Op-Ed Obama and the 'They' Sayers

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 04:07 pm
@Crito,
:no:
Crito;29761 wrote:
Republicrat or Democan, what's the difference?

Lots. Dems are closet Communists. Repubs are closet Fascists. And don't gimme that tired out horseshoe metaphor. It sucks.:no: :no: :no: :no:
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 10:36 pm
@aaronssongs,
Some would say they're all fascists:
SleptOn Magazine: Don't Sleep On The Struggle. Be A Part Of It

Quote:
Today's Democrats have internalized and identified with the interests of those whom they should be actively mobilizing the population against. The Republocrats are now all of them heir to the fascist instincts inherent in the ruling elite.

I had to use the digg mirror because SleptOn's site was attacked and taken offline shortly after the article was linked. And lest you think the guy is a complete conspiracy theory nut -- maybe he is a little bit -- you can verify the report is still secret by searching the national archive yourself:
Guide to Federal Records - Records of the Temporary National Economic Committee [TNEC]

Quote:
Functions: Studied monopoly and concentration of economic power, and made recommendations for legislation.

Quote:
Specific Restrictions: As specified by the SEC, no one, except government officials for official purposes, may have access to records created and filed by the SEC on behalf of the TNEC (Temporary National Economic Committee)..

You have to wonder what the big secret is after 65+ years. Anyone who was implicated would most likely be dead by now. Unless, of course, their heirs are continuing the fascist tradition.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 12:31 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;29699 wrote:
Relevant and truthful. Thank you. Fix America first.

I am amazed that a continent the size of Africa is be so corrupt. I have come to expect it from the south-of-the-border towns in Mexico but an entire continent is mind boggling.

Stems from European colonization and rape of the continent(the French, the Germans, the Dutch, the English, the Spanish, the Portugeuse, the Italians (practically, the whole of Europe)...which "balkanized" it further, and open the way for despots, and opportunists...guess it was a "white thing"...and some Africans picked up bad "white" habits.
And while I'm in agreement as to corruption on some scale, it doesn't rise to the level you suggest, and don't think it isn't a racist assumption on your part to say so.
I wouldn't even form my lips to say the words, or deliver the keystrokes knowing that there is hardly an African leader or head of state that can compare to the corruption of Bush / Cheney, both of whom should be tried as war criminals and for crimes against humanity, as they did in Nuremberg...one would need to have one's head examined, otherwise. And as I said before...it's a wonder there are scores of African nations that are thriving democracies, the chief being the Union of South Africa, who gave the world a shining example in Nelson Mandela...the "entire continent" is hardly "so corrupt"....so, if you'd kindly keep your racist sentiments to yourself. Or address the corruption going on here, on our own shores.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:20 am
@aaronssongs,
Quote:
guess it was a "white thing"...and some Africans picked up bad "white" habits.
Yeah the worst thing they picked up from whitey was a thing called civilization.
Quote:
I wouldn't even form my lips to say the words, or deliver the keystrokes knowing that there is hardly an African leader or head of state that can compare to the corruption of Bush / Cheney,
What about idi amin(sic)?
Crito

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:34 am
@aaronssongs,
What I find most disturbing is just about everything Bush/Cheney get blamed for (and rightfully so) Bill Clinton did while in office too. Yet there's absolutely no mention of it. Liberals even try to cover it up and pretend it never happened. Quite frankly, I'm more worried about revisionist historians under a Democan administration than I am under a Republicrat. At least these things come out in the open and see the light of day with Bush as president.

Bush's illegal wiretapping program? No, it was Bill Clinton's illegal wiretapping program: CLINTON'S ROGUES GALLERY:

Bush just made it legal, retroactively too.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:34 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;30334 wrote:
Yeah the worst thing they picked up from whitey was a thing called civilization.What about idi amin(sic)?

Well, see, contrary to popular belief, Africans had advanced civilizations, well before the wild tribes of Europe consolidated into distinct ethnic and nationalistic groups.
What do you think the Egyptians were "white"? Excuse me, but Cleopatra wasn't as Elizabeth Taylor portrayed her, and certainly didn't look like her.

What about Idi Amin...Forest Whittaker portrayed him ( and won best actor, no less) in The Last King of Scotland....so what? He was a cruel tyrant, who killed many of his countrymen....the same thing can be said about George Bush.
What? You're not so clever.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:43 am
@Crito,
Crito;30340 wrote:
What I find most disturbing is just about everything Bush/Cheney get blamed for (and rightfully so) Bill Clinton did while in office too. Yet there's absolutely no mention of it. Liberals even try to cover it up and pretend it never happened. Quite frankly, I'm more worried about revisionist historians under a Democan administration than I am under a Republicrat. At least these things come out in the open and see the light of day with Bush as president.

Bush's illegal wiretapping program? No, it was Bill Clinton's illegal wiretapping program: CLINTON'S ROGUES GALLERY:

I am, by no means excusing Clinton's administration from their slights and neglects, or even his transgressions...
But nothing has been open in this Bush Administration...there is a wall of secrecy, unseen in American history...it's why they've been able to get away with everything, short of murder...and they probably got away with some of that, too.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:45 am
@aaronssongs,
Quote:
What do you think the Egyptians were "white"?
They sure as hell wern't black. You said you didn't think there was anyone worse then Bush and Dick from africa, i gave you an example i think is comparable, wouldn't you agree? Or in you open tolerant minds that is no such thing?
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:01 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;30345 wrote:
They sure as hell wern't black. You said you didn't think there was anyone worse then Bush and Dick from africa, i gave you an example i think is comparable, wouldn't you agree? Or in you open tolerant minds that is no such thing?

Prove it!
Where would you be getting your evidence from? Hollywood movies, starring 'white " actors???
ROTFLMAO
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:02 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;30345 wrote:

lololololololol.......Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove "all" doubt.
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:04 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30344 wrote:
I am, by no means excusing Clinton's administration from their slights and neglects, or even his transgressions...
But nothing has been open in this Bush Administration...there is a wall of secrecy, unseen in American history...it's why they've been able to get away with everything, short of murder...and they probably got away with some of that, too.

There were no slights or neglects, there was plenty of criminal activity and outright greed under Bill Clinton, however. Just like the Kennedy family's rise to power through illegal and corrupt means has been brushed over, so are revisionist Democans doing to the "Clinton legacy".
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:07 am
@Crito,
Crito;30351 wrote:
There were no slights or neglects, there was plenty of criminal activity and outright greed under Bill Clinton, however. Just like the Kennedy family's rise to power through illegal and corrupt means has been brushed over, so are revisionist Democans doing to the "Clinton legacy".

Granted...but he was overall, a great president, by comparison....he certainly was smarter, than what we are stuck with now. But in no way was he as corrupt and contemptible as Bush
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:17 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;29899 wrote:
No one had to lie a lot, given the crazy antics of SH. He did a lot to set himself up, and you know it.:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

WMDs pino :thumbup:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:24 am
@Crito,
Crito;30340 wrote:

did clinton take the US into a war in iraq,claiming he had weapons of mass destruction,and that saddam was linked to alqueda.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:39 am
@Crito,
Crito;30314 wrote:
Some would say they're all fascists:
SleptOn Magazine: Don't Sleep On The Struggle. Be A Part Of It

I had to use the digg mirror because SleptOn's site was attacked and taken offline shortly after the article was linked. And lest you think the guy is a complete conspiracy theory nut -- maybe he is a little bit -- you can verify the report is still secret by searching the national archive yourself:
Guide to Federal Records - Records of the Temporary National Economic Committee [TNEC]

You have to wonder what the big secret is after 65+ years. Anyone who was implicated would most likely be dead by now. Unless, of course, their heirs are continuing the fascist tradition.

Thanks to GW, the accidental genius, the Democrats lost an invaluable ally on 911 -- the Israel lobby and America's Jewish establishment. They lost the immense power, wealth and covert influence those forces command. As a result, they're floundering, and they're doomed to lose, in the end. Skag Hillary will be forced by these entities to continue the war in Iraq, and even escalate U.S. involvement there, if necessary. The Skag will be a puppet, regardless of what she wants to do, or promised America she would do. Thank you, GW. Republicans now enjoy Jewish support. That makes them invincible. Get some.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:41 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;30356 wrote:
WMDs pino :thumbup:

He acted as though he had them. He wanted the world to believe he had them. It did, kicked his shiney butt out of power, killed his family, and hanged him. Joke was on him.:thumbup:
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:50 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;30358 wrote:
did clinton take the US into a war in iraq,claiming he had weapons of mass destruction,and that saddam was linked to alqueda.

Nope....you're gonna have to prove that! Clinton is not Bush, Scoob.
Oh, you already know that. Well, some don't.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:54 am
@aaronssongs,
Billy boy took his licks in iraq, you guys forget about him bombing Iraq a few times?
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:56 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30363 wrote:
He acted as though he had them. He wanted the world to believe he had them. It did, kicked his shiney butt out of power, killed his family, and hanged him. Joke was on him.:thumbup:

Whatever happened to the rule of law and the presumption of innocence?
Well, let's just throw the broken justice system out the window, and go after all the people we "think" are going to do a crime.....they did a movie on that entitled "Minority Report"...It didn't work...the system was flawed.
You can't use pre-emptive strikes as "self defense" argument...if you do, would Russia or China be justified in nuking us, pre-emptively, in their self-defense???....you can't have it both ways, although that's what you're trying to do.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:00 am
@aaronssongs,
Quote:
Whatever happened to the rule of law and the presumption of innocence?
The presumption of innocense went out when he attack Kuwait. He signed a cease fire to save his hide. If he wanted to keep it he should of kept his word. He didn't and now he's dead for it.
0 Replies