Iran Isreal and US

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:18 pm
@hatukazi,
Quote:
well black people in america were persecuted with the only escape of leaving so i guess that seem like de facto forcing them off, and yet here they still are. Amazing huh?

That would be a valid point if black people did not flee to the north, and those who couldn't wanted to.

Quote:
Well it looks like you were wrong either way. Their land ws never taken and they weren't forced off their land (which is pretty much the same thing), the jews left by choice

The land was taken, and they were pretty much forced to leave for their personal well being. The choice of whether to leave or not was clear. If they wanted a better life, they had to leave.

Quote:
Not only were they not forced off their land but the people (Romans) who controled the land after they left were not even the same people the jews took the land back from (Arabs). So if i leave a patch of land for 1,000+ years then i can militarily take it back even if the people who now own the land were not the ones who controled it directly after i left?

It's not vengeance against the people, it's the reclamation of the land. Besides, the Jews stayed through Roman rule, many left only after the Muslims took over and started persecution.

Again, the Romans, the Muslims, both took the land by force. Why the double standard for the Jews?

Quote:
apparently you don't know history very well, it was not the muslims who controlled the land it was the romans, not even the same people the jews took it from.

See above. The Jews inhabited the land throughout Roman rule.

Quote:
The jews had priveliges other minority religions did not, legally the jews weren't even allowed to worship their god they must accept the roman gods, but unlike other religious groups the jews weren't held to this law.

Yes, I know. But I am talking about Muslim persecution. That is the major issue here.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:03 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51140 wrote:
That would be a valid point if black people did not flee to the north, and those who couldn't wanted to.

the whole point is that black people didn't leave, under persecution So why did the jews? It's no stretch of th imagination to say that blacks suffer more persecution that did the jews.

Quote:
The land was taken, and they were pretty much forced to leave for their personal well being. The choice of whether to leave or not was clear. If they wanted a better life, they had to leave.

It's funny that other peoples that suffered greater persution remained in their prospective lands.

Quote:
It's not vengeance against the people, it's the reclamation of the land. Besides, the Jews stayed through Roman rule, many left only after the Muslims took over and started persecution.

the diaspora was initially started under Roman rule.

Quote:
Again, the Romans, the Muslims, both took the land by force. Why the double standard for the Jews?

did I say the Romans were justified in taking it? No, so then it isn't a double standard.

Quote:

Yes, I know. But I am talking about Muslim persecution. That is the major issue here.

persecution is not sufficent reason to retake land that was given up thousands of years ago. The jewish people are the only people that i am aware of that completely gave up their land under the influence of persecution.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:12 pm
@hatukazi,
Quote:
the whole point is that black people didn't leave, under persecution So why did the jews? It's no stretch of th imagination to say that blacks suffer more persecution that did the jews.

They did leave, when they could. It simply wasn't as easy.

Quote:
It's funny that other peoples that suffered greater persution remained in their prospective lands.

Better examples than African Americans?

Quote:
the diaspora was initially started under Roman rule.

But many remained and did not leave until the Muslims. Besides, many went to Rome. It's obvious that they had it okay during Roman Rule. Still oppressed. The Muslims were the worst.

Quote:
persecution is not sufficent reason to retake land that was given up thousands of years ago. The jewish people are the only people that i am aware of that completely gave up their land under the influence of persecution.

That's ridiculous. Why would you expect them to stay? Native americans went on to reserves. Muslims left Spain. Jews left Middle European countries again for Poland. Muslims to Pakistan and Hindus to India. Greeks to Greece. Buddhists to Nepal, etc. Those are just the ones that come to mind. By your logic the Arabs had no right to be there then. They were conquerers. So it's just as well that the Jews retook the land.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:33 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51170 wrote:
They did leave, when they could. It simply wasn't as easy.

Did the persecution end with slavery? Thats something you should ask Dr.MLK

Quote:
Better examples than African Americans?

Native Americans, the Kurds, the mamelukes, the Britanians, The Celts, the goths etc...

Quote:
But many remained and did not leave until the Muslims. Besides, many went to Rome. It's obvious that they had it okay during Roman Rule. Still oppressed. The Muslims were the worst.

agreed

Quote:

That's ridiculous. Why would you expect them to stay? Native americans went on to reserves. Muslims left Spain. Jews left Middle European countries again for Poland. Muslims to Pakistan and Hindus to India. Greeks to Greece. Buddhists to Nepal, etc. Those are just the ones that come to mind. By your logic the Arabs had no right to be there then. They were conquerers. So it's just as well that the Jews retook the land.

Do you actually think native americans went to reserves by choice? Have you heard of the trail of tears? Muslims of spain(moors) were not only not the inhabitants but they were the invaders and were forced out by frankish forces! Are you on crack? Hinduism began in india (persian empire). What does muslim growth in pakistan have to do with this? The example of jews moving to europe is actually hurting your case. Greeks to greece? what the **** are you talking about?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:44 pm
@hatukazi,
Quote:
Did the persecution end with slavery? Thats something you should ask Dr.MLK

They had the capability to fight from where they were. There would have been no outcry if they killed all the Jews.

Quote:
the Britanians, The Celts, the goths etc...

They had nowhere to go. Rome was everywhere.

Quote:

Do you actually think native americans went to reserves by choice? Have you heard of the trail of tears?

Blanket statement. Some were just tired of fighting.

Quote:
Muslims of spain(moors) were not only not the inhabitants but they were the invaders and were forced out by frankish forces!

Reminiscent of Israel, except in both places Muslims did indeed settle.

Quote:
Hinduism began in india (persian empire). What does muslim growth in pakistan have to do with this?

When the modern nations were created, minority religious members fled to their respective stares for fear of persecution.

Quote:
The example of jews moving to europe is actually hurting your case.

Don't see how. Different time, different set of Jews. Unless you're implying there's something genetic going on. Anti-Semite.

Quote:
Greeks to greece?

That got the desired effect. You see Turkey on a map lately? Wasn't always there, FYI.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:50 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51185 wrote:
They had the capability to fight from where they were. There would have been no outcry if they killed all the Jews.

You know this how? You psychic or something?

Quote:
They had nowhere to go. Rome was everywhere.

that didn't stop the jews now did it?

Quote:
Blanket statement. Some were just tired of fighting.

Point being?

Quote:
Reminiscent of Israel, except in both places Muslims did indeed settle.

The muslims invaded spain and not israel.

Quote:
When the modern nations were created, minority religious members fled to their respective stares for fear of persecution.

and how many of them tried to reclaim their original homeland nearly 2,000 years later?

Quote:
Don't see how. Different time, different set of Jews. Unless you're implying there's something genetic going on. Anti-Semite.

no becuase even at that time they didn't return and try to reclaim middle-europe as a "jewish state"

Quote:

That got the desired effect. You see Turkey on a map lately? Wasn't always there, FYI.

either was spain, greece, Iraq, Israel, armenia, france, hungary, Britain, India, Iran, Russia, germany, Italy etc....
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 01:37 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51192 wrote:

Point being?

and how many of them tried to reclaim their original homeland nearly 2,000 years later?

no becuase even at that time they didn't return and try to reclaim middle-europe as a "jewish state"

either was spain, greece, Iraq, Israel, armenia, france, hungary, Britain, India, Iran, Russia, germany, Italy etc....

LOL i could name a few more country's if you want Very Happy :thumbup:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 03:40 pm
@hatukazi,
Quote:

The Emperor could have killed the Jews and gotten away with it. That would be a logical position.

Quote:

Those that emigrated to Rome were obviously not fleeing persecution.

Quote:
Point being?

They voluntarily stopped fighting and went on the reserves.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure they invaded Israel too.

Quote:

It hasn't been anywhere close to 2,000 years since the formation of India and Pakistan, which were created to provide a new homeland. The Jews had no homeland after leaving Israel.

Quote:

Because they could not return in greater numbers than those who persecuted them. They would have been unsafe. However, Jews are now the large majority in Israel. It is the only home many of them have ever known. Why do you expect them to leave?

Quote:

Actually, all of those have at least had a regional identity for longer than Turkey. But that's beside the point, which is that the Ottomans conquered Byzantium and the Greeks fled to Greece. Or were persecuted until they converted or fled. Which is why there are virtually no Christians in Turkey today. So, they fled because of persecution.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 04:00 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51235 wrote:
The Emperor could have killed the Jews and gotten away with it. That would be a logical position.

the emporer could have killed anyone and gotten away with it, he is the ******* emporer

Quote:
Those that emigrated to Rome were obviously not fleeing persecution.

i'm not talking about that now am I? The celts, goths and whatever other persecuted ethnic group could have left their lands like the jews but they didn't, you have still not provided a single example of an ethnic/religious group that was forced of their land and then reclaimed it thousands of years later

Quote:
They voluntarily stopped fighting and went on the reserves.

um yeah because they were dying, but do you think native americans have the right to reclaim the United States for themelves???

Quote:
It hasn't been anywhere close to 2,000 years since the formation of India and Pakistan, which were created to provide a new homeland. The Jews had no homeland after leaving Israel.

i'm not talking about pakistan or India, i'm talking about Israel.

Quote:
Because they could not return in greater numbers than those who persecuted them. They would have been unsafe. However, Jews are now the large majority in Israel. It is the only home many of them have ever known. Why do you expect them to leave?

first of all the jews still and weren't anymore safe in Israel than they were in europe, and secondly i don't expect the current jews in israel to leave, i merely condemn the action of taking Israel from the people who were already living there.

Quote:
...and the Greeks fled to Greece.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

this is probably the dumbest thing you've said so far, and does not merit a response.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 04:29 pm
@hatukazi,
Quote:
the emporer could have killed anyone and gotten away with it, he is the ***ING emporer

And they could not simply have killed all of the African Americans.

Quote:
i'm not talking about that now am I? The celts, goths and whatever other persecuted ethnic group could have left their lands like the jews but they didn't, you have still not provided a single example of an ethnic/religious group that was forced of their land and then reclaimed it thousands of years later

I provided those that were persecuted off their land. That's all you wanted. If the Jews were persecuted off their land then the clear choice was to leave and they are justified in coming back when they can.

Quote:

um yeah because they were dying, but do you think native americans have the right to reclaim the United States for themelves???

I think I've said that I believe they do.

Quote:
i'm not talking about pakistan or India, i'm talking about Israel.

Don't be stupid, these are the requested examples of people persecuted off their land.

Quote:
first of all the jews still and weren't anymore safe in Israel than they were in europe, and secondly i don't expect the current jews in israel to leave, i merely condemn the action of taking Israel from the people who were already living there.

So problem solved, the past is over, go ahead and condemn them, your opinion.

Quote:
this is probably the dumbest thing you've said so far, and does not merit a response.

If you disregard the fact that it is true and the context it was provided in, it does sound redundant.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 05:48 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51246 wrote:
And they could not simply have killed all of the African Americans.

Not sure if you're aware of your history but intentional killing of african americans did occur on a regular basis.

Quote:
I provided those that were persecuted off their land. That's all you wanted. If the Jews were persecuted off their land then the clear choice was to leave and they are justified in coming back when they can.

i never contested the fact that other groups of people were persecuted, but you didn't provide a group that was persecuted off their land and then tried to take it back a thousand or more years later.

Quote:
Don't be stupid, these are the requested examples of people persecuted off their land.

and the examples of the people returning to the land 1,000+ years later are where?

Quote:
So problem solved, the past is over, go ahead and condemn them, your opinion.

that's the only thing i've been trying to say this whole time, is that it's wrong, what i don't have the right to express my oppinion?

Quote:

If you disregard the fact that it is true and the context it was provided in, it does sound redundant.

No, it's not true! Greece was not even a country at that time, it was divided into various independant city-states, Greece didn't become an idependant country untill 1829, that's more than a thousand years later.

Greeks did not exist in 543 AD, only Athenians, Spartans, Dorians, Ionians, Minoans, and Dorians
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 07:30 pm
@hatukazi,
Quote:
Not sure if you're aware of your history but intentional killing of african americans did occur on a regular basis.

And was denounced. But they couldn't commit mass genocide. The justice system was screwed up enough for lynching to be a sport, but if it got much worse, there would be even more national pressure on them.

Point is Caesar could have killed all the Jews, the South could not get away with killing every black person.

Quote:
i never contested the fact that other groups of people were persecuted, but you didn't provide a group that was persecuted off their land and then tried to take it back a thousand or more years later.

Unfortunately, that cannot happen often as people who lose all their land are usually never in a position to regain it again. However, there have been resurgent peoples. How about the Risorgimento? United Italy under Rome was praised by Dante, etc. and philosiphers that supported Italian unification. And there was no really independent Italian state of any significance besides the minor duchies and Republics and maybe the somewhat better ones like Venice and Genoa. Anyway, a united Italy with an identity that was Italian was never there. That's quite a long time from the barbarian takeover of Italy to the reunification of Italy.

There are other such examples. Most Jews left Israel, I realize this. But quite a few stayed.

Quote:
that's the only thing i've been trying to say this whole time, is that it's wrong, what i don't have the right to express my oppinion?

I don't recall saying that. But I won't try to argue about past events.

Quote:
No, it's not true! Greece was not even a country at that time, it was divided into various independant city-states, Greece didn't become an idependant country untill 1829, that's more than a thousand years later.

Greeks did not exist in 543 AD, only Athenians, Spartans, Dorians, Ionians, Minoans, and Dorians

It's quite true. Constantinople did not fall until 1453. It's culture was distinctly Greek, as in Greek culture as a whole, not a subdivision of Greece. Greece was certainly more or less a regional identification and a single culture by this time. All the city states had been clumped together for a thousand years as Greece, and it became a reality. They were not so different from eachother that you could not tell they were all Greek. Eventually the fact that they had so much in common led to them being categorized together by their rulers.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 09:32 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51249 wrote:
And was denounced. But they couldn't commit mass genocide. The justice system was screwed up enough for lynching to be a sport, but if it got much worse, there would be even more national pressure on them.

Point is Caesar could have killed all the Jews, the South could not get away with killing every black person.

the south would never want to kill all the blacks and the emporer never wanted to kill all the jews. If he wanted to he would've and there would be nothing to stop him.

Quote:
Unfortunately, that cannot happen often as people who lose all their land are usually never in a position to regain it again. However, there have been resurgent peoples. How about the Risorgimento? United Italy under Rome was praised by Dante, etc. and philosiphers that supported Italian unification. And there was no really independent Italian state of any significance besides the minor duchies and Republics and maybe the somewhat better ones like Venice and Genoa. Anyway, a united Italy with an identity that was Italian was never there. That's quite a long time from the barbarian takeover of Italy to the reunification of Italy.

Had the italian's have completely left italy by choice, and then suddenly 1,500 years later decided to take it back just because they lived there once, i would have opposed this action, but that is not the case.

Quote:

It's quite true. Constantinople did not fall until 1453. It's culture was distinctly Greek, as in Greek culture as a whole, not a subdivision of Greece. Greece was certainly more or less a regional identification and a single culture by this time. All the city states had been clumped together for a thousand years as Greece, and it became a reality. They were not so different from eachother that you could not tell they were all Greek. Eventually the fact that they had so much in common led to them being categorized together by their rulers.

That's is also wrong, there was no unified greek culture either, you say this looking to the past knowing they would eventually unite, but the different city-states had their own distinct cultures, this was the reason it took them so long to unite as one nation, even when the well-being of all greek city-states were under threat they had difficulty co-operating becuase they each had their own cultures. The spartan's were imfamously know for the way they raised their children to be warriors this type of behavior was foreign to the athenians who were a more knowledge oriented city-state who had their unique competitions which is seen today as the ancestor of the olympics, the minoans also had their own culture.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 08:12 pm
@hatukazi,
Clinton blows CHUNKS.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 08:29 pm
@hatukazi,
Quote:
the south would never want to kill all the blacks and the emporer never wanted to kill all the jews. If he wanted to he would've and there would be nothing to stop him.

But there would have been something to stop the genocide of Southern blacks, which is the point.

Quote:
That's is also wrong, there was no unified greek culture either, you say this looking to the past knowing they would eventually unite, but the different city-states had their own distinct cultures, this was the reason it took them so long to unite as one nation, even when the well-being of all greek city-states were under threat they had difficulty co-operating becuase they each had their own cultures. The spartan's were imfamously know for the way they raised their children to be warriors this type of behavior was foreign to the athenians who were a more knowledge oriented city-state who had their unique competitions which is seen today as the ancestor of the olympics, the minoans also had their own culture.

Ancient Greece is not the only manifestation of Greece, but you seem to be focused on it. I am talking about 1453 AD. Byzantine and Greek culture were singular and synonomous, and the Byzantines were distinctly Greek.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:56 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51398 wrote:
But there would have been something to stop the genocide of Southern blacks, which is the point.

it doesn't matter either way because it didn't happen, you can play the "If game" all you want but it won't change the past.

Quote:

Ancient Greece is not the only manifestation of Greece, but you seem to be focused on it. I am talking about 1453 AD. Byzantine and Greek culture were singular and synonomous, and the Byzantines were distinctly Greek.

byzantine empire was simply the remains of the Roman empire, and even if it were to be considered "uniquely greek" which is debatable it was still 1,000 years after the diaspora.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 03:37 pm
@hatukazi,
Obviously you have lost sight of the original argument. The Byzantine Greeks from Byzantine lands fled the Ottomans and went to Greece.

I believe this was an example of an entire ethnic group fleeing their homeland because of persecution, it didn't have to be related to the Jews.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 06:05 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51474 wrote:
Obviously you have lost sight of the original argument. The Byzantine Greeks from Byzantine lands fled the Ottomans and went to Greece.

I believe this was an example of an entire ethnic group fleeing their homeland because of persecution, it didn't have to be related to the Jews.

byzantines fled to greece....

how is that comparable to the jews leaving an area and then recapturing it 1,500 years later?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 09:50 pm
@hatukazi,
Quote:
byzantines fled to greece....

how is that comparable to the jews leaving an area and then recapturing it 1,500 years later?

Well, again, this was before you changed it to stipulate that they had to come back 2,000 years later. Like the Jews, they fled merely out of fear of persecution.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:56 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51548 wrote:
Well, again, this was before you changed it to stipulate that they had to come back 2,000 years later. Like the Jews, they fled merely out of fear of persecution.

That of itself is of no significance, many groups of people have fled regions but that doesn't help your point since it is the unjust return that i have condemned and not the leaving.
0 Replies