. I know VP Cheney has suggested that terrorist would follow us home from Iraq and they likely would. Iraq has been a great place to battle Al Queda. Since the war began, many Al Queda went to Iraq for the honor of fighting Americans. Probably a big mistake on many of their parts. If America cuts and runs like we did in Viet Nam, there will be a blood bath of those who supported us (as there was in Nam) in the hope of a free nation and a new haven for terrorist.