Reagaknight

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:53 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51049 wrote:
yeah, you let me know when when you get raped and impregnated how you feel about baring a child with the face of the man that raped you....but either way it doesn't really matter what we think because it's up to sudan whether they want to outlaw abortion or not.

First of all, that would be physically impossible. Second, it's not up to the mother whether or not to kill the child. Give it up for adoption, whatever, but it's a separate life.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:53 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
The whole point i'm trying to make here is you can't make a good absolute decision like that, If you make up your mind before hearing the issue you are A FOOL! Life isn't always black and white, there is gray area. You make you decision base upon the circumstances, like lying most of us would agree that lying is bad but there are cases where lying can be good, this goes for just about everything. Some people may call it being inconsistant but I call it being realalistic!
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:55 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51052 wrote:
The whole point i'm trying to make here is you can't make a good absolute decision like that, If you make up your mind before hearing the issue you are A FOOL! Life isn't always black and white, there is gray area. You make you decision base upon the circumstances, like lying most of us would agree that lying is bad but there are cases where lying can be good, this goes for just about everything. Some people may call it being inconsistant but I call it being realalistic!

Alternately, there are some issues where your basic principles should never change.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:58 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51053 wrote:
Alternately, there are some issues where your basic principles should never change.

Abortion isn't one of them

but i'm interesed in hearing what these "basic unchanging principals" are....
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:11 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51054 wrote:
Abortion isn't one of them

but i'm interesed in hearing what these "basic unchanging principals" are....

How about that there is no justification for the destruction of innocent human life. Does that come under moral relativity?
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:19 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Fatal - Red is not talking about a girl from Michigan getting pregnant in the back of her boyfriend's car. She speaks to the unspeakable that we turn our heads from. All that vermin should be eliminated from the face of the Earth, without question and without mercy.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:25 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51087 wrote:
How about that there is no justification for the destruction of innocent human life. Does that come under moral relativity?

....even if it saves a million times more innocent human lives?

like i said, you can't make a good absolute decision without knowing the circumstances!
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:34 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51093 wrote:
....even if it saves a million times more innocent human lives?

like i said, you can't make a good absolute decision without knowing the circumstances!

How could you possibly even entertain the thought that an unborn child will definitely grow up to a killer?

You can't. Because you have no idea.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:45 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51043 wrote:
If you subscribe to the belief that a life is a life no matter what and also believe in inherent equality of all humans, than what is being said here prejudiced against some unborn children because of the sins of the fathers. The fathers are extremist Muslims, so kill the children because they might grow up to be the same? They're 'vermin' simply because of their fathers? The problem is not with the unborn children, it is with the fathers, so why not go the extra mile and deal with them instead of killing innocent children?

So what's this "extra mile" we (America) go to deal with them?
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:47 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;51099 wrote:
So what's this "extra mile" we (America) go to deal with them?

Stopping the extremists.

Not their innocent children.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:50 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51100 wrote:
Stopping the extremists.

Kill the guilty ones, however.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:54 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51097 wrote:
How could you possibly even entertain the thought that an unborn child will definitely grow up to a killer?

You can't. Because you have no idea.

Did i say that?

I was talking about your so-called "absolute prinicipal" which turns out not to be so absolute after all....

face the facts, you CANNOT make a moral informed decision without knowing the circumstances, you simply cannot!
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:18 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51100 wrote:
Stopping the extremists.

In America? What's OUR extra mile that we do to protect OUR women?

You want an "extra mile"? Tack the word "Death" to a rape sentence. I guarantee that will drop it by a significant percentage.

IMHO, rapists, pedophiles, molesters, and other sexual criminals need an express lane to the electric chair. They are counterproductive to the systems of our societies.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:24 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51105 wrote:
Did i say that?

I was talking about your so-called "absolute prinicipal" which turns out not to be so absolute after all....

face the facts, you CANNOT make a moral informed decision without knowing the circumstances, you simply cannot!

I have yet to see the definitive, realistic situation where this applies to the aforementioned statement about human life. Your example was simply unrealistic.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:25 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;51104 wrote:
Kill the guilty ones, however.

Who would be the extremists.

What child is guilty?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:26 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;51113 wrote:
In America? What's OUR extra mile that we do to protect OUR women?

You want an "extra mile"? Tack the word "Death" to a rape sentence. I guarantee that will drop it by a significant percentage.

IMHO, rapists, pedophiles, molesters, and other sexual criminals need an express lane to the electric chair. They are counterproductive to the systems of our societies.

Well, I never argued against that idea. But what do you expect me to do about it?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:47 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51116 wrote:
I have yet to see the definitive, realistic situation where this applies to the aforementioned statement about human life. Your example was simply unrealistic.

Truman orders the nuclear bomb to be droped on Japan....

oh yeah there is no realistic situation {sarcasm}
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:32 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51121 wrote:
Truman orders the nuclear bomb to be droped on Japan....

oh yeah there is no realistic situation {sarcasm}

Fair enough. Now how about abortion related situations.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:37 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51146 wrote:
Fair enough. Now how about abortion related situations.

I was just letting you know that you can't make a good decision without knowing the circumstances. Like I said before i'm pro-life.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:59 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51150 wrote:
I was just letting you know that you can't make a good decision without knowing the circumstances. Like I said before i'm pro-life.

Yes, but there are exceptions to that rule, at least, abortion is one. Because it's all speculative. You can't possibly say that killing an unborn child to prevent a future crime is logical.