Congress should pass a resolution condemning Rush Limbaugh

wvpeach

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 12:03 am
Since congress is in the mood to pass resolutions condemning people who slander our soldiers. ( I agree by the way) I think Harry Reed is right on for asking Rush Limbaugh and his boss to apologize for Rush's recent slandering of American soldiers that do not agree with him. Its time everybody stops slandering US soldiers . They serve us proudly , past and present. Doesn't matter what you think about the wars , the soldiers do as they are told.

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/limbaugh-20070926-soldiers.mp3

This link will take you to a voice recording of Rush's slanderous comments about our Veterans. Its about a five minute conversation. He calls soldiers who do not agree with the war phony soldiers.

Then you may want to take a look at this link which will take you to a Vote for Veterans Voice Of America's Patriots web site and a ad they are planning to run nationally against this attack Rush made on soldiers. The vets basically tell Rush to shut his pie hole or meet them in person. I don't think Rush will have the courage to face them in person as he skipped out on the vietnam war. All these hypocrites who skipped out on serving the country during the vietnam war want to slander soldiers who disagree with them. I guess I should not be surprised.

[SIZE="6"]Warning[/SIZE] This video is graphic it shows all the gore of a soldier named Brian Mc Cough who received a head wound by a suicide bomber. It is a graphic video so don't say i didn't warn you. Its only about a minute long.

Vote Vets - Links

[SIZE="5"] I would like to thank Brian Mc Cough for his service to our country. [/SIZE]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,345 • Replies: 134
No top replies

briansol

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 12:55 am
@wvpeach,
man, i got all excited. that wasn't graphic. lol i wanted to see the head shot... Sad you let me down. lol

ok, back on topic...

freedom of speech... freedom of the press....

take those away, and america sucks.

While i don't necessarily agree with the comments, getting congress to alter the bill of rights over it is simply absurd.
Campbell34

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 01:26 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;40190 wrote:
Since congress is in the mood to pass resolutions condemning people who slander our soldiers. ( I agree by the way) I think Harry Reed is right on for asking Rush Limbaugh and his boss to apologize for Rush's recent slandering of American soldiers that do not agree with him. Its time everybody stops slandering US soldiers . They serve us proudly , past and present. Doesn't matter what you think about the wars , the soldiers do as they are told.

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/limbaugh-20070926-soldiers.mp3

This link will take you to a voice recording of Rush's slanderous comments about our Veterans. Its about a five minute conversation. He calls soldiers who do not agree with the war phony soldiers.

Then you may want to take a look at this link which will take you to a Vote for Veterans Voice Of America's Patriots web site and a ad they are planning to run nationally against this attack Rush made on soldiers. The vets basically tell Rush to shut his pie hole or meet them in person. I don't think Rush will have the courage to face them in person as he skipped out on the vietnam war. All these hypocrites who skipped out on serving the country during the vietnam war want to slander soldiers who disagree with them. I guess I should not be surprised.

[SIZE="6"]Warning[/SIZE] This video is graphic it shows all the gore of a soldier named Brian Mc Cough who received a head wound by a suicide bomber. It is a graphic video so don't say i didn't warn you. Its only about a minute long.

Vote Vets - Links

[SIZE="5"] I would like to thank Brian Mc Cough for his service to our country. [/SIZE]

WVPeach I listen to Rush and his statement on Phony Soliders, and Rush was pointing out how the Democrats look for anyone that they can point to as a solider that agrees with them. The Democrats just used a FAKE solider to try and make their point, his name was Jesse MacBeth. MacBeth never served in Iraq: he was never an Army Ranger. He was drummed out of the military in 44 days. He had his day in court; he never got the Purple Heart as he claimed, and he described all these war atrocities. He became a hero to the antiwar left. They love phoney soliders, and they prop'em up. When it is demonstrated that they have been lying about things, then they just forget about them. There's no retraction; there's no apology; there's no, "Uh-oh, sorry."

Rush: That was the transcript from yesterdays program, talking about one phoney solider. The truth for the left is fiction that serves their purpose, which is exactly the way the website, Media Matters, generated this story, fiction, OUT OF CONTEXT, did so knowingly. What is amazing is that after all of the examples of how this organization is simply a Democrat Party Hillary Clinton front group; how they constantly do this; how they take things out of context and embarrass themselves and get things wrong; they still have credible so-called journalists and others, members of Congress, Democrat Party, who treat what they say as gospel. Not one member of the media, not one congressman, nobody has called our office to ask, "Did you really say this? And what did you mean by it?" The reason this does not work, ladies and gentlemen, is that I have a 19-and-a-half-year record on this program of being one of the most devoted supporters of US military personnel in uniform that there is.

Now when you only play five minutes from Rush's program, you miss what the entire program was about. And unless you understand the full context of the program, you do truth a diservice.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 02:12 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40197 wrote:
WVPeach I listen to Rush and his statement on Phony Soliders, and Rush was pointing out how the Democrats look for anyone that they can point to as a solider that agrees with them. The Democrats just used a FAKE solider to try and make their point, his name was Jesse MacBeth. MacBeth never served in Iraq: he was never an Army Ranger. He was drummed out of the military in 44 days. He had his day in court; he never got the Purple Heart as he claimed, and he described all these war atrocities. He became a hero to the antiwar left. They love phoney soliders, and they prop'em up. When it is demonstrated that they have been lying about things, then they just forget about them. There's no retraction; there's no apology; there's no, "Uh-oh, sorry."

Rush: That was the transcript from yesterdays program, talking about one phoney solider. The truth for the left is fiction that serves their purpose, which is exactly the way the website, Media Matters, generated this story, fiction, OUT OF CONTEXT, did so knowingly. What is amazing is that after all of the examples of how this organization is simply a Democrat Party Hillary Clinton front group; how they constantly do this; how they take things out of context and embarrass themselves and get things wrong; they still have credible so-called journalists and others, members of Congress, Democrat Party, who treat what they say as gospel. Not one member of the media, not one congressman, nobody has called our office to ask, "Did you really say this? And what did you mean by it?" The reason this does not work, ladies and gentlemen, is that I have a 19-and-a-half-year record on this program of being one of the most devoted supporters of US military personnel in uniform that there is.

Now when you only play five minutes from Rush's program, you miss what the entire program was about. And unless you understand the full context of the program, you do truth a diservice.

Oh, if and when Democrats "lie", and "spin"...it's wrong, wrong, wrong...but when Republican do it, you better take it as gospel??????
Rush Limbaugh is a right wing, mouthpiece, who spews garbage. Moreover, he is an avowed "drug addict"....and if I got raked over the coals, on this very forum, for my past....then, why is there a double standard when it comes to one of your own?
The war is wrong...it's not unpatriotic, or un-American to say so. A soldier saying it only lends to the credibility. The majority of the American populace is against the damn war....last time I looked, majority rules.
No one in the Republican party will chastise Bush/Cheney....if you guys had any integrity, you'd impeach them yourselves. And that is a "big" If.
Campbell34

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 02:18 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40198 wrote:
Oh, if and when Democrats "lie", and "spin"...it's wrong, wrong, wrong...but when Republican do it, you better take it as gospel??????
Rush Limbaugh is a right wing, mouthpiece, who spews garbage. Moreover, he is an avowed "drug addict"....and if I got raked over the coals, on this very forum, for my past....then, why is there a double standard when it comes to one of your own?
The war is wrong...it's not unpatriotic, or un-American to say so. A soldier saying it only lends to the credibility. The majority of the American populace is against the damn war....last time I looked, majority rules.
No one in the Republican party will chastise Bush/Cheney....if you guys had any integrity, you'd impeach them yourselves. And that is a "big" If.

I did not debate the war here. I pointed out that taking Rush's comments out of contex did not serve the truth. I'm sorry you are having a melt down.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 02:34 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40199 wrote:
I did not debate the war here. I pointed out that taking Rush's comments out of contex did not serve the truth. I'm sorry you are having a melt down.

I'm not having a melt down...I just object to folks defending scum of the Earth...excuse that....."drugged out, scum of the Earth"
Campbell34

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 03:01 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40201 wrote:
I'm not having a melt down...I just object to folks defending scum of the Earth...excuse that....."drugged out, scum of the Earth"

Call them what you want, yet quoting someone out of context is still wrong.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 03:21 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40202 wrote:

And just because you said he was quoted out of context, don't make it so.
I'd sooner believe the soldier who called him out, than his lying, drugged out, cowardly self. With so many calling for his head...it's just a matter of time before he is 'Imus'ed". High time and good riddance it will be.
kmchugh

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 03:52 am
@Campbell34,
Jesse MacBeth as gospel truth. They were stupid enough to take them as truth, and never check them out. They are right. Legislators have at least a minimal responsibility to check out statements made by one man before acting on them.

4. Some folks are upset that national legislators would so obviously lie to try to get at a viewpoint they disagree with. I think they are right. This was a hamhanded attempt based in the belief that the average American was so stupid they would not even bother to check out the accusation. What does this tell you about what these legislators think of you? Apparently, they think you are even more stupid than they are.

All these things are bad, but there is something in this incident that is far worse, far more insidious. Let us suppose for just one minute that what these senators are saying was true. Suppose that Limbaugh did say that any soldier that did not agree with him and Bush were phony soldiers. So what? I would direct you to a little clause in the Constitution that allows him to do so:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 08:11 am
@briansol,
Well said brian and I agree.

kmchugh what I say below is for you too.

I started this thread in a attempt to advocate for free speech for all. Congress was silly enough to have passed a resolution last week condemning the slander of soldiers. Now goofy old rush walks right in to this one. Logically they have to ask him to apologize which they have. While I would like to see everybody lay off our men and women in uniform, it is a country of free speech and we cannot stop that.

I believe they should have never passed the resolution. I believe the KKK is made of a bunch of inbred half retarded idiots or mentally ill people. But even they have a right to free speech.

Congress passed a resolution condemning move.on ,org . Now where does it end? rush should apologize and let that be the end of it. Hopefully congress has learned a lesson from this, as those of us with average intelligence have.

I guess those people in congress have average intelligence.

briansol;40194 wrote:
man, i got all excited. that wasn't graphic. lol i wanted to see the head shot... Sad you let me down. lol

ok, back on topic...

freedom of speech... freedom of the press....

take those away, and america sucks.

While i don't necessarily agree with the comments, getting congress to alter the bill of rights over it is simply absurd.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 08:21 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell.

Well you just did it bud. You listen to Rush do you? Not regularly I hope as that man will certainly fill your head with very unchrist like crap.

Did you listen to the mp3 voice audio I provided campbell?

did you watch the video of a real soldier injured in Irag who called Rush out on it?

Let me know when you do. I did and I know what I heard. If Rush a draft dodger is going to talk bad about others he needs to understand he will get attacked back pure and simple that is human nature. Rush has certainly attacked many over the years. But then whines when he gets busted for Oxycotin drug abuse, he is being targeted. Probably and he deserves it , he is after all running his mouth daily.

Rush is a draft dodger and yet he puts down soldiers who come out to say this war is not working as we are going about it now. How hypocritical is that?

Don't try to convince me Rush is a good christian man cambell I reject that completely. Indeed if Rush came to know Christ hopefully we would see some changes to his rhetoric. I agree in telling the truth. rush bends the truth to fit his needs .

Campbell34;40197 wrote:

0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 08:26 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40198 wrote:

Well said Aaron and if the Republican party had the moral servitude to have held chaney and Bush accountable for the mess they have made of this country I would have real respect for them. Had they done that I might re register as a Republican. As it is I will not be voting for a Republican for a long long time. just can't trust them. They say one thing on the campaign trail and then do another when in office. Granted democrats do some of the same , but most of the time they do not claim the moral high ground.

This amounts to them being liars.:thumbdown:
wvpeach

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 08:29 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40202 wrote:

I agree but Rush should know better than to use the term phony soldier. And just prior to that he attacks a republican caller who calls in to say he thinks the war has accomplished all it can. Rush tells him that " no real republican is for bringing the troops home" rush is a closed mined ego maniac.he runs his mouth all the time and this is crap he deserves coming home to roost.

Don't expect many to defend him when he makes a mistake.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 09:25 am
@wvpeach,
Wow look it's liberal spin!

Rush's comment about "phony soldiers" was directed specifically at individuals who had not been in Iraq yet claimed that they had, and that while they were there that they witness atrocities. This is a ploy by Dem's to gain back some ground after the "General Betrayus" add.

I'm not a Rush fan, I think he's a bloat blowhard, but facts are facts
wvpeach

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 11:27 am
@Silverchild79,
Yep silverchild facts are facts and the fact is nowhere did rush clarify his remarks he did not use any soldiers names .

he just said that soldiers who do not agree with staying in Iraq are phony soldiers.

Now these soldiers have lots of opinions to be sure. Some think we should have never went to Iraq in the first place. Some think we should have went but do not like how the war is being handled as it is putting soldiers at risk. And I am sure you could find a 100 variants on those two themes.

Rush did not say that. [SIZE="4"]Rush called some soldiers phony and that is plain wrong.[/SIZE] Now if he would have mentioned a so called phony soldier by name that would have been different. But the [SIZE="4"]fact [/SIZE]is he did not . He said phony soldiers , just that and that is fact.

have you listened to the links I provided?

Silverchild79;40223 wrote:

Rush's comment about "phony soldiers" was directed specifically at individuals who had not been in Iraq yet claimed that they had, and that while they were there that they witness atrocities. This is a ploy by Dem's to gain back some ground after the "General Betrayus" add.

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 11:30 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;40236 wrote:
Yep silverchild facts are facts and the fact is nowhere did rush clarify his remarks he did not use any soldiers names .

he just said that soldiers who do not agree with staying in Iraq are phony soldiers.

Now these soldiers have lots of opinions to be sure. Some think we should have never went to Iraq in the first place. Some think we should have went but do not like how the war is being handled as it is putting soldiers at risk. And I am sure you could find a 100 variants on those two themes.

Rush did not say that. [SIZE="4"]Rush called some soldiers phony and that is plain wrong.[/SIZE] Now if he would have mentioned a so called phony soldier by name that would have been different. But the [SIZE="4"]fact [/SIZE]is he did not . He said phony soldiers , just that and that is fact.

have you listened to the links I provided?

I've been following the story for since it happened and what he was referring to is obvious unless you're looking to take something out of context so you can bash somebody

his remark was directed at soldiers who make false claims about their service, not about soldiers who disagree with the war and it was plainly obvious. If Harry Ried can't tell that by listening to the piece then he needs to brush up on his language comprehension
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 11:43 am
@wvpeach,
in fact, it's frivolous "gotcha back" mudslinging politics like this that have caused this congress to be one of the least productive in modern history, wasting more time on groundless inquiries while passing less legislation then the GOP did when they were in control and all around wasting America's time by being more interested in scoring political points for the 2008 election then they are at actually doing their job, legislating...

This whole topic is a joke and America knows it, that's why Congressional approval ratings this year, which just happens to be the year the Dem's took power, are at an al time low and roughly half that of the Presidents
FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 12:15 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40197 wrote:

WRONG AGAIN.

Rush used the plural for soldier which is SOLDIERS. Meaning more than one.

At least you're consistent in your errors.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 12:19 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40223 wrote:

Then perhaps you need to get yours straight. Limbaugh was referring to active duty soldiers that disagree with the ILLEGAL OCCUPATION of Iraq.

A ploy??? :beat:

LOL!

Do you read what you write before you post? :no:
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 12:21 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40242 wrote:
in fact, it's frivolous "gotcha back" mudslinging politics like this that have caused this congress to be one of the least productive in modern history, wasting more time on groundless inquiries while passing less legislation then the GOP did when they were in control and all around wasting America's time by being more interested in scoring political points for the 2008 election then they are at actually doing their job, legislating...

This whole topic is a joke and America knows it, that's why Congressional approval ratings this year, which just happens to be the year the Dem's took power, are at an al time low and roughly half that of the Presidents

OMFG! PLEASE cite your sources for that bit of wisdom.
0 Replies