Congress should pass a resolution condemning Rush Limbaugh

Campbell34

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 03:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40575 wrote:
this thread is about Rush Limbaugh not the bible

back on topic

Thankyou Silverchild I will try to stay on topic.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 04:01 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40541 wrote:
I'm sorry but Lincoln could not of kept the war going unless he had the support of his party, so no, it was not just Lincoln. And Lincoln was nothing like Hillary, Lincoln was a God fearing man that loved the Bible, and he also stated that you donot bring down the rich to lift the poor. Hillary does not believe any of that.
And the Bible clearly teaches that life begins at conception so forget your embryos. And no, I'm not going to compromise on murder. You tell your God how superior you are, and then tell Him how 50% of the unborn were better off dead anyway. Yeah, tell God there's a chance they might of ended up in the criminal justice system, so they needed to be killed. I'm sure He will understand. After all, it's mainly our generation that felt the need to kill our children by the millions. So tell your God He has to understand, we have free sex now, and if we want to have sex we will, and with whoever. And if God has a problem with that, He should come see you. And if a woman gets pregnant, no problem, we just abort that little gift from God away. Then we can move on to more free sex. Now make sure God gets it. OK

Can you quit with the bible abuse, already? You don't speak for God>
And God does fine by Himself...he doesn't need you to judge Hillary Clinton, me, or anyone else. Reality is something far removed from you....
And who the devil was talking about Lincoln and keeping the war going? Put the whiskey bottle down. Lincoln, maverick that he was, decided single-handedly, to free the slaves, as a slap against the Confederacy. Pull out a history book. It wasn't a plan of the collective Republican Party.
It's not a feather in their cap.
How the Sam Hill are you privy to what Hillary Clinton believes....are you the minister she makes confession to? No....so shut up, please.
And stop posting false information...the Bible doesn't speak to embryos nor abortion, nor the point of conception...
You, obviously, haven't a clue what you're talking about.
And as I always say, better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Word to the wise
Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 06:49 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40581 wrote:
Can you quit with the bible abuse, already? You don't speak for God>
And God does fine by Himself...he doesn't need you to judge Hillary Clinton, me, or anyone else. Reality is something far removed from you....
And who the devil was talking about Lincoln and keeping the war going? Put the whiskey bottle down. Lincoln, maverick that he was, decided single-handedly, to free the slaves, as a slap against the Confederacy. Pull out a history book. It wasn't a plan of the collective Republican Party.
It's not a feather in their cap.
How the Sam Hill are you privy to what Hillary Clinton believes....are you the minister she makes confession to? No....so shut up, please.
And stop posting false information...the Bible doesn't speak to embryos nor abortion, nor the point of conception...
You, obviously, haven't a clue what you're talking about.
And as I always say, better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Word to the wise

Please read a history book. The republican party was born in the 1850s by anti slavery activists. So yes, they do get a feather in their cap.
Hillary was very upset when the court stopped late term abortion. So I know what she believes.
Sorry for this departure from the topic.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 08:26 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40638 wrote:
Please read a history book. The republican party was born in the 1850s by anti slavery activists. So yes, they do get a feather in their cap.
Hillary was very upset when the court stopped late term abortion. So I know what she believes.

Key phrase...."born in the 1850's"....by the 1900"s the party platform did a complete reversal.
See the following:

Virginia Party Politics
The "Lily White" Movement: A Republican Party response to being labled "the Party of the Negro"

Despite continual African-American support, the Republican party increased efforts to recover white votes through a "lily white" movement. The Republican party proclaimed that it was a white man's party and had no room to accomodate African Americans. In "WILL IT WORK," published August 13, 1900, The Daily Progress questioned the feasibility and fairness of excluding African Americans from the Republican Party.

During this period, J.H. Rives, M.L. Price, and other Republican leaders wrote letters expressing "lily white" sentiments and frustrations towards the Democratic party which relentlessly continued to play the race card against the Republican party.

The African-American Republican leaders felt the full effects of the "lily white" movement when they, along with their delegation, were barred from the Republican Congressional Convention held at Luray in July, 1922. Charlottesville sent two delegations to this convention. One, led by R.N. Flannagan (President of the Henry Anderson Independent Club), was all white. The other, led by City Chairman L.W. Cox, included four African Americans. The convention decided to dismiss the Cox delegation and seat the "lily-white" faction of Charlottesville's Republicans

Where is the documentation for your absurd claim concerning Hillary Clinton, and her abortion stance? I suggest you don't know your own mind, let alone, Hillary's.
wvpeach

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:01 am
@Campbell34,
Okay now campbell how exactly do you know that Hillary was upset when they stopped partial birth abortion?

Some factual proof please?

Campbell34;40638 wrote:
wvpeach

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:04 am
@wvpeach,
One has only to look at men who are elected in the republican party to know they are a racist party. People like Strom Thurman, would never get elected to a democratic seat time and time again.

But both parties have sold us out , so it really doesn't matter who we vote for.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:08 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;40646 wrote:
Okay now campbell how exactly do you know that Hillary was upset when they stopped partial birth abortion?

Some factual proof please?

Peach,
Puh-leeze! Any more than I can say how you felt about your breakfast this morning. What he can "mind read", now?
As we saw with the "gun boat" debacle smear campaign against Kerry in 2004, and Papa Bush's "Willie Horton" smear against Dukakis...words can be mangled and distorted and misquoted to malign a candidate....another Republican "dirty trick".
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:29 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40639 wrote:
Key phrase...."born in the 1850's"....by the 1900"s the party platform did a complete reversal.
See the following:

Virginia Party Politics
The "Lily White" Movement: A Republican Party response to being labled "the Party of the Negro"

Despite continual African-American support, the Republican party increased efforts to recover white votes through a "lily white" movement. The Republican party proclaimed that it was a white man's party and had no room to accomodate African Americans. In "WILL IT WORK," published August 13, 1900, The Daily Progress questioned the feasibility and fairness of excluding African Americans from the Republican Party.

During this period, J.H. Rives, M.L. Price, and other Republican leaders wrote letters expressing "lily white" sentiments and frustrations towards the Democratic party which relentlessly continued to play the race card against the Republican party.

The African-American Republican leaders felt the full effects of the "lily white" movement when they, along with their delegation, were barred from the Republican Congressional Convention held at Luray in July, 1922. Charlottesville sent two delegations to this convention. One, led by R.N. Flannagan (President of the Henry Anderson Independent Club), was all white. The other, led by City Chairman L.W. Cox, included four African Americans. The convention decided to dismiss the Cox delegation and seat the "lily-white" faction of Charlottesville's Republicans

Where is the documentation for your absurd claim concerning Hillary Clinton, and her abortion stance? I suggest you don't know your own mind, let alone, Hillary's.

boston.com National News Obama, Clinton slam court on abortion ruling
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/07/18/obama_clinton_slam_court_on_a...

What ever the Republican party did in 1900 they saved the day in 1964 when it was the Republicans that voted 80% to pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
The Democrats in the House of Representatives could only get 62% of their membership to vote for that law. Appears the Democrats were a little shy on Civil Rights back then. And in the Senate the Democrats could only come up with 66% of the vote while the Republicans had a full 80%.
THE 1964 CIVIL RIGHTS ACT
wvpeach

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:40 am
@Campbell34,
I used to be a Republican campbell. I am a registered Independent and have been since daddy Bush's first term.

Your link doesn't work campbell. Please fix it if you can.

Campbell34;40655 wrote:
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/07/18/obama_clinton_slam_court_on_a...

What ever the Republican party did in 1900 they saved the day in 1964 when it was the Republicans that voted 80% to pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
The Democrats in the House of Representatives could only get 62% of their membership to vote for that law. Appears the Democrats were a little shy on Civil Rights back then. And in the Senate the Democrats could only come up with 66% of the vote while the Republicans had a full 80%.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:49 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;40648 wrote:
One has only to look at men who are elected in the republican party to know they are a racist party. People like Strom Thurman, would never get elected to a democratic seat time and time again.

But both parties have sold us out , so it really doesn't matter who we vote for.

It was the Republican Party that freed the slaves, and it was the Republican party that helped passed the 1964 Cival Rights Act. And there were hundreds of thousands of republicans that died so that slaves could go free. To say that Republicans are racist requires that you rewrite history. Even my great great Republican grand father walked with a limp for the rest of his life after a Democrat shot him in the foot.

The Democratic party could only come up with 62% of their membership in the House of Representatives, and 66% in the Senate.
It was the Republican party that came up with 78% of their membership in the house of Representatives, and 80% in the Senate.
And it was Al Gores Democratic father who voted againts that law and Sen. Robert Byrd Democrat of W. Va. who also voted against it.

0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 11:05 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;40658 wrote:
I used to be a Republican campbell. I am a registered Independent and have been since daddy Bush's first term.

Your link doesn't work campbell. Please fix it if you can.

Hope this link works, Clinton statment found here.

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/apr/07041902.html
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 11:27 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40655 wrote:

Oh, please....only after LBJ "shamed" them all into acting..if the Republican party is so "liberal" in their thinking and views, why is it, the KKK, always has aligned itself with the Republican Party...I'm thinking David Duke's runs for office.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 11:43 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40676 wrote:
Oh, please....only after LBJ "shamed" them all into acting..if the Republican party is so "liberal" in their thinking and views, why is it, the KKK, always has aligned itself with the Republican Party...I'm thinking David Duke's runs for office.

LBJ shamed them, well he didn't do such a good job for his party. The KKK has more to do with Southern Democrats then Republicans. And David Duke is not an example of a main line Republican. Down south just about anyone can run as a Republican. Duke has jumped back and forth between both parties.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 12:05 pm
@Campbell34,
The link worked campbell. I do not like what they said here. It is a simple matter to do a emergency c section after 6 months of pregnancy if the life of the woman is at stake . That way the baby has a chance to survive as does the mother. There is no excuse I can think of for a woman going six months into pregnancy and having a abortion anyway. What was she just too busy till she reached her six month?

Campbell34;40667 wrote:

And campbell my son who is a high school history teacher would I think disagree with your assumption that Lincoln and the Republicans went into the war to free the slaves. My son maintains they went into the war to preserve the Union and ports in the south. Here is a link from a quarterly book on history that my son receives . History teachers from his college get a quarterly kind of whats new in history and best article book that keeps them up to date on what is currently being written for the history books. The Claremont Institute - Forced into Gory Lincoln Revisionism You'll note in this article that Lincoln is quoted that if he could save the union by continuing slavery , he would and that if he could save the union by ending slavery he would. Lincoln himself believed that government had no right to force moral laws on its citizens. But he believed the union must be preserved at all cost. Freeing the slaves was just a happy consequence of the war.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 12:26 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;40681 wrote:
The link worked campbell. I do not like what they said here. It is a simple matter to do a emergency c section after 6 months of pregnancy if the life of the woman is at stake . That way the baby has a chance to survive as does the mother. There is no excuse I can think of for a woman going six months into pregnancy and having a abortion anyway. What was she just too busy till she reached her six month?

And campbell my son who is a high school history teacher would I think disagree with your assumption that Lincoln and the Republicans went into the war to free the slaves. My son maintains they went into the war to preserve the Union and ports in the south. Here is a link from a quarterly book on history that my son receives . History teachers from his college get a quarterly kind of whats new in history and best article book that keeps them up to date on what is currently being written for the history books. The Claremont Institute - Forced into Gory Lincoln Revisionism You'll note in this article that Lincoln is quoted that if he could save the union by continuing slavery , he would and that if he could save the union by ending slavery he would. Lincoln himself believed that government had no right to force moral laws on its citizens. But he believed the union must be preserved at all cost. Freeing the slaves was just a happy consequence of the war.

Long before the war Lincoln and the Republican party pushed for the freeing of the slaves. Yet offically Lincoln was not sure that the men of the north would fight to save slaves, so offically the war was fought to save the union.
Yet the war to save the Union was going so badly, Lincoln was forced to recognize that the main issue that was being fought over here was slavery. So on September twenty-second, eighteen-sixty-two he announced a new policy on slavery in the rebel southern states. His announcement became known as the Emancipation Proclamation.

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 12:27 pm
@wvpeach,
Way to go staying on topic people.

What does ANY of this have to do with windbag rush?

Campbell is notorious for hijacking threads with his lies and propaganda. I don't think he has EVER stayed on topic, here or ANY WHERE.

So since there appears to be no more discussion about windbag rush, this thread is over and done for me.
Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 12:40 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;40683 wrote:
Way to go staying on topic people.

What does ANY of this have to do with windbag rush?

Campbell is notorious for hijacking threads with his lies and propaganda. I don't think he has EVER stayed on topic, here or ANY WHERE.

So since there appears to be no more discussion about windbag rush, this thread is over and done for me.

Well, it was my hope to find out what Rushs stand was on slavery.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 12:44 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell here once again you are putting forth your opinion as fact when in fact your opinion on Lincoln is just that a opinion. Many historians argue it either way . And you have no way of knowing for certain what you say is fact is true. Only Lincoln could say for sure.

Campbell34;40682 wrote:
Long before the war Lincoln and the Republican party pushed for the freeing of the slaves. Yet offically Lincoln was not sure that the men of the north would fight to save slaves, so offically the war was fought to save the union.
Yet the war to save the Union was going so badly, Lincoln was forced to recognize that the main issue that was being fought over here was slavery. So on September twenty-second, eighteen-sixty-two he announced a new policy on slavery in the rebel southern states. His announcement became known as the Emancipation Proclamation.

The American Civil War:* Reaction to President Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation
Campbell34

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 01:24 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;40689 wrote:
Campbell here once again you are putting forth your opinion as fact when in fact your opinion on Lincoln is just that a opinion. Many historians argue it either way . And you have no way of knowing for certain what you say is fact is true. Only Lincoln could say for sure.

Well history teaches us, that the Republican party was started by those who were opposed to slavery. The Republican party was not started by those who
were worried about states rights. And Lincoln from the beginning was against slavery himself. (This is historical fact)

States Rights to Lincoln, may of been like Weapons of Mass destruction was to Bush.
(That was my opinion)

And the prior comment I stated was taken from, The American Civil War: Reaction to President Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 02:08 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;40690 wrote:
Well history teaches us, that the Republican party was started by those who were opposed to slavery. The Republican party was not started by those who
were worried about states rights. And Lincoln from the beginning was against slavery himself. (This is historical fact)

States Rights to Lincoln, may of been like Weapons of Mass destruction was to Bush.
(That was my opinion)

And the prior comment I stated was taken from, The American Civil War: Reaction to President Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation
The American Civil War: Reaction to President Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation

And today, Lincoln would be seen as more closely aligned with the Democratic Party...so I'm not sure at all about the references to Republicans and a liberal stance on slavery.