Congress should pass a resolution condemning Rush Limbaugh

wvpeach

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 02:59 pm
@Campbell34,
Strange isn't it campbell that modern Republicans remind us of the Publicans jesus spoke of in the bible?

Campbell34;40690 wrote:
Well history teaches us, that the Republican party was started by those who were opposed to slavery. The Republican party was not started by those who
were worried about states rights. And Lincoln from the beginning was against slavery himself. (This is historical fact)

States Rights to Lincoln, may of been like Weapons of Mass destruction was to Bush.
(That was my opinion)

And the prior comment I stated was taken from, The American Civil War: Reaction to President Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation
The American Civil War:* Reaction to President Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation
Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 03:16 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40693 wrote:
And today, Lincoln would be seen as more closely aligned with the Democratic Party...so I'm not sure at all about the references to Republicans and a liberal stance on slavery.

I don't see how you could believe that, I'm sure the Democrats would be calling him a warmonger and telling him to bring the troops home. Lincoln would have a strong stand against abortion, so they would be hitting him on that. And Lincoln always stated you don't raise the level of the poor by taxing the rich, so they would be hitting him on that as well. Lincoln would agree on very little of what Democrats push today. And the reason for that is because Lincolns belief system was founded on the Bible.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 03:23 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;40696 wrote:
Strange isn't it campbell that modern Republicans remind us of the Publicans jesus spoke of in the bible?

Whatever they remind you of, I will always remember that it was the Republicans that pushed Pro-Life laws, and it was the Democrats that supported any kind of abortion a woman wanted. Even the Late Term Abortions.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 05:26 pm
@wvpeach,
Hey Campbell, are you going to accept my challenge to you about a debate on the truth of Christianity or are you going to slink away like the coward I suspect you are?

Cmon man, youre looking pretty lame here, just like you looked on hipforums.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 06:22 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40698 wrote:
I don't see how you could believe that, I'm sure the Democrats would be calling him a warmonger and telling him to bring the troops home. Lincoln would have a strong stand against abortion, so they would be hitting him on that. And Lincoln always stated you don't raise the level of the poor by taxing the rich, so they would be hitting him on that as well. Lincoln would agree on very little of what Democrats push today. And the reason for that is because Lincolns belief system was founded on the Bible.

Bull CaCa.....you are not in Lincoln's head any more than you are in Hillary's head...stop projecting. There is no documentation to support your claims.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 06:43 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40712 wrote:
Bull CaCa.....you are not in Lincoln's head any more than you are in Hillary's head...stop projecting. There is no documentation to support your claims.

I all ready gave you documentation on Hillary, what documentation are you talking about?
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 08:29 pm
@wvpeach,
Hey Campbell, what are you afraid of bro?

Afraid that your faith is as weak as your debate skills?
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 09:28 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40715 wrote:
I all ready gave you documentation on Hillary, what documentation are you talking about?

The documentation that Hillary supports late term abortion
Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 11:07 pm
@wvpeach,
She only supports it when the health risks are great. Campbell, you are wrong.

Quote:
Q: Are there circumstances when the government should limit choice?

LAZIO: I had a pro-choice record in the House, and I believe in a woman’s right to choose. I support a ban on partial-birth abortions. Senator Moynihan called it “infanticide.” Even former mayor Ed Koch agreed that this was too extreme a procedure. This is an area where I disagree with my opponent. My opponent opposes a ban on partial-birth abortions.

CLINTON: My opponent is wrong. I have said many times that I can support a ban on late-term abortions, including partial-birth abortions, so long as the health and life of the mother is protected. I’ve met women who faced this heart-wrenching decision toward the end of a pregnancy. Of course it’s a horrible procedure. No one would argue with that. But if your life is at stake, if your health is at stake, if the potential for having any more children is at stake, this must be a woman’s choice.

Source: Senate debate in Manhattan Oct 8, 2000 On The Issues
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 12:47 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;40747 wrote:

It just grates my nerves, to be painted by conservatives as the devil's scions. Like liberals are for any and all abortion...and like we don't advocate preventative measures..and see abortion as the course of last resort.
At least libs and Democrats, don't abandon the infants after they are born...Repubs are content that mothers fend for themselves, or if said children become wards of the state...to let their lives play out in typical fashion...headed for foster care, and/or the criminal justice system, perpetuating the status quo.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:09 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40741 wrote:
The documentation that Hillary supports late term abortion

This is Hillary's response to the Supreme Court ruling banning late term abortions.
"It is precisely this erosion of our constitutional rights that I warned against when I opposed the nominations of Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito," said Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y.
I have the link below, and don't tell me she doesent support late term abortions. And until the Supreme Court acted, a woman could get one for any reason they wanted. The procedure was barbaric, and supported by most in the Democratic party. Hillary is more worried and upset about a womans right to have her child ripped apart, than the lives of these children.

Supreme Court ruling raises ‘08 stakes - Tom Curry - MSNBC.com
Campbell34

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:19 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40752 wrote:
It just grates my nerves, to be painted by conservatives as the devil's scions. Like liberals are for any and all abortion...and like we don't advocate preventative measures..and see abortion as the course of last resort.
At least libs and Democrats, don't abandon the infants after they are born...Repubs are content that mothers fend for themselves, or if said children become wards of the state...to let their lives play out in typical fashion...headed for foster care, and/or the criminal justice system, perpetuating the status quo.

Former President Carter raps Democrats pro-abortion stand

Washington, Nov. 4, 2005 (CWNews.com) Former US President Jimmy Carter has scholded leaders of his own Democratic Party for their support of UNRESTRICTED abortion.
Do you understand what UNRESTRICTED abortion means. Liberals do support any and all abortions. Where have you been for the last 40 years?

Catholic World News : Former President Carter raps Democrats' pro-abortion stand
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:26 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40866 wrote:
This is Hillary's response to the Supreme Court ruling banning late term abortions.
"It is precisely this erosion of our constitutional rights that I warned against when I opposed the nominations of Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito," said Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y.
I have the link below, and don't tell me she doesent support late term abortions. And until the Supreme Court acted, a woman could get one for any reason they wanted. The procedure was barbaric, and supported by most in the Democratic party. Hillary is more worried and upset about a womans right to have her child ripped apart, than the lives of these children.

Supreme Court ruling raises ‘08 stakes - Tom Curry - MSNBC.com

You know, what I abhor most is the Republican dirty trick of taking folks (Democrats) out of context, and spinning it to their own ends.

Campbell, it's precisely what you did. May I refer you to :

Hillary Clinton on Abortion
Campbell34

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:42 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;40747 wrote:

She may only support it when the health risks are great, but as the law is written, a woman can get a late term abortion for any reason they want, so what Hillary supports, has little to do with the reality of what is happening. Today, late term abortion is commonly used for birth control.
Campbell34

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 02:01 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40869 wrote:
You know, what I abhor most is the Republican dirty trick of taking folks (Democrats) out of context, and spinning it to their own ends.

Campbell, it's precisely what you did. May I refer you to :

Hillary Clinton on Abortion

The facts are, late term abortions are almost always done for birth control which has little to do with the health of a woman. Hillary supports late term abortions for a womans health, yet the way the law is written if a woman gets up one day and doesen't feel good, she can claim she needs a late term, and she gets it. Now do you understand?
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 02:10 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40871 wrote:
She may only support it when the health risks are great, but as the law is written, a woman can get a late term abortion for any reason they want, so what Hillary supports, has little to do with the reality of what is happening. Today, late term abortion is commonly used for birth control.

Right...just like the American people being overwhelmingly against the Iraq War, but the reality of the situation meant that George Bush could execute it anyway, and damn what people thought.
Your premise was that Hillary was short of the Devil, himself, and now, after being supplied with documentation which clearly spells out her take on the matter , you twist and turn and spin your rhetoric to what women can do , under the law, is "criminal".
I don't give a rat's booty about what you happen to think is criminal...a woman's right to choose is paramount to any entity having jurisdiction over what she can and cannot do with her own body. It is a decision between her and her conscience (some would say, God)...but it's her's.
And many believe that fetuses and embryos are not bona fide human beings with feelings or rights, until they are viable, meaning that they can exist outside of the womb, independently.
end of story. I am pro-choice...it is not baby killing as you describe...there are two schools of thought, obviously...give it a rest.
kmchugh

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 04:32 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40869 wrote:

An ironic statement, considering the original intent of this thread was to discuss how the Democrats did exactly what you abhor to Limbaugh, don't you think?
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 08:09 am
@wvpeach,
I said it before. Windbag said what he said KNOWINGLY to increase his floundering ratings. Look how much attention he has gotten. Much like when a child stomps their feet, pouts and cries.

What I find ironic is the other assclown pundits TRY to spin it and say he was taken out of context, when they themselves have used the same ploy. (example: billy o'reilly and horse face coulter)

rush is a has been. Has been for years now.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:45 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40874 wrote:
Right...just like the American people being overwhelmingly against the Iraq War, but the reality of the situation meant that George Bush could execute it anyway, and damn what people thought.
Your premise was that Hillary was short of the Devil, himself, and now, after being supplied with documentation which clearly spells out her take on the matter , you twist and turn and spin your rhetoric to what women can do , under the law, is "criminal".
I don't give a rat's booty about what you happen to think is criminal...a woman's right to choose is paramount to any entity having jurisdiction over what she can and cannot do with her own body. It is a decision between her and her conscience (some would say, God)...but it's her's.
And many believe that fetuses and embryos are not bona fide human beings with feelings or rights, until they are viable, meaning that they can exist outside of the womb, independently.
end of story. I am pro-choice...it is not baby killing as you describe...there are two schools of thought, obviously...give it a rest.

A premature child of 6 months often will survive outside of a womans body with a little help, but late term abortions make sure thats not going to happen, especially after they suck the childs brains out. Yet I'm sure that little fact means nothing to you. Maybe you should watch a child have his brains sucked out when he is 8 or 9 months along, and then come back here and tell me he's not a baby.
wvpeach

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:50 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell this is a lie. First of all it costs more to have a late term abortion , money is always a factor. Second it is dangerous for the woman to have a late term abortion. Thirdly late term abortions often result in the woman becoming infertile.

You show yourself willing to lie to further your viewpoint. Late term abortions are rarely done , and they certainly are not used for birth control.

Campbell34;40871 wrote: